No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-06-16, 12:50pm
Slightly Askew.....

Default Oxy Gen just stops breathing

I got a DeVilBiss a while back. I've used it infrequently over the last couple of years. I rinsed the back filter regularly. I hadn't used it for a few months and now it seems to be having issues. I should probably get it serviced but first I thought I'd see if anyone is familiar with this problem. Sometimes it will work for awhile (an hour or so) and then stops breathing (running). The alarm doesn't go off when it does this. I used it a couple of days ago and didn't have any problems, but today it was on for maybe 2 minutes and just stopped again. I always turn it off immediately. Any ideas?? I can't remember the company I bought it from but I do remember the gentleman was named Justin.

HELP!!! I NEED to lampwork

THANKS!!!

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Orchid40; 2009-06-16 at 12:51pm. Reason: Cause I'm a dork
Old 2009-06-16, 1:16pm
T.J. made me do it

I'm pretty sure it's Oxygenplusmedical.com that has/had a Justin working for them a couple of years ago when I bought mine.

Julie
Old 2009-06-16, 1:37pm
Slightly Askew.....

Thanks Julie, that rang a bell and I spent about 20 minutes looking through past receipts and that was it. I found it! Yeah! I'm going to give them a call.

~A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~

Old 2009-06-16, 2:16pm
Creatrixie

Good luck Charlotte! Tell us how it goes. I'm intregued now...

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-06-19, 3:10pm
Slightly Askew.....

I talked to Justin today, he had me run it with no hose going to it. When I turned it on it jumped up past 5 and he had me turn it down to 5, which at that point it gave a little shudder quit breathing, shut off and the reset button popped out. He said I would need to ship it back for them to figure out what the problem is : (......... I'm hoping it's something simple. It's still covered under warranty but he said not "everything" is covered like circuit boards and such. Well see!! Now I need to go buy a box big enough to ship it in and find a good freight co. or UPS to ship it back. Which ever is cheaper.....eeeek....

Last edited by Orchid40; 2009-06-19 at 3:12pm. Reason: spelling