Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2021-10-23, 6:50am

Default Shortage of available 104 glass

Is anyone else experiencing the shortage of available glass in browns? I can't find dark brown glass at most suppliers. I've had trouble finding a good opaque dark brown that didn't have red tones for quite some time, but now most browns are out of stock.
Old 2021-10-23, 10:28am
Slogan Challenged...

there are some CIM browns, still available most places. What color in specific are you looking for?
I'm glad I stocked up on some of my favorites, everything seems to be running a bit short lately.
I hope Effetre & others still continue to invest in their lines. This weird squiggly new glass is eh

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2021-10-24, 10:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Is anyone else experiencing the shortage of available glass in browns? I can't find dark brown glass at most suppliers. I've had trouble finding a good opaque dark brown that didn't have red tones for quite some time, but now most browns are out of stock.
I think in general that has been hard to find in 104. Most of the Effetre browns seem to trend reddish, except for some limited releases like Coco Bean and a few others that are long gone. As KJohn said, there are some CIM browns available that don't have the red tint, but all of them are LTD's so once sold out are gone. And some of them skew gray. CIM has great info on their current and past colors on their website.
Old 2021-11-02, 4:42pm

Try Howaco Glass. She seems to have CIM browns available.