Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-09-18, 12:42pm
Facebook addict

Default Website Question????

I have had my site now for a couple years. I have used Homestead as my host and been very happy with their service and ease of using their services. They are going to increase the monthly price from 19.99 to 24.99. Not that big of a deal if you are selling regularly from your site. I don't get a lot of sells through my site and am contemplating removing that portion of it.
I would still have my site, just no way of selling directly from it.
I know there are other hosts that are less expensive but I really like my site and Homestead's hosting.
Would you keep it and pay the higher fee, move it someplace else, or just do away with the selling page?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2008-09-19, 6:19am
Smooches!

I'd keep it and pay the extra $5.00 per mo.

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-09-19, 8:14am
Sorry for party rockin'

WHAT?!? I use Homestead too and didn't get any notification of a price increase, did they send you an email??

Even if they are, I'd keep it and pay the extra. I LOVE using Homestead and am so familiar with their software that I wouldn't change. Updating my website is so easy and I really don't want to go through the stress of moving everything and learning something new.

Edit - - - OK, nevermind, I went through my junk folder and found an email from Homestead about pricing changes.
Well, I'm staying and won't change, I like them too much

Last edited by GinnyHampton; 2008-09-19 at 8:21am.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:50pm
Pyro Tyro

I'm thinking of creating a website to begin selling my things. I just looked at Homestead.com - under the Try it Free button - it says it's $4.99/month after free trial. Do you have a bunch of add-ons that make it $19.99-24.99/month?

Do you use the PayPal shopping cart from Homestead.com? Is there a good alternative to PayPal? Is everything compatible w/ Apple computers??

Thanks. Jill

Old 2008-09-20, 1:13pm
Facebook addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitreousTyro View Post
I'm thinking of creating a website to begin selling my things. I just looked at Homestead.com - under the Try it Free button - it says it's $4.99/month after free trial. Do you have a bunch of add-ons that make it $19.99-24.99/month?

Do you use the PayPal shopping cart from Homestead.com? Is there a good alternative to PayPal? Is everything compatible w/ Apple computers??

Thanks. Jill
I have the gold package now which includes 5 email addresses, more storage space, 24/7 support and some other things. I only use 1 email box and only have 5 pages. As far as support, I have never had to call and use that option. Most everything you want to know is on their site.
I do use the paypal shopping cart from Homestead.
I know nothing about Apple computers though, sorry.

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2008-09-21, 5:35am
Certified Glassaholic!

I pay around $24 for 6 months of hosting. I'm always surprised when I hear what other people are paying.

Old 2008-09-21, 6:37am
No Problem!

Hosting is one thing, that's just rent for server space.. If you build your own site and don't have a shopping cart set up that's where you're finding the savings.
One website sale often covers a month of fees...

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-21, 12:58pm

Jill,
Mal's eCommerce is a free shopping cart. I have a tutorial for setting it up at my second site.

Steve

Old 2008-09-21, 8:47pm
Pyro Tyro

Thanks for the explanation Teri.

Thanks Steve - I've already bookmarked your shopping cart tut!

- Jill