Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-02-11, 1:24pm

Default BRAD PEARSON at the Craft Guild of Dallas April 30, May 1 & 2

Brad Pearson will be at the Craft Guild of Dallas on April 30th (Marble class) and May 1st and 2nd (Beyone the Basic Bead)

Beginning Marbles:

This is to introduce everyone to the fun world of soft glass marbles. Using a torch and glass rods, the students will create their own, one of a kind glass marbles. Lots of time will be available for practice, as it takes a little time to get the round shape perfect. For decoration we will cover several traditional and new techniques, such and twists, speckled and implosion marbles. This is a perfect class for bead makers wanting to learn something new, and for anyone who wants to play with hot glass with out the hassle and expense of a full scale glassblowing studio.

Beyond the Basic Bead:

Have you ever wanted to break out of the wound bead on a mandrel. Would you like to explore glass beyond the simple round bead. Then this is the class for you.

This class is designed to push the students to a new level of beadmaking. We will cover dots, masking patterns, heat control, two-part bead construction, and working off- mandrel with stainless steel punties. New lessons are always evolving as I learn new things and master new techniques, so students can always expect something new.

Hopefully students will learn new ways to think about bead construction and gain control over the glass to create new and exciting works of art. The lessons are suited for a wide variety of skill levels and everyone will walk away with something they can take to use in their own artwork.

Classes are: $200 for marble class and $400 for the 2 day "Beyond the Basic Bead". Lunch and glass are not included in price.

To sign up for Brad's class, contact the Craft Guild of Dallas at: http://www.craftguildofdallas.com or craftguildofdallas@yahoo.com or call: 972-490-0303
Old 2010-02-28, 9:59am

For those of you who haven't taken Brad's class before, this is a really great class and you'll learn so much. And if you've taken one of his classes before, he's added some new stuff, so it won't be identical from your last one.

Call or email the Craft Guild and sign up today...
Old 2010-02-28, 10:32am

You'd be hard pressed to find a better instructor than Brad! If you haven't had the privilege of taking one of his classes, it's a must-do!

Marjorie
Old 2010-03-05, 8:17am
Cheerfully Profane

I'm so jealous! Now that I'm back in school I don't have time to take classes anymore. Someone take this class for me!
Old 2010-03-13, 7:19pm

Rebekah - wish you could come, we're going to have a great time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-24, 6:57am

There are still a few seats left in Brad's class at the Craft Guild of Dallas...sign up before it's too late, you'll really love his class.
Old 2010-03-31, 1:03pm

I think there may be a little room left. This will be the only time I am in the area this year.

I promise good music and some big beads will be made.

Brad Pearson

Now Fully Stocked!!!!

Last edited by pearsonglass; 2010-04-02 at 8:10am.
Old 2010-03-31, 2:14pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Unfortunately it's a little too far for me but I'm tellin' ya. You gotta take a class with Brad!! He rocks glass. I got a brief show while at Fire on the Mountain and Brad is definitely on my list of "must take" classes in the future If I could just win the lottery and just take classes all the time.....

-Yee