LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2010-02-08, 5:37pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Holy crap! That flame is HUGE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-08, 5:57pm
Alaska Boro

What are you running the inner and outer flames on? Bottled, concentrator, 5 LPM, etc. And PSI for both? Four stud or 2 stud model?
Old 2010-02-08, 6:01pm

Default scorpion

I have the 2 stud(pic is above post-pink torch), & I'm running on a OGSI 20 concentrator. I've been playing the last hour & I'm loving it! I definately recomend this torch.
Thanks,Debbie
Old 2010-02-08, 6:11pm
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetslive View Post
Hi there,
I just fired it up & here's a couple pics.Interior flame.
Outer flame

Don't mind my messy table.
Thanks,Debbie
OMG I'm having a personal moment. I can't wait to fire mine up!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-02-08, 7:02pm
into the fire

Ohhhhh my gawsh - YUMBO verrry niiiice ! We await all your critiques and first beads made on it ........what color is chameleon, is it extra ?

Last edited by absinthestudio; 2010-02-08 at 7:06pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2010-02-08, 7:43pm

I just giggled like a little girl when I saw those flame pictures! Mine's scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Must be patient....

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-02-08, 8:02pm
reaction junkie

OK, I'm in - look at that flame! Now just to decide what color to get... need pics!!

/
/
/
Old 2010-02-08, 8:07pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
And.... performance???? Hotter than Cricket... Hotter than Linx... ?????? Stymied about what this torch is supposed to do and where it actually fits in the GTT torch line....

GTT Line runs, Cricket, Bobcat, Lynx,Cheetah, Scorpion (center fire is a cricket),Phantom(center fire is a Lynx), Mirage,Delta Elite, Delta Mag,Cobra, Python....their website is www.glasstorchtech.com... more details on each torch can be found there....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2010-02-08, 8:16pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Sweet! The outer flame looks pretty focused. Can it get a large bushy flame as well? I still haven't been notified.

Old 2010-02-08, 8:36pm
Flamewoman

Those of you who recieved your Scorpions - when did you order? I ordered in early Dec, just wondering where I am in the grand scheme of things.
Also....Please post what kind of oxy you are using when you post your pix please!
I am dying to hear from ( and see pictures ) someone who runs a regalia on this torch.
Whoa, those pictures on the OGSI20 were just mouth watering.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2010-02-08, 8:42pm
GlassDocNC

July 09. But don't worry, now that the torches are rolling out I think the wait from top to bottom of list is relatively short.
Old 2010-02-08, 11:38pm

Is there anyone using a 5 lpm on the outer and inner flame? I am dieing for one of these torches as soon as my dh gets back to work it is on the top of my list of have to have's.

Can someone also tell me what are the pros and cons of the 2 and 4 studs?

Old 2010-02-09, 2:53am
Alaska Boro

Using a Cricket on one 5 LPM 5.5 PSI concentrator. It works for boro beads. But it is slow going when you get up to 22 to 24 mm in diameter. One has to work close to the hottest part of the flame for success with one machine.

Since the Cricket is the inner flame of the Scorpion you would expect the same performance with one concentrator. GTT does state that one 5 LPM machine will run the torch. That is correct. However, using two 5 LPM machines at 9 PSI make a world of difference on the Cricket. That is what is now being used and the torch plays very well.

When the Scorpion arrives, will give the outer flame a try with one 5 LPM machine and see what happens. (i.e. will keep the center on the two 5 LPM machines) Would expect the outer fire performance to be sub par with the one 5 LPM machine, as a guess at this point.

Ordered the 4 stud unit as it will give individual control to both the inner and outer flames. And plan to construct a foot peddle to turn the outer on/off as needed when additional heat is needed. Some use bottled for the outer as it is in use less than the center fire. Could go that plan, but oxygen in this part of the country is just too costly.
But may be an option at your location price depending.
Old 2010-02-09, 7:16am

Default scorpion torch

I ordered mine back in August. I thought it would never come! I'm sure production will be much quicker now. Good luck,Debbie
Old 2010-02-09, 7:29am

I ordered mine in July, but now that they are shipping, everyone should have their's soon! The Chameleon was a special color and it was $60 extra, but I have to say, I didn't know it when I ordered - I didn't ask, just said I want THAT ONE!

The four-stud vs. two-stud, if you have, for instance, two 5 lpm concentrators, one can run the inner ring and one the outer, or, as was pointed out before, I think, you can put tanked oxy on the outer and a concentrator on the inner. You could also hook up a foot peddle to the four-stud, should you want one. Lots of options, that I don't actually need, but then again, I can just Y them together.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2010-02-09, 8:32am
reaction junkie

are there pictures anywhere of the fancy colors?

/
/
/
Old 2010-02-09, 9:13am

Here's a quick pic of beads I made last night on my new Scorpion. These are from Amy's storm technique. I love the colors I got out of the new Double Helix test batches. Now I'm off to silver line these babies! Thanks for looking,Debbie

P.S. Pam I can't wait to see the gorgeous dragons you make with this torch!
Old 2010-02-09, 9:49am

Okay, here are pics of the Chameleon color, though I don't think it does it justice. I have a new computer and don't really know how to use the picture editing program, since I have yet to install my new photoshop! Now you know why they call it a chameleon, I hope! These have not been color-corrected at all.
Attached Images

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2010-02-09, 9:58am

Very cool color Pam!! It reminds me of DISCO! I'm showing my age. Enjoy the torch,Debbie
Old 2010-02-09, 10:02am

That's me, DISCO PAM! I fell in love with the color/colors at the Gathering.

My Blog
Old 2010-02-09, 10:06am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Gorgeous beads, Beets! And Pam, that is so cool. Makes me wish I had ordered the cool colors!

Old 2010-02-09, 10:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Pam! I'm diggin it!!

Old 2010-02-09, 12:48pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Anyone seen/heard from Kimberly? I sent an email but haven't heard anything and her mailbox here is full.

-Yee

Old 2010-02-09, 2:34pm
Covered in glitter

Love it Pam! I ordered mine in August, I think. Hopefully the snow isn't going to keep Benicio del Torcho from getting fired up tomorrow.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-02-09, 2:45pm
Bead Obsessed

Mine is on the UPS truck headed to my door right now! UPS called and told me it's on it's way and I need to be there to sign for it (that suprised me). Woohoo!! Chris is already getting the stuff to hook it up with quick release and I should be able to fire it up very soon.

Old 2010-02-09, 3:00pm
PyronamixK

I'm back. I emptied my PM box.
Old 2010-02-09, 3:13pm
Dangerous Woman

Oh boy. I'm thinking my hurricane for the outer and a 5 lpm for the inner. Should I sell my lynx or cheetah? I'm sure it will be a while till they are going to be available for people not on the list so that gives me time to figure out how to get the money.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-02-09, 3:34pm
into the fire

oh yummy - that is gorgeous Pam ! Super beads so far - what was your settings for those Beetslive,i.e oxycon, propane ? thanks for the info
Old 2010-02-09, 3:39pm

My propane was set on 5(that's what they recomended in the instructions that came with the torch). I have an OGSI 20 & it's set on about 10-12. Hope this helps. Debbie
Old 2010-02-09, 4:47pm

I'm so disappointed I couldn't get mine set up today. Hopefully tomorrow, although to be frank, I hate to move my Cheetah, but................changes are a'comin'. (Oh, wait, that's not disco, is it?)

Deb, I bet you'll be getting yours soon.

My Blog