Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-04, 4:33am
boro color bender

Talking I'll kick off November... SHOW us what you've got!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-04, 5:55am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Sometimes I hate you.

<---color envy

Old 2008-11-04, 6:09am
Borovangelist

jeez, no kidding....I wanna make the pretty colors!

|
|
Old 2008-11-04, 8:54am
Gimme that silver glass!

Hi Brent, when are you coming to Holland for a boro class? I want to get such colors out of my boro!!! Awesome!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-11-04, 8:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
Sometimes I hate you.

<---color envy
funny. I was thinking the same thing!!!

Old 2008-11-04, 10:32am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Old 2008-11-04, 11:07am
Megan's personal Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
Sometimes I hate you.

<---color envy
I think I'm going to have to join this fan club too!
But seriously, I am in lust!!!!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2008-11-04, 11:09am
Megan's personal Sherpa

P.S. Brent, when are you coming to Wasington/Oregon? ME NEED INSTRUCTION!!!! Is all boro designed to be that baby poop brown or do I just have a real talent for bringing it out?

Deb
Old 2008-11-04, 12:20pm
Bliss Junkie

actually, do you do classes at your place? i have friends living in fort meyers, and that's only 3 or so hours away.... i'm thinking of a trip that way, since i never saw a reschedule for KC

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-11-04, 12:23pm
Pyromaniac

Brent is a fantastic patient funny generous teacher and a lot of fun. You will learn so much about boro color and different techniques in a calm atmosphere -- if you ever have a chance to take a class from him, do not hesitate!!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-04, 12:32pm

"Showoff!"
Old 2008-11-04, 1:03pm

Gonna have to change the thread title to "What Brent made for November" lol
Old 2008-11-04, 1:12pm
boro color bender

You guys crack me up... I'll be back later to answer the questions... busy day here. The 5th will be much calmer and I'll burn much less gas.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-04, 1:50pm
Does it come in Purple???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2 View Post
He teaches how in his classes. CC2
He may teach it in his class but none of it rubbed off on me and I took it twice

Do you offer remedial classes for dummies

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-11-04, 1:51pm

Oh BTW - gorgeous

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-11-04, 2:25pm

WOW...what a big plate of wonderfulness Totally delish!
Samma <-- who will add her meager attempts later 'cause I got my CHEETAH today!!!

Old 2008-11-04, 2:26pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugNerd View Post
Gonna have to change the thread title to "What Brent made for November" lol
Yes, I agree! I tried doing a couple of hearts a'la Mr. Smiley (with many thanks to Brent for his wonderful tut!) but none of them look quite like his! Of course I wasn't trying to make them EXACTLY like his because that is HIS signature design but it would have been nice if they had come anywhere near CLOSE to what he can do! LOL!!!! Oh well, must practice more.......must practice more.......must practice more.........

But here is my own contribution to the thread, it actually wasn't made in November but I did donate it to a silent auction on November 2 to raise funds for my equestrian club. So I'll take one for the team and be the person who has to follow Brent's wonderful act! Now all the rest of y'all can post too!

Deb
Old 2008-11-04, 2:29pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Oops, sorry, this piece is soft glass.......I'll be working on more boro ponies again soon! Still trying to learn about all those great colors and how to get them to play nice with me!

Deb
Old 2008-11-04, 3:17pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'm going to get a little more mileage out of my Pandora beads.
(I posted them elsewhere, but can you tell I'm pretty happy with them?).
All boro.

Name:  pandora 3.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  pandora 5.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  Pandora beads 1.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  16.1 KB

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-04, 3:42pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Those are WAAAAY cool! I especially like the trio in the last pic!

Deb
Old 2008-11-04, 5:17pm

Kool pics Karen - that's a lot of core'n

~~

Old 2008-11-04, 5:31pm
Powers Art Studio

Mr. Smiley, your hearts are amazing!!! First one is my favorite but so hard to pick just one
Deb, I like the organic look to it!
Karen, so many nice ones! My favorite is from the first picture all the way on the left!

Here are a few from me after receiving a new glass order, no more using 4mm rods for pendants and marbles!!!

Old 2008-11-05, 7:27am
yukue fumei

Mr Smiley--WOW, gorgeous as always!!!

Deb--Love your horses--they rock!!

Karen--wow--that is ALOT of Pandora/Troll!! Yum Yum and WOOHOOO! Beautiful!!!

Andrea--LOVE LOVE the pendant!! the swirl is fantastic!!! Love the bead too!!

nagi

Old 2008-11-05, 8:58am
Powers Art Studio

Darn I should post more, it is Jason this time Thanks, I claimed that pendant as mine lol
Jason

ETA those are two marbles I posted

Last edited by Jasio; 2008-11-05 at 9:59am. Reason: addition
Old 2008-11-05, 9:33am
Normal is Boring!!

Mr Smiley-
I do believe you are not from this plant- you use your own special boro (no one else can buy) and you have special wizard powers to stun, dazzle and amaze your crowd.
Who are you? where do you come from and dang it please write a book on your secret powers from above! The prettiest smiley hearts yet!! Way to rock our world.

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2008-11-05, 1:03pm
Renee Weaver

Wow Those Smiley hearts are fantastic! I'd sure like to take a class too!

These beads have a base of violet hue.

Old 2008-11-05, 1:13pm

Great start so far! I love those little marbles!
I keep meaning to make some swirly styles.
I've got some heart envy!! My hearts these days just not turning out
I've got some marbles to share.

I am really going to have to play around with some more colours.
I just am so stuck on fuming!
Can't wait to see what November will bring in here!

Ash
Old 2008-11-05, 5:14pm
Hummel factory reject

Nice work everyone! Karen I don't believe I have ever seen any of your boro. Beautiful stash of cored beads! Here is a blown hollow from me. The little nubbins on top are the NS galactic dragon's fire experimental.
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-05, 5:33pm

Lori, that bead is spectacular. It would be awesome as a paperweight or vase too.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-11-06, 2:24am
glass-a-delic

Very cool Lory! And beautiful stuff everyone!
AS for mr Smyley, well, first im gonna go for Kobuky's level at implosions cause i love them so much , and then im coming after you and your magical mysical colors , cause your hearts are beyond words. Seriously, you guys rock man, you're an inspiration to us all!
Hope this didnt sound weird... .. tho i speak the truth