Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-10-06, 8:47am
Somewhat out there!

Last night I made myself get somewhat "serious" about trying to use murrini. This thread really helps. Soon I will be trying the beautiful butterfly murrini I got from Ryan. Thank you everyone.
Old 2011-01-08, 11:50am
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Here are some different effects using murrini

If you plunge then cap starburst type murrini you get an awesome sea anemone look. Then place fish murrini over the top for great realism. Murrini by John Rizzi and De

The following all have the murrini melted flat using the melt, pat, melt, pat method. Murrini by John Rizzi, Renee, and Lori and Kim

The last set uses all the freebie murrini sent by generous murrini makers. You can see how different murrini react in a different way. Some stay crisp while others blur more.

Sorry to be such an image hog, but I just love using murrini!
Carolyn, on the beads that are pressed with the murrini, do you put the murrini on before you press or after? Sounds like a dumb question but I just have to wonder how you would keep the shape if put on before the press.
thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2011-01-09, 8:33am

Ryan's butterfly murrini is unbelievable. I have no clue how he manages to get such detail. De's fish and shells are next on my shopping list - as soon as I get some more money. I also have murrini from Jet Age Studio, Avenue Beads, Double Helix and a few other suppliers. You can't go wrong with these suppliers.
Old 2018-02-04, 5:29am

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the tutorials, Margrieten !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrieten View Post
Old 2018-02-04, 5:36am

Dear RyanTheNumberImp,
when applying more than 1 murrini, do you apply few in one time and then melt them down? Or do you put 1 in a row each time and work completely with one, and then start with another one?
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheNumberImp View Post
Just to expand on my previous post, here are some rather poor drawings.

This shows how applying ribbed murrini and fish/shape murrini differ. For the former you want it to melt into a cone shape so that you can see design on the sides after it melts in.

The process for applying the two different types of murrini are different since in one smearing is good, while for the other smearing is bad.

And here is how I suggest doing it.

Just keep repeating the last two steps until it is flush.
When you start it can be a pretty long and slow process but eventually you will get a feel for how fast you can go without smearing the murrini.