Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-02-07, 9:32am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Default A good, professional photo gallery for wordpress?

Whats a good professional photo gallery that I can use on wordpress? Or that has an html code I can copy and paste or something easy? I'm moving my website to wordpress and was thinking of adding a bead gallery page. I really like sleek, clean, simple lines. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2009-02-07, 10:16am
Beadmaking.nl

nextgen

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

Take a look on my webpage: http://www.margrieten.nl
You can see how it works

Old 2009-02-07, 10:38pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Isn't nextgen a plugin? I don't think I can use plugins because I don't have a website that uses wordpress. It's just a wordpress blog and they don't have a place to upload plugins. From what I've read anyways. If I had a cheap place to host that is compatible with wordpress than please let me know. Its just right now Im using pappashop and paying 12.99 a month for a shopping cart when I don't need that.

*+.+*
Old 2009-02-10, 3:10pm

I'm using JAlbum for my photo gallery. It's free.
Have a look on my webpage (Bead Gallery) - as you can see, I like the no-fuss, sleek look too. But they have lots of different templates available for free.

It's not a plug in, and if you want you can generate an HTML code that you can use.
I personally use it with iframes on my webpage though.

I'm not sure if it works with Wordpress. Better you have a look at their webpage to check it out. They have great support and I'm sure you find the answer to that question: http://jalbum.net/

Old 2009-02-13, 12:56pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Thanks Judith. Ill try them.

Love yours!

*+.+*
Old 2009-02-13, 1:07pm

I have absolutely NO idea if this will work for you, but our gallery uses this free photo album, and a good friend of mine uses it for a few of her web sites:

http://www.zenphoto.org/

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-05-13, 11:31pm
Cats & Glass!

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this but try Picasa - it's awesome! You can keep galleries on your computer through their software and then upload them to your free webspace and then with the click of a couple of buttons, create code that you can embed pretty much anywhere. Highly recommend them. They are a Google company.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-05-14, 8:58am

You might want to hit my second site. I have a free Excel spreadsheet that you can use to feature photos and text in a tidy HTML table. It generates the code and you paste it into a post. No sign-in or email harvesting, it is just there for the download. It comes with instructions.

Steve