Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-11-24, 11:33am

Default testing yellow boro

I wanted to test out the different yellow colours that I had in the studio to see how they worked on the surface and deeply encased in an implosion. To see the results go to my Facebook page and look under albums for color test. Hope this helps you out in choosing your next yellow. Please feel free to 'like' the page
www.facebook.com/worksinglass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-24, 12:20pm

Thanks fior doing all the leg-work on something I was just about to take on myself. Looks like there is no yellow yet that is "bubble-proof" like asian white was for that color.(or is there an asian yellow I don't know about?). Thanks for all your work and generous result posting!
Old 2011-11-24, 1:11pm

What I can see if you want nice solid yellows, whites, reds, switch coes to 104.lol But in general if these colours are worked in a soft fluffy flame as opposed to a hot driving flame they do bubble less. Have you worked with many of these colours George?

Old 2011-11-24, 4:58pm

I came from 104 'cause I'm an extreme masochist Deb! Yes, except for colonel mustard (never heard of it), I've tried the ones you mentioned as well as NS63-canary,Tag19-mango, and MB025-luminous yellow(a transparent). However, I've only played minimally, most often looking for the perfect flower stamen. Since they almost always bubbled I never went any further to try them as petal components ( I tend to avoid predictable failures). You advised me once before about working further out and a softer flame at first and that REALLY helped a lot, but I'm still looking for that "no hassle,perfect" yellow.
Old 2011-11-24, 6:57pm

Like I said if you want no hassle go back to 104. lol

Old 2011-11-24, 8:23pm

Prefer bubble-hassling to crack-hassling any day of the week.
Old 2011-11-28, 11:02am
Glassy Broad :-)

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-11-28, 11:47am
Pyromaniac

Work in a softer flame, and melt in before applying a lot of heat and watch closely. With implosions in particular, marver to speed up the melting in. But at least it doesn't crack if you sneeze and forget to add a smidge of heat at the wrong moment =)

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-11-28, 12:19pm

I hear you Chris. I have a hard time remembering to turn down the oxy to have a softer flame. When I first started melting boro I just turned everything on high and kept it there. I was kinda a chicken to mess with the knobs. But it isn't the case now and I have more confidence when the torch is running and adjust when I remember. In blown work I have found I get better shapes if the flame is softer too.

Old 2011-11-28, 1:49pm

Momka lemon yellow works pretty well, but it isn't dense enough to pull out really thin. It is probably the least bubbly yellow I use, but you still have to baby it until it gets hot.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2011-11-28, 2:04pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
I was kinda a chicken to mess with the knobs.
I've never been chicken like that! Must be a guy thing

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-11-28, 9:49pm

Ha ha.