Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-03-30, 4:15pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Lori, love the them. Val, love the creamy colors. Sonya, Those colors really pop. Andreas, those eggs and the rabbit are wonderful. Wendyki, don't you just love boro? Welcome to the dark side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#K58
Old 2007-03-30, 4:54pm
Serenity Now!

I'd say those were rather "pleasing" Kiko love them!
Sonya - thanks for the kind words - it means a lot to me as I so admire your work, up to and including these luscious ones...
Love it all, Andreas!
Wendyki - 3rd time? That's fantastic!! Great color!

Thanks very much to everyone who commented on my work ~ Here's some beads which reminded me of butterfly wings...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-03-30, 5:58pm

Thanks for all of the compliments on my beads!~

The pink and green ones are just triple passion and multi over white, I'm LOVING that combination! The others are mostly triple passion, but I think one of my unlabled rods was Amber-Purlple. Who knows, I'm not good at labeling the glass, lol. It's fun just to play and see what happens.

Welcome to boro Wendy, where even the wonkies are beautiful! Love the depth of color you got in the heart. Enjoy the addiction!!!

Old 2007-03-31, 1:38pm

I finally figured out how to post a pic now I need to figure how to get it smaller!!!
Old 2007-03-31, 7:16pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Very pretty colors.

#K58
Old 2007-04-01, 2:05pm
yukue fumei

nice job Angie!
I love the purple and green colors you got!

nagi

Old 2007-04-02, 2:07am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie4680 View Post

I finally figured out how to post a pic now I need to figure how to get it smaller!!!
Angie, I think you should re-post this in the April thread...it's awesome! More people should see it.

Old 2007-04-02, 6:16am

Thanks guys. Carrie I was just excited to post A picture. Do you know how many months it took me to figure it out? I had to download a new pic program and viola! It's taking me just about that long to make a round bead - except longer. Still haven't figured out how not to get it lopsided!! Just makes me appreciate you "beaders" that much more.
Angie
Old 2007-04-03, 5:31am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRADERBABY View Post
I love the colors for these beads can you share how you got them?
I missed this post the first time, sorry....Straderbaby, were you asking me?
If so, I don't remember all of them, but I did use unobtanium, NS Pom, silver beach, green pearl or dragon(?), an experimental Momkas green, almond nugget, GA Black Pearl, persimmon strike, warm yellow, XLT yellow, GA Dark orange crayon, cosmic orange, avocado, cherrywood,cobalt blue, butterscotch, light ruby, orange, blush pink boro bar, purple urple and gold fume....total hodge podge!!
Flame strike and kiln time are important--I am still experimenting with this alot.... I used to use the kiln strike temp(1100F) posted in some books, but found it was too hot for my kiln and beads. I lowered my kiln temp (1058F) and got a better strike. This may not work for your kiln--I'm finding that everyone's set up is so different, one recipe may work for one person and not the next. My friend and I were trying Dougie Pink, and I can't get it, but she can. She is having trouble using my recipes too.....but I guess that is half the fun....succeeding after hours/days/??? of failure!
Good Luck!!

nagi