LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-08-03, 9:04pm

Default NEWEST DH

Anyone tried out the newest Double Helix candy from the Gathering besides Hayley? I got some of the sparkly triton and Aurae (or was it Aether?). Also got a couple others but waiting to hear from y'all about working them. Any solid, VERY explicit tips for Kronos? Remember when Kronos was all over EBAY and gorgeous? Kim Neely mostly as I recall.
Pam
Old 2012-08-04, 10:29am
sunscreen me baby

Still waiting for my box I mailed.... it's killing me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-08-04, 10:44am
Ooohhh! Shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Still waiting for my box I mailed.... it's killing me!
I know the feeling! I'm stalking the mail carrier.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:55am
Storm Queen

I have one rod of Okeanos, Boreas and a black sparkly rod that reduces in a neutral flame. I've just played with them because one rod isn't quite enough to fully test the glass and of course I have to try storming and webbing them. I may have pictures around to share later.

Old 2012-08-04, 1:51pm
Lampworkaholic!

I just got home about 2 hours ago! I will make some beads with the new test batches tomorrow and post pictures on Monday - lord willing and the creek don't rise - lol!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-08-04, 2:22pm
A True Woofer

I started making test beads of the new test batches but the radio program I wanted to listen to wasn't coming in well, so I packed it in and will try again tomorrow. I did get a few done, though.

Old 2012-08-04, 6:26pm
da General

I am not allowed to play.

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-08-04, 8:36pm
Fried Cat

When will DH put the new batches on their site?
Old 2012-08-04, 8:59pm
Ooohhh! Shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I am not allowed to play.
Why not?
Old 2012-08-04, 9:35pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen P View Post
Why not?
Coz Pam said "besides Hayley" . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by della View Post
Anyone tried out the newest Double Helix candy from the Gathering besides Hayley? I got some of the sparkly triton and Aurae (or was it Aether?). Also got a couple others but waiting to hear from y'all about working them. Any solid, VERY explicit tips for Kronos? Remember when Kronos was all over EBAY and gorgeous? Kim Neely mostly as I recall.
Pam

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-08-04, 9:56pm

My post was not intended to exclude you for crying out loud. I was referring to the fact that you started another thread in which you posted gorgeous beads. Please play if you are so inclined, please.
Old 2012-08-05, 3:12pm
A True Woofer

I made a few more today. I repeated one of the test beads from yesterday because I got some cracking, which is kind of unusual for me, so I wanted to try again and be sure I did it right.

Old 2012-08-05, 3:50pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
My post was not intended to exclude you for crying out loud. I was referring to the fact that you started another thread in which you posted gorgeous beads. Please play if you are so inclined, please.
I think Hayley was playing -- she wasn't being serious.

I have a few in the kiln. I'm eager to see if the sparkly ones stayed sparkly (but not optimistic). It did look like they held their luster under encasement.

I only tried 2 of the test batches today. I want to be able to keep them straight.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-08-05, 4:44pm
da General

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
This ^^^ . . .

Just got all my glass couple of days ago but decided to take the weekend off from torching and spend time with hubby. Now I will have to wait till next weekend to play!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-08-05, 5:26pm
A True Woofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post

I have a few in the kiln. I'm eager to see if the sparkly ones stayed sparkly (but not optimistic). It did look like they held their luster under encasement.

I only tried 2 of the test batches today. I want to be able to keep them straight.
If you encased the sparkly purple one with zephyr, let me know, my zephyr cracked in the first one I did. I remade one this afternoon and I'm curious to see if it survived.

Old 2012-08-06, 4:38am
A True Woofer

Well, it did not. The zephyr is cracked on the new one too.

Old 2012-08-06, 4:23pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I got the RH508 and can't get it to do much. Anyone else get this color?

Old 2012-08-06, 4:26pm
Lampworkaholic!

These are OP 509 (white sparky) and OP 511 (darker purple sparkly). Encased in Clarity.
Attached Images

Old 2012-08-06, 4:42pm
A True Woofer

Well, I emailed Jed and I have a different batch of zephyr I'm going to try.

Pretty beads, Elizabeth!

Old 2012-08-07, 8:42am
Isellstuff&alsothings

Liz those are gorgeous! So the one on the left is the white sparkly OP 509? That looks more purplish than the other bead. It's hard to tell but it also looks like it has sparkles in it. Is that from the glass or did you add dichro? Beautiful beads.

Old 2012-08-07, 12:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thank you Ellen and Ansunya! Yes the white sparkly is on the left, looks like mother of pearl. The sparkles are in the rods. I probably cook most of them out by working hot. No patience!

Back later with a couple more from yesterday. Three more in the box today.

Old 2012-08-07, 2:15pm

Those are really pretty Elizabeth! I love the white one.
I want some of that glass. Bad.

Old 2012-08-07, 7:10pm
Lampworkaholic!

OP 507, (redder purple sparkly) and Clear Luster (no number). So far the white sparkly and the clear luster are my favorites.
Attached Images

Old 2012-08-07, 8:22pm
Catnip Pusher

Wahhh! I want some! Why did they only sell it at the Gathering!!?!

Aimee
Old 2012-08-07, 9:33pm
Isellstuff&alsothings

Cool beads, Liz! I agree, the white sparkly and clear luster are the ones I'm drawn to as well.

Old 2012-08-07, 9:36pm
Isellstuff&alsothings

They're going up for sale on the 18th!

http://www.doublehelixglassworks.com/

yippee!

Old 2012-08-12, 10:35pm
Cat Lady

I just tried OP-509 for the first time and I am IN LURVE. (That's the white sparkly glass that looks like Mother of Pearl when reduced and encased).

Jed told me at The Gathering that Double Helix decides which glasses to produce in mass by seeing how many beads are made with it and how many people want more.

So, this is my official beg: please make more OP-509!! It is such a unique glass - there is nothing like it in any CO, and it is gorgeous. (I'll take pics soon...)
Old 2012-08-12, 10:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansuya View Post
They're going up for sale on the 18th!

http://www.doublehelixglassworks.com/

yippee!
Oh no....I'm in trouble...

Old 2012-08-13, 1:18pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

TL478 with Aether/Zephyr and Aurae dots

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-08-13, 1:43pm
da General

Yummy, Lori!

|
|
|
|