Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-05-08, 2:23pm

Ok, more jokes

How do you decide who to marry? (written by kids)

(1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you
like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she
should keep the chips and dip coming.
- Alan, age 10

(2) No person really decides before they grow up who they're going
to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out
later who you're stuck with.
- Kristen, age 10

WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?

(1) Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person
FOREVER by then.
- Camille, age 10

(2) No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get
married.
- Freddie, age 6 (very wise for his age)

HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?

(1) You might have to guess, based on whether
they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
- Derrick, age 8

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MUM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?

(1) Both don't want any more kids.
- Lori, age 8

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?

(1) Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to
know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long
enough.
- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure)

(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that
usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
- Martin, age 10 (who says boys do not have brains)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?

(1) I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the
newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.
-Craig, age 9

WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?

(1) When they're rich.
- Pam, age 7

(2) The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to
mess with that.
- Curt, age 7 (good point)

(3) The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should
marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.
- Howard, age 8

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?

(1) It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need
someone to clean up after them.
- Anita, age 9 (bless you child)

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?

(1) There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?
- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favourite is........

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?

(1) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a
truck.
- Ricky, age 10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Non-Glass Sites:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-08, 6:01pm
Ezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Anyone know if I can grow wisteria in Taos?
My guess is yes. I live in the high dessert, it gets so cold that not a lot of things flourish. I have a 27 y.o wisteria that covers my sukkah and it does fine. I also know that it does well in Vegas where it's hotter without the cold.

I'm not sure if Taos is considered the high desert or simply the desert but it should do well under either condition.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2008-05-08, 6:04pm
Ezzy

I got the box this afternoon, I'm so excited. Supper is finished and I'm going to go check things out now.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2008-05-08, 6:52pm
Master Procrastinator

Helen, those are just great! I love that last one too. Kids do say the darndest things!

Old 2008-05-08, 7:26pm
Still makin' flowers...

Thank you for the info, Annie! Taos is at 7000 ft, so looks like I'm in business with this wisteria!

You have a permanent sukkah? Very neat - my Bat Mitzvah, a million years ago, was on Sukkot.

Also, Annie, can you please PM me your address? I've got this THING floating around here since you sent me the mesh and keep meaning to send it to you.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-05-09, 7:31am
Ezzy

I've noticed with the wisteria that if we have a colder spring the leaves come out a bit later and if warmer, sooner. And, believe it or not, I'm so happy this morning because my leaves are coming in (or the decorations begin)! The little buds have been there for a while but as of Wednesday they hadn't started to unfold. And yep, with the exception of two walls, our structure is permanent. We get a lot really high winds that blow fences over so when we built it we omitted the walls that would have bore the wind; we have some lattice we set up for the festival. That entire area is one of my joys. Actually, here's a picture I took about 3 weeks ago, it doesn't look like much yet, except for my lawn you can see that nothing is grown in yet. When we hang the lattices, and tapestry, and bring out the rugs it just transforms.

Oh and here's another wisteria thought... I lost a what, 24 year old wisteria in the last planter two years ago. They are really prone to spider mite infestations. If you plant one and see cobwebby webs that aren't quite cobwebby enough it's probably not spiders. I had to hire an arborist to save the one you see.

Anyway I've probably bored everyone who didn't know what I was talking about so now I'll go and post my trades.

Last edited by PixieFireBeads; 2008-05-09 at 7:40am.
Old 2008-05-09, 7:38am

Oh no, Annie - you have a bunch of garden junkies here! Keep posting pics! i want to see the seasonal transition!

Old 2008-05-09, 7:39am
Ezzy

Okay, so here are my trades. This is what I took:

NS Carmel
NS Green Amber Purple
NS Scarlett
NS Rust
NS Dark Multi
GA Brilliant Blue
GA Clover Chameleon
MOM Mystic Rose
MOM Almond Nugget
Pomegranite
Cirque
Silver Beach
Blue Caramel (2)
FRIT Vincent Van
FRIT Amber Purple
FRIT NS Yellow
FRIT Open Mind
FRIT Blue Carmel
COPPER Fine Mesh
SILK Ribbon, teal
GUNMOUNTS, (6)
DICHRO Shards (5)

This is what I put in the box:

MOM Black Rose
MOM Blue Reflection
MOM Crystal Blue (2)
MOM Gypsy Queen
MOM Silver Iris
MOM Silver Aqua
GA Amazon Night
NS Cinnamon
NS Star White
PC Alaskan Thunder
PC Silver Creek
PC Silver Pearl (2)
FRIT NS Cherry
FRIT Barbie’s Prozac
FRIT Emma’s Emerald
FRIT Blue Moon
POWDER Forest Green
COPPER Medium Mesh
SILK Ribbon, black & purple (1 ea.)
JENNY G’s Spiffy Bead Cleaner
FRIT TRAYS, metal (3)
MANDRELS, 1/8” (12)
MANDRELS, 5/32” (12)
HOLLOW TUBES, ¼” heavy wall (3)

