Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-19, 4:14pm

Default Beads For Kids

You can imagine, I have lots of beads. The beads range from 'The Best" to the "Worst" and everything inbetween.

I had this jar of beads, some made in China, some test beads and few from here and there and at one time there were over 600 beads in the jar.

When I am around children, I tell them that they can have any bead, but one only and this brings smiles most of the time.

A few times a year we will have a group of children visit us, and yes I do put some of them on the torch and they are very young. These children usually are with SOCK (?) We did a demo at the airport and there were lots of children and finally my bead jar was empty!

Today I was cleaning out my vault and going through boxes and boxes and I saw beads, beads and more beads. I have so many beads that even great ones might not find their way into the museum.

But alot of the beads that are not in the museum are test beads or beads of great artists who return to Frantz and see the "OLD" beads they made years ago and exchange that with something new. Sometimes I get gifted beads, but how many beads does one person need?

I am again filling up my jar with beads from people ranging from Lewis Wilson (black and white from around the time he just started making beads) to ? This jar is looking nice and once again I will become the "piper of beads".

Can you see me just standing on the corner and instead of my sign saying "Anything Will Help" or "Will Work For Food" it just might read "free beads", of course somebody is bound to ask me was "beads" in jail and why do we want to free him/her?

I can see it in the morning newspaper "Is Shelton Man giving away glass beads or is he just trying to lose his marbles?"

Back to work!

mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-10-19, 4:23pm
"Sinners have soul too"

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike... I can just see you standing on the corner with your jar full of beads.

Old 2008-10-20, 6:22am

Sooooo.....does Mikey need more "Beads for Kids"???? Or is he good for a while???
Do we need to do a "For every handful for Beads of Courage, Send Mikey a few Beads" Basket on our desks/workstations/whatever?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(and totally laughing @ the picture of you as the "pied piper of beads"!!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-10-20, 6:34am
sunscreen me baby

I can just see him skipping down the road with his jar of beads, dropping one or two at a time for the kids to scramble and pick up, lol.

~

Old 2008-10-20, 7:52am
koregon

well Mike...I know where you got some of the beads...didn't your agent tell you?? the one at GS?? LOL...your good stuff Mike Frantz...I think we will keep you for a loooooooooooong time...love you for a looooooooooong time...your so HoooooooooooT!

Old 2008-10-20, 2:57pm
Wild at Heart!

OMG! Kaye!! I can SOooo hear you saying that!!

Me love Mikey Loooooooooooooooooooooooong time and you to

Hmmmm... I don't think I've ever given Mike a "good" bead. I might have to remedy that!

??