Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-01, 4:29am
Serenity Now!

Default September 2008 Show 'em!

It's been (almost) forever since I've been at my torch, and had anything to show ~ here's some free-hand rings, approx 1 inch. Whatchya got?

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-01, 4:42am
Gimme that silver glass!

Oh Val, verrrrry pretty!!!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-01, 8:24am
yukue fumei

Val, they are to DIE for!! ! The purple/pink is so luscious!
WOWIE!!!! Love it Love it Love it!!! Great job!!!

nagi

Old 2008-09-01, 8:38am
Gimme that silver glass!

Val, wanna share which color(s) it is/are?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-09-01, 9:32am

Val those are too freaking cool! I have some beads, lol, what else? I'm off mandrel challenged.

I wish I could remember the colors in these. I keep writing down color combos on pieces of paper towel and then using it to dry beads or something.

Old 2008-09-01, 11:30am

Pretty things so far!

Here are a couple I'm pretty pleased with, enough to show them here, I guess.

And...

My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-09-01, 12:08pm
Master Procrastinator

What a great start already this month! They are all beautiful, but Val I'm intrigued by those rings. How do you link them together? Do you make 1 ring, keep it warm in the kiln or a coffee cup warmer & then make the additional rings & attach them or is there some simpler explanation? I just love that look!

Old 2008-09-01, 1:26pm
yukue fumei

Rebecca-Beautiful!! An awesome set!

teachertracey--gorgeous colors! My fave is the first one--the colors are kickin'!

nagi

Old 2008-09-01, 2:32pm
Serenity Now!

Beautiful beads Rebecca and Tracey! Thanks for everyone's nice comments - I made the rings like you suggested, Lea - one at a time, keeping them warm in my kiln, then linking them. They're made with DAP and Blue Moon over white - the top ones, that is - I think those were what you were asking about, right Anouk?

Old 2008-09-01, 3:13pm

Beautiful colors everyone. I am puzzling over the rings too. Can't quite picture how you link the second one to the first one...duh?? Here are some focals from me...

Sandy

Old 2008-09-01, 3:34pm
Serenity Now!

Oh Sandy! Beautiful -That second one is drop-dead gorgeous! I make a few links, then make one, but keep it open before closing it up, and slip on a couple more (finished ones) from the kiln. Then I close it up - stick my now threesome into the kiln, and go from there. It's a bit of a 'dance' to not have them stick, but hey - I do love dancing!

Old 2008-09-01, 4:47pm

Sandy, I am esp. drawn to that second bead. Gorgeous.

Val, you must have the patience of a saint. I'd be tempted to make a whole necklace of them. Maybe with some silver accent loops....so many possibilities.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-09-01, 4:55pm

Very pretty every one.

Scott

ESTY
Old 2008-09-01, 6:14pm
yukue fumei

Sandy--Gorgeous beads!! I am having a hard time resisting the boro lentil in your Etsy store--it is killer too!!

Scott--beautiful beautiful set!! so perfect!

nagi

Old 2008-09-01, 6:21pm

Your sets are stunning, Scott because you've an eye for color combinations. Your sets contain so much more than the same bead repeated over and over.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-09-01, 6:32pm
No Problem!

Great gobs of beauty from all of you! I'll say thanks for the nice compliments from last month to you guys here, and drop off a few more

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-01, 6:37pm

Great colours from everyone, it's all so vibrant!
Val, great rings, I've always wanted to make some chain mail like that.
I've been doing alot of fuming these days, but I'm inspired to play around with more colour after this showcase.

Old 2008-09-01, 6:41pm
No Problem!

Nice Ashmo, always a fan of the ethereal realm(s)..
Also meant to say how much I like the colors you have in that set Rebecca as well as how awesome that first blue focal of yours is Sandy.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-01, 8:56pm
Boro Brat

Awesome stuff, guys! I have a few things to show...I will have to get pics this weekend

Old 2008-09-02, 4:06am

Thanks, everybody! That second bead has the Chinese transparent lavender as a base and it gives it a nice transluscent look. I love that Chinse glass - have to get some more colors... Now I get the link idea - that is so cool! I love the fuming (haven't really tried that much) and Beau's gorgeous blown beads. Scott - I especially like to make jewelry with beads that vary like yours but all work together...

Sandy
Old 2008-09-02, 5:34am
yukue fumei

Beau--beautiful beads as always! My favorite is the metallic blue dot bead--wow!

Ashmo--gorgeous work! Love the fumiing!

nagi

Old 2008-09-02, 7:44am

Val, awesome rings, great colors and perfectly shaped!!!
Rebecca, those beads are luscious! I love the bright sparkling color!!!
Teachertracy, great beads, and I agree, loving the color on the first one!!!
Sandy, perfectly shaped, shiney and awesome color, as always!!!
Scott, I just have to make special mention of your beads... I absolutely love the muted rainbow tones you brought to the table... they are subdued, yet very colorful. Gorgeous!
Beau, I keep telling myself I will someday be able to afford one of those shimmering pink creations that I lust after whenever you show them! lol... absolutely stunning work, as always!!!
Ashmo, terrific implosions, I love the marble! Can't wait to see what else you "cook" up as you're now on a fuming kick!

Keep it up everyone!

Jo
Old 2008-09-02, 9:08am
Keep My Flame Burning

A Boro dragon from me. Very First one I have ever done. I forgot his wings but I still like him

Live everday like it is your last and regret is a word you will never use.
Old 2008-09-02, 9:29am

Val, I love those rings... another "out of the box" experience... Yup!

Old 2008-09-03, 6:31am
Pyromaniac

Some hearts:

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Last edited by ginkgoglass; 2008-09-03 at 6:39am.
Old 2008-09-03, 6:56am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
They're made with DAP and Blue Moon over white - the top ones, that is - I think those were what you were asking about, right Anouk?
Yes, thank you! Really lovely colors there!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-09-03, 1:21pm
yukue fumei

Juli-your dragon is so cute! He looks hopeful, like something is about to happen. Very cool!

Lana-amazing hearts! The colors are so vibrant!

nagi

Old 2008-09-03, 2:05pm

Holy crap, Lana! That first heart just floored me. So cool.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-09-03, 4:45pm
Serenity Now!

Wow ~ there's some awesome stuff going on in this Showcase. It seems I've become rather obsessed lately...

Old 2008-09-03, 8:16pm
yukue fumei

WOW Val!!
LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

nagi