I make the hollow tubes myself with stainless that I have fabricated, they are great for vessels and big hole beads. I took 13 colors our but only put 12 back in because with the exception of clear those 12 represent every color I own. Oh wow, I just remembered, I have a butt-load of clear stringer I want to put in so I'm glad I didn't seal it. Also I have absolutely nothing cool like dichro and the gunmounts so I hope the trays and mandrels are an equitable exchange.

Now let me go grab that clear and finish wrapping this box so I can get it out and on its way to ...
Old 2008-05-09, 7:42am
Ezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyPhelps View Post
Oh no, Annie - you have a bunch of garden junkies here! Keep posting pics! i want to see the seasonal transition!

Oh, wow, you haven't seen my secret garden yet. I actually get to set my vegetables out today because the snow is off of Peavine! My grape leaves are just beginning to come in there but that's my second favorite place.
Old 2008-05-09, 7:45am
Ezzy

Default And the winner is......

Drumroll please.....

ta-da-ta-da-shebang.....

Toni!

I'll have the package in the post no later than tomorrow, most likely today though because my local PO is closed on Saturday and I'll post the confirmation numbers as soon as I have them. (Nice, I've just given myself some inspiration to save gas!)
Old 2008-05-09, 7:47am
Ezzy

Oh and to whomever put the Remschneider video into the west coast box, thank you! I got the opportunity to view it last night, it's great.

The "for the next person giftie" is really pretty, I love implosion pendant, thank you. I replaced it with another "for the next person giftie" and added a hostess gift to the mix.

Last edited by PixieFireBeads; 2008-05-09 at 7:52am.
Old 2008-05-09, 9:19am

I didn't write this I'm just passing it along.
Helen made me do it.

Bush in the Bar
President Bush decides to take a break and go out to sit in a local bar. A guy walks in and asks the barman, 'Isn't that President Bush sitting at the end of the bar?'

The bartender says, 'Yep, that's him.' So the guy walks over and says, 'Wow, this is a real honor! What are you doing in here?'

Bush says, ' I'm planning WW III.'

Then the guy says, 'Really? What's going to happen?'

Bush says, 'Well, I'm going to kill 140 million Muslims and one blonde with big tits.

The guy exclaimed, 'A blonde with big tits? Why kill a blonde with big tits?'

Bush turns to the bartender and says,

'See, I told you, no one gives a shit about the 140 million Muslims.'

Old 2008-05-09, 12:50pm
Ezzy

The west coast box has been dropped off at the post office. Delivery confirmation number is 0307 1790 0005 1776 5501. Let me know if you need the insurance receipt number.
Old 2008-05-09, 1:58pm

Just called GA to ask about new Glatique colors. Was told some will "be announced soon" now I'm curious as to what "soon" is. 20 minutes? an hour? 6 months? I should have asked.

Rob.

Old 2008-05-09, 2:30pm
Serenity Now!

Wow Annie - I wanna see more pics too! A secret graden? Sounds positively heavenly...Thanks for posting your fantabulous trades, and for the lightning-quick turn-around.

New colours? And you actually called, but didn't ask when/what, etc...How can you tease us like this? Anyone have the low-down?!?

Have a good time with the goodies, Toni ~ and wishing you all a great weekend!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-05-09, 2:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
New colours? And you actually called, but didn't ask when/what, etc...How can you tease us like this? Anyone have the low-down?!?
They have not been announced yet, so was not told what or when, just "soon". will be announced by e-mails to the color revolution group. I am on that group. but still want to know what soon means now.

Old 2008-05-09, 4:52pm

LOL! Christy!!!! I didn't do it (but I did get a chuckle)!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-05-09, 7:51pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
They have not been announced yet, so was not told what or when, just "soon". will be announced by e-mails to the color revolution group. I am on that group. but still want to know what soon means now.
How do you know if you're in the color revolution group? I'm on their general mailing list. Does that count??

Old 2008-05-09, 8:21pm

there is a link to sign up for the color revolutions on the web site.

Old 2008-05-10, 7:42am
Master Procrastinator

Thanks Rob. I found it after I posted. Apparently I'm already signed up.

Old 2008-05-10, 8:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
Thanks Rob. I found it after I posted. Apparently I'm already signed up.
while I had them on the phone I had them double check for me. I call and bug them too often as it is. but damn I want more new glass and since glastique left e-bay I've been so paranoid I'd miss them.

