Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-01-21, 12:26pm
Ad astra per aspera

Two lil hints for peanut management...before you even open the box, wipe it down with a dryer sheet (Bounce, etc). Wipe your hands and arms too.

When you're done unpacking your goodies, you can recycle them! If you don't want to keep 'em all around for your own use, take them to any UPS store. They'll take them back (though sometimes I get funny looks LOL).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-21, 2:55pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
I prefer the vegepuffs!!!!! They are awesome and biodegradeable
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
And so yummy tossed with a little garlic powder and sea salt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-21, 3:19pm
Live and Let Live

Hmmmm... I like the circus peanut idea, or maybe Mike should mass-produce popcorn (unbuttered, of course) and use that for packing material?! Then you could eat your way through the packing material to find the candy, and it's all biodegradable!

I got 2 orders from Mike around holiday time and there was no candy in either of them. Got another order recently and it had candy. I think something mighty fishy was going on with the candy around the holidays. Mike... wanna launch an investigation into that for us?!?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-21, 4:21pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Quote:
I placed an order with Frantz and it came amazingly fast. Every thing was perfect. But unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the Battle of the Peanuts. My glass was packed with the bottom of the bag of peanuts. You know what I mean, all of the tiny bits of foam. It shouldn't have been a problem except for the piece of candy in the bottom that I had to find. I couldn't let it go. So here I am, there is 0 humidity in my house, it's colder than a witches you know what so I'm wearing fleece and I have to get that last piece of candy out of the little chunks of foam. Next thing you know I have foam up to my shoulders, every time I try to get it back in the box I more foam adheres to me. I'm trying to be neat and keep it fom flying through the house. It's just not happening. So I get the bright idea to go in the bathroom and spray myself with hairspray. It works for static cling on skirts. Now I have a trail of little foam gibblets all the way from the dining room to the upstairs bathroom. The hairspray just proceeded to make the foam stick more securely to me. I give! Take off my jacket, go outside and shake furiously for 10 minutes then come back in and vaccuum.
But wait, there's more! I always empty my peanuts in large bags so I can reuse it. What do I hear as I'm dumping the peanuts in the bag? A piece of candy that I somehow missed. I can't leave it in there...
OMG and LOL - I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I get a Frantz delivery I know I'm going to be covered in bits of foam for a couple of days!!! What I really love is discovering a surprise piece of candy that I missed when I finally get around to reusing the last of the peanuts!
Old 2008-01-21, 5:07pm
passionate about pets

Quote:
And so yummy tossed with a little garlic powder and sea salt.
chrisdd - i hope you joking.....you don't actually eat them?

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-01-21, 6:27pm

Default Going Green

I have asked our warehouse manager to check into biodegradable peanuts and also using only recycled cardboard. I know that the cost of using 'green' products will cost more money. Would you pay a "green charge" for us to save the enviroment? Do you think we should offert this 'green service' to those who would pay and let the others eat peanuts and use new trees?

This is entirely up to you.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-01-21, 6:36pm
sunscreen me baby

I don't care, just don't stop the candy!!! Yes, it's true, I look forward to the candy in the box. I put it right next to my kiln and after a bead here and there I get a treat. And I do think of you Mike

~

Old 2008-01-21, 6:54pm
koregon

Mine is always quick and the peanuts do make the glass arive safe and unbroken, but hell to clean up in the garage...got to agree there, but well worth it when the glass comes intact.
Quote:
I placed an order with Frantz and it came amazingly fast. Every thing was perfect. But unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the Battle of the Peanuts. My glass was packed with the bottom of the bag of peanuts. You know what I mean, all of the tiny bits of foam. It shouldn't have been a problem except for the piece of candy in the bottom that I had to find. I couldn't let it go. So here I am, there is 0 humidity in my house, it's colder than a witches you know what so I'm wearing fleece and I have to get that last piece of candy out of the little chunks of foam. Next thing you know I have foam up to my shoulders, every time I try to get it back in the box I more foam adheres to me. I'm trying to be neat and keep it fom flying through the house. It's just not happening. So I get the bright idea to go in the bathroom and spray myself with hairspray. It works for static cling on skirts. Now I have a trail of little foam gibblets all the way from the dining room to the upstairs bathroom. The hairspray just proceeded to make the foam stick more securely to me. I give! Take off my jacket, go outside and shake furiously for 10 minutes then come back in and vaccuum.
But wait, there's more! I always empty my peanuts in large bags so I can reuse it. What do I hear as I'm dumping the peanuts in the bag? A piece of candy that I somehow missed. I can't leave it in there...

Old 2008-01-21, 7:35pm

i hate peanuts! yes i would pay more for biodegradable cause i hate those peanuts. i open my packages in my office and staff has heard me curse " i hate these damn peanuts". its a texture issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yech yech yech!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-01-21, 8:05pm
Live and Let Live

Quote:
I have asked our warehouse manager to check into biodegradable peanuts and also using only recycled cardboard. I know that the cost of using 'green' products will cost more money. Would you pay a "green charge" for us to save the enviroment? Do you think we should offert this 'green service' to those who would pay and let the others eat peanuts and use new trees?

