Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-11-28, 5:52pm
Cali4nia baby

Unhappy Anybody find a website builder that works with MAC?

This has been a search of epic proportions, but I can't seem to be able to do it as easily as I have seen the pc wbsites go up !? What is up with this - I would LUV to get some feedback from people with macs who find good web builders ~
Old 2008-11-28, 6:03pm

I don't know the answer to your question (sorry), but I do know that I've seen other threads about this topic here. Have you done a search?

Good luck!

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2008-11-28, 11:53pm

Default websites

I build websites for a living. What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a computer program or an web based online program?

Are you trying to do something special or different? Or?

Let me know.

gloria
Old 2008-11-29, 9:18am
yoga citta vritti nirodha

The new iLife 08 for mac has a program called iweb. I'm trying to build my own site in it now. It is basically a drop and drag program. It's has pre made templates and is fairly easy to use. I'm no html wizard and it is pretty intuitive to find your way around. It has some limitations, but if you are looking for a basic site builder then it's great. It has a premade page for photos and one for adding photo albums from iphotos mac program. It has a built in page for blogging too. The site can be hosted on mobile me or with another host. If hosted on mobile me, it can't be a commercial site. But commercial is okay if you use another host.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-29, 9:24am
Ready to hit the road

Try Freeway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-01, 8:35am
ManBearPig

I use Adobe GoLive. Best program out there if you can still find it. Adobe recently replaced it with Dreamweaver which was a big step backwards, but it will still work.

Old 2008-12-08, 7:23am

goldfish is a pritty good one for mac. I switch to a pc & I miss my goldfish

Jen
Old 2008-12-10, 7:34pm

I just got Sandvox and love it. You might want to look into it. Still working on my new site, but the software is pretty easy to use. Good luck

Old 2008-12-10, 7:49pm
Certified Thread Killer

Try Freeway or Freeway Express.
It's a little more WYSIWYG than I would like but it works well.

I'm a GoLive person turned Dreamweaver because of moving up to a MacBook Pro.

~Rachelle
Old 2009-01-02, 12:44pm
Hummel factory reject

Has anyone used Nvu?