Rob.

Old 2008-05-10, 10:03am

Quote:
while I had them on the phone I had them double check for me. I call and bug them too often as it is. but damn I want more new glass and since glastique left e-bay I've been so paranoid I'd miss them.

Rob.
All I can say is that it will be soon, and it will be good!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-05-10, 1:42pm

glasstique will be back soon. There was someone that started using the glasstique name so they had to close it down and start something new. Purple cream soda (I think that is the name) will be out soon. They are going to make it a regular color

Old 2008-05-10, 1:45pm

Quote:
Just called GA to ask about new Glatique colors. Was told some will "be announced soon" now I'm curious as to what "soon" is. 20 minutes? an hour? 6 months? I should have asked.

Rob.
Susan told me it would be around a month or so.

Old 2008-05-12, 9:54pm
San Diego Toni

What a great surprise today!!

I had no idea the box was even heading my direction - we've been up in LA for a show since fri morning and DH wouldn't give up a second over the weekend for me to check LE at all. I've already gone through the box, and will get it to the PO on Wednesday. SWEET! Thanks Annie for the vessel - the colors are fantastic!

I took out...

2 - 12 mil clear
5 - 2 mil clear
1 - hollow tube/mandrel
1 - dental tool
3 - gunmounts

+- 1/2 teaspoon sample of frits -
triple passion
emmas emerald
barbie's prozac
sedona sunrise
green exotic
butterscotch

1 each 10" rod of -
GA Acid Yellow
GA Glasstique Seafoam Green
NS Jade
Parramore Butter
Momka Silver Tears
Precision Alaskan Thunder
NS Irrid
Precision Silver Creek

I put in...

Boro bars -
2 white
3 pink
2 purple

NS Sample rods
Millenium Moss
Forest Green
Skyline
Sublime
Green Exotic

2 each 10" (approx) rods of -
GA Clover Chameleon
GA Green Carnival
GA Triple Passion
GA Indigo Lustre
NS Extra Light Yellow
Momka Exotic Citrus Grapefruit
Momka Stormy Weather

1 each 10" (approx) rods of -
GA Glasstique Ivory Blush
GA Glasstique Peach Blush
GA Glasstique Passion Extreme
GA Glasstique Orange Dreamsicle
NS Aurora
NS Purple Urple
GA Red Crayon
GA Solara
GA Raven
Momka Silver Dance

+- 1/2 oz each frits -
NS Amber Purple
Clear
Momka Carribean Coral
Momka Exotic Citrus Grapefruit

15 extra mini bags for others to use for frit samples
Gift for next person
Gift for our lovely hostess!!

Thanks you guys - this was great timing for me. DH leaves a week from today on a 6 month deployment so I've been kinda bummed lately. A bit of a rollercoaster. Anyhow - I'll post up the mailing details on wed, and the name of our next lucky player as soon as I get it from Val.

xoxoxox

t

Old 2008-05-13, 3:16am
Serenity Now!

Wow Toni...awesome! But, but, you're supposed to take out as much as you put in!! Silly goose! Your trades are extraordinarily generous, but truly I think you should take out some more for yourself...

Wishing your husband a safe trip, and that he returns safely home to you very quickly...

Old 2008-05-13, 11:26pm
San Diego Toni

Heidi Heidi Jamn Jamn -
coming your way!!!!
I'll post tracking info once I get it!!
Have fun!!

t

Old 2008-05-14, 9:51am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

So... where's the East coast box? I've not seen any posting since the 8th. (can you tell I'm anxious?)
Old 2008-05-14, 12:05pm
Serenity Now!

Hmmm...good question, Barbara! I just sent Carol (Crystalflipz) a PM...hopefully she'll pop in here soon...

Old 2008-05-14, 1:26pm

Hannah did not post a tracking #. If we could see the tracking #, we can find out if Crystalflipz got it.

All senders are insuring and tracking these packages I hope. I JUST got a package that was shipped out a month ago from an Ebay win... the seller didn't track it, and I was sure it was never sent. Was about to make a paypal and Ebay claim... when it arrived... 3 1/2 weeks later.

It was post-marked the DAY after the auction closed, she DID ship it. It was a darn good thing I waited the extra 2 weeks for her sake. If the PO had actually lost it, with no proof of sending, I would have gotten my $$ back and the seller would have lost Ebay reputation, created a big mess in her paypal account, and lost the money and the item to boot.

When packages are not tracked, there's only one person to point the finger at, the shipper not the recipient, so it's always a good idea to post tracking #'s. Just a thought.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Last edited by Hels; 2008-05-14 at 1:55pm.