Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-01-30, 7:55pm

Default I know he means well...

But is the opportunity to open a line of credit at Frantz such a good idea?
Old 2009-01-30, 8:09pm
Living out Loud

It all depends upon you......... Will you buy what you need for immediate use or will you be like me and want every new glass on the market?

Only you know your glass limits. If there is any such thing!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-31, 8:21am

Oh, I *SO* cannot go there.
There's a reason the only "credit" card I own is my debit card (ie: no $ in checking account & it declines
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-02-02, 12:05pm

Default I am not selling Crack!

Quote:
But is the opportunity to open a line of credit at Frantz such a good idea?

It is not like I am offering crack customers a $200 line of credit. Crack customers have a problem saying "NO". I am dealing with smart and sensible beadmakers who would only use this line of credit in a color emergency.

Mike
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-02-02, 12:06pm

Color emergencies can also be "ZOMG, I love Lemongrass, I need to stock up before it's gone forever - back the truck up!"

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-02-02, 12:08pm
drinks pickle juice

this is a prime example of how easy it is to both love and hate someone at the same time! Mike you are SUCH an enabler!

But at the same time, it is nice to see a company offering credit to its customers when so many other companies are revoking it. It's nice that Mike has faith in us
Old 2009-02-02, 12:37pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

It's not really a credit line, but for example you need glass now but don't have the money until the beginning of the month kind of deal. Still, it is the lowest credit finance amount than anyone should you run over the alotted time to pay.

I hope I never have to use it but it's nice to know it's there if I do need it. Thanks Mike!
Old 2009-02-02, 1:11pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

I really dont know why Mikes business decisions should be open for discussion .
If someone doesn't like it , they dont have to use it !
Please , mind your own stores,let Mike and his team tend to theirs .

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2009-02-02, 1:18pm
drinks pickle juice

Quote:
I really dont know why Mikes business decisions should be open for discussion .
If someone doesn't like it , they dont have to use it !
Please , mind your own stores,let Mike and his team tend to theirs .
I know that I can only speak for myself, but I wrote what I did as a positive for Mike. The tone of this thread appears, to me at least, to be positive, and slightly tongue-in-cheek.

ETA: I do apologize if it came across as though I were criticizing Mike in any way!

Last edited by blindmonkey; 2009-02-02 at 1:20pm.
Old 2009-02-02, 1:24pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Gina hon , I didn't take yours or others as negative at all .
It was in fact why the question was even asked that bothered me .
It would be no different that if any of us opened a thread only to find someone didn't approve of how we were running our business .
If Mike wanted our opinions , he would have started a poll.

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2009-02-02, 3:32pm

Default Pick a number....any number.

This thread is fine, I want to hear what people have to say about me offering a small line of credit. I have lots of glass, as a matter-of-fact, unless you have seen how much glass I have, you would not believe me if I told you. So my question for today is how many tons (ton=2,000) of Effetre, Vetrofond, Messy, Double Helix, Tag, Precision, Northstar, Glass Alchemy, millefiori and sheet glass do you think I have. The one who emails me the closest guess will get a gift from me. I will give you one clue, I have less than 100 tons and more than 1 ton. I will pick the winner in one week or whenever there has not been a new guess for 72 hours.

I love fun games!

mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-02-02, 3:39pm
Formerly Sassygirl

I'll bite 24 tons

Old 2009-02-02, 3:39pm
Salt Box Beads

Sent you an e-mail...I guessed 72 tons..

Lorraine
Old 2009-02-02, 3:49pm
No time left to work...

I am guessing 48.5 tons...

Patti
Old 2009-02-02, 4:12pm

16 Tons and what do you get, another year older and deeper in dept. That's my guess.
emmy
Who says now that song is in my head. Good thing I like it.

Old 2009-02-02, 4:12pm

ok, I am going with 18 tons.
That's a lot of glass......

- A work in progress

Old 2009-02-02, 4:34pm

I'm guessing 47...
Okay Emmy, how long will that song be in my head...good thing I like it too!
Thanks for the game Mike, we all need some fun these days!
Donna
Old 2009-02-02, 4:34pm

Quote:
16 Tons and what do you get, another year older and deeper in dept. That's my guess.
emmy
Who says now that song is in my head. Good thing I like it.
very funny ^

I'm guessing

60 tons
Old 2009-02-02, 4:37pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

69 tons? I had to go there.

Old 2009-02-02, 4:45pm
Oh, baby, I m'know...

36 tons.....

Old 2009-02-02, 4:50pm
Looking for my waistline

I'm thrilled Mike has offered a credit line. You have no idea how many sales I've missed because I didn't have the money to pay for glass until two or three weeks after the sale ended. Thanks Mike.
Old 2009-02-02, 4:51pm
jessica barksdale

emailed you, too, mike.
twenty-three tons!

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-02-02, 4:52pm

13 1/2 tons
Geneva
Old 2009-02-02, 4:52pm
novembersfyre everywhere

42 tons

Old 2009-02-02, 4:55pm
Trying to Hope!

97 tons of glass

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2009-02-02, 4:58pm
Wait.....what?

My guess would be 58 tons.

Old 2009-02-02, 5:03pm
drinks pickle juice

I guessed 63 tons. I cannot even wrap my head around what that much glass would look like. It kinda makes me drool though!
Old 2009-02-02, 5:12pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

88 tons!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-02-02, 5:17pm
Glass n00b

12 tons.

DISCLAIMER: Please take the following as it's meant. Just MY opinion, not meant to have any inflection (since people seem to be apt to read into posts.... I'm being up front, this is said in the nicest way and without any malice. Covering my bases here, folks!)

I'm sorry, anything that is public or posted online is up for discussion. This idea of getting self-righteous over someone posting an opinion online is ridiculous. If Mike were worried what people thought, he'd probably never have a store.... there's always ONE naysayer. I'll bet ONE person was against his choice to open a business, unless he is just a lucky guy to have only supportive people surrounding him!!

It's like saying you can't question or comment on someones choice of fabric for an outfit or choice of colors for a bead. No, has nothing to do with you what someone else does.... but really? People are opinionated and last time I checked, the First Amendment DID cover things like personal opinions....

Now, if that opinion posting were against the rules at Lampworketc, then that's another story as this is a privately run forum. But it's not. So why get your knickers in a twist over it?

Oh the irony.... me lecturing someone about their opinion on someone elses opinion.... Anyone other than me find the entire thing ludicrous?

Public companies and their decisions are up for public scrutiny. You can't police peoples opinions unless you run the forum or they discuss something illegal/illicit.

/MrsGrace steps off the legal soapbox
Old 2009-02-02, 5:18pm

50 tons