Mike Frantz
IMO, it would depend on the added cost. I would pay a couple extra bucks for 'green packaging' in a heartbeat. If it would be more in the neighborhood of $5 per shipment, I would have to think about that. Thanks for looking into it, and do let us know.

For those who've experienced the biodegradable ones, is the static cling a non-issue with those??

Old 2008-01-22, 6:53am
moth to the flame

Quote:

Mike Frantz
I can deal with the peanuts and would rather not pay more for something else
so will you at least try and give us that don't mind how you do things a choice?
I'd rather spend the extra money on glass than packing!

Thanks for the candies too, I love fishing for them

And thanks for all you have done to please - I appreciate it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-01-22, 6:51pm
Slightly Askew.....

Hi Mike, I've ordered from you in the past and am in the process of getting another order ready for you, within the week (before Friday, I hope). Personally I would rather deal with the mess of packing peanuts, than having broken glass, or other product. Biodegradable or not, doesn't make a difference to me, but I do recycle, for those of you who might think I don't care about nature. Customer service (as in not broken product) is much more important to me than the type of packaging. I do my own share of recycling in the sales biz, as it is, so I hang on to ALL packaging.

As far as Frantz goes, I love that they are local (so to speak, one of these days I'm going to get to one of your "summer parties") and they offer things that are harder to come by at other places (like ring mandrels).

It's nice that you're getting feedback on what people prefer.
Keep up the good work!!
~Charlotte~

P.S. I'm only after the eye candy (glass) not the sugary stuff

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

Old 2008-01-22, 7:27pm
Living out Loud

I got my order yesterday and no candy
I too loathe the darned peanuts I would be willing to pay a small extra charge for greener packing material. I save most of the peanuts for.........????? I just know I will need them one day.
Old 2008-01-23, 1:03am
giggety-giggety

orange candy circus peanuts...
soft. sweet. glass protection.
biodegradable.
mmmmmmnnnn...

My etsy:

Old 2008-01-23, 8:29am
Genus: gwacefulia klumsia

I get glass from one supplier who uses this big heavy cardboard tubes, bubble wraps the bundles and puts the glass in the tubes, then the tubes go in a box full of paper. All recycle-able and no peanuts (heavenly). Plus the tubes are so heavy you can use them for in your glass storage unit like PVC.
etsy shop:

doggies:
Old 2008-01-23, 10:04am

There's CANDY?????!!!!!????? I just raced outside to the trash barrel with those damn peanuts and my CANDY???!!! A
I'm bummed!

Old 2008-01-23, 10:05am

Gwacie, Please share...who is that supplier?

Old 2008-01-24, 1:30am
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
I get glass from one supplier who uses this big heavy cardboard tubes, bubble wraps the bundles and puts the glass in the tubes, then the tubes go in a box full of paper. All recycle-able and no peanuts (heavenly). Plus the tubes are so heavy you can use them for in your glass storage unit like PVC.
Instead of cardboard tubes, Bridgetown is using smaller boxes from BE factory

Old 2008-01-26, 2:13pm
Guera loca

I have all my glass shipped to my work address. First, it's under husband-radar and I can bring it home on a night when he's at the restaurant. Second, I work for a printing company and their shipping department delivers the box right to my office, or they'll put it in the car for me. Third, when no one is home during the day, the delivery gorillas leave packages behind the bushes. Lifting a heavy box of glass isn't always easy. Lifting a heavy WET box of glass is terrifying.

But the cleaning crew - and my boss - bitch and moan about the peanuts. Even with dryer sheets (besides making my office smell like a laundry room), the stuff goes everywhere. I've given up on the candy. I just root around in the peanuts to be sure I got all my glass and other stuff, check it against the packing slip, and send the box and peanuts down to our shipping department. They shred and recycle the cardboard and reuse the peanuts (and candy, too, I guess). Anyone who walks into my office knows when I've just opened a glass shipment.

But one thing is for sure. I have never ever gotten more than one broken rod in a shipment of glass from Frantz. That's impressive.

I recently stocked up on large-diameter rods and stringers. (Yep, that's right. Weeks before they dropped to 50% off for Mike's birthday... sigh.) But I was blown away by the packing of the stringers. Not only were they bundled and shrink-wrapped as usual, but the wrapped bundles were then wrapped in bubble wrap and then THAT was shrink-wrapped. How can you not love a company that is that careful?!

Now, if I'm buying something that Frantz sells, I usually will not buy it anywhere else. I've bought glass from many suppliers over the years. Without naming names, I got glass that was dirty, badly scratched, broken, badly cut, and mislabeled, not to mention the other horrors of ordering, back-ordering and shipping. When I buy from Mike, it's clean, evenly cut, carefully packaged and shipped blazingly fast.

For all that, I don't mind putting up with the mess.

And, yes, Mike, I would gladly check off a box to pay an extra couple of bucks for green packaging. I don't even think it should be optional. I wish ALL glass vendors used ONLY green packaging, even if it meant adding a reasonable surcharge to each order.

Barb

- our restaurant

Last edited by bjcohan; 2008-01-26 at 2:15pm.