Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-08-24, 1:22pm

Default Recovering...

Man, been out of the game too long. Had carpal tunnel surgery on BOTH hands (June & July). I'm really chomping at the bit to get back on the torch & furnace. Doctor says small stuff is OK starting September!

Amazing what other things you find to do while your hands aren't working...

Finished the design of my website (bought a large photo tent & all the lighting/etc)

Give me some constructive critiques if you don't mind

http://www.young-designs.com

Thanks!
Old 2007-08-24, 2:12pm
Julie Nordine

Both hands, Scott...very brave of you!! I had my left (dominant) hand done years ago now & am so glad I did. It takes time to heal, though... gotta build that strength back. It was really surprising how weak my arm strength got. I can imagine that you're anxious to get back to the torch/furnace, I'd be going nuts!

Your site is perfect. You did an awesome job on it. Very clean. It's really cool to read about your background & how you found yourself knee deep in glass.

Maybe it's time for me to get my right hand done...I need a little down time so I can get my site up, too!!

Take it easy & happy healing.

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2007-08-24, 2:42pm
Virginia.

BEAUTIFUL - best of luck in your recouvery - know what you are going thru - didn't have carple tunnel, but had adhiesive capsulitus in both shoulders (and some other stuff} - was out of commission for the better part of a year - still have soreness two years later - the glass was very theraputic - GREAT luck and my prayers for you - V

If you have a chance, choose to dance!! If you are sick - stay home - you too can personally start a Pandemic!!! - Virginia

Old 2007-08-24, 5:25pm
Crispy Critter

Why do you have to wait so long to get on the torch? I had both wrists done this year, too, and each time I was back to making beads after 1 week.

Old 2007-08-24, 6:10pm
Spectrum rulz

I love your little workshop Scott it is so cute - but when you are working is it always that neat and tidy. I couldnt torch for a while while I recovered from a neck injury and my workspace was just so beautiful (I spent many hours cleaning it). I have to look at the picture of it often to imagine what it looks like clean lol. I read you life journey - I would love to get an apprenticeship as a glass blower - dont think we can do that here in Australia though. I like your website your pictures are great crisp and clear hopefully your hands will be ready for you to get back to torching soon. I wouldnt push it though and do it too soon as you dont wont to wreck the good work that has been done.
Old 2007-08-24, 9:11pm

I've made a few small beads, but the Dr had to cut a bit more than usual. I'm actually making sure I don't re-damage anything (rather be out another week or 2 than go bigger too soon)

Thanks for all the comments!

BTW, my shop is usually that clean since I work with 4 different types of glass. Doesn't take long to clean up after each session and it makes me feel better when I start clean...