Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-01-01, 6:04am
boro color bender

Talking HAPPY NEW YEAR January BORO SHOW AND YELL! Woooohoooo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-01, 7:31am
crabby...who me?

Outstanding as always Brent! Happy New Year.
Old 2009-01-01, 7:51am
boro color bender

Thanks Jeff... happy new year to your and yours...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-01, 7:51am

a few of these may have been posted before but the rest are new.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-01-01, 8:10am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

what a lovely way to start off the new year you guys, fantastic work!!!

Happy new year!

Old 2009-01-01, 8:20am

Brent,

You know that I like all of your work. But your Gorgeous (Vortex) bead is one of my favorites.

Hope that you had fun on your camping trip.

Take care,

Candace

Minor
Old 2009-01-01, 8:35am
Mandrel Slayer

Talking

Brent - Those are incredible as usual.

Eric - Those are just beautiful - I love that style

Happy New Year

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-01-01, 8:50am
Beadmaking.nl

Incredible those beads!

Old 2009-01-01, 9:23am

Default Brent. youse is the KING, Guy...

Oh man, I love those pendants. I just don't know when you are going to ever hit your wall... you just keep 'em comin, Baby!!!!

I love Margaritas!!! These go well with my desires....

and Mr. Mort!! wow. Those are awesome..
Attached Images

Last edited by LAG; 2009-01-01 at 9:24am. Reason: forgot Mort
Old 2009-01-01, 9:57am

Wow you guys! What an awesome start to the new year!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-01, 10:28am
Madmanmarbles

All this work is Awesome.. Love your pendants Eric.
If I can just make it home from Michigan, I will be back to making stuff..I miss my torch... Been stuck up here for a week now.
Joe

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2009-01-01, 10:31am
Happy Beadmaker!

Gorgeous colors, Smiley!

~
~
~
Old 2009-01-01, 10:35am
product of the universe

Brent - Amazing Color
Eric- Awesome those all look great
LAG Very cool swizzle stix the hearts are a great idea

Happy new year.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-01-01, 11:30am

Brent - What a wonderful site to start off the New Year. Beautimous colors...just WOW.

Eric - Those pendants are way cool. I especially love the window pendants. Did you lap them?

Kay - Love the swizzle sticks. Those would be the bestest hostess gifts. Totally cool.

Well, I went and bought me an infinite rim marble mold and have been totally bitten by the marble bug. Here's a few that I've made on my first days at marbeling.
Surprise marble - black and white back:

SURPRISE...(front of marble):

Waterlily:

Here's to a wonderfully boro new year!

Old 2009-01-01, 2:04pm

Awesomely gorgeous start to the new year everyone! Brent, king of the pinks, as always! Love everything, keep it coming!

Jo
Old 2009-01-02, 9:01am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Lovely beads everyone.
Samma ~ very cool marbles!!
Brent ~ those are some of the most amazing beads!!! You keep outdoing yourself. DROPDEAD GORGEOUS!!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2009-01-02, 1:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandsha View Post
Brent - What a wonderful site to start off the New Year. Beautimous colors...just WOW.

Eric - Those pendants are way cool. I especially love the window pendants. Did you lap them?

Kay - Love the swizzle sticks. Those would be the bestest hostess gifts. Totally cool.

Well, I went and bought me an infinite rim marble mold and have been totally bitten by the marble bug. Here's a few that I've made on my first days at marbeling.
Surprise marble - black and white back:

SURPRISE...(front of marble):

Waterlily:

Here's to a wonderfully boro new year!
Those are nice! What is the sparkly on the black/white one.

Oh, and yes my pendants were all hand ground on lapidary wheels. Unfortunately, I don't have a flat lap yet.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-01-02, 2:57pm

Robin - thanks so much, neighbor ;-D
Eric - Thank you...the sparklie on that one is super unobtainium (sp?). I was trying to capture fireworks in a marble and used it as well and got this:

Tried mixing it today with Elvis Red and Sub Orange...I'll let you know how that came out.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:01pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!
you just make those colours dance, Brent! Good stuff everyone, here's some experimental stuff I've been playing around with. I was trained as a vessel maker so this is a lot of fun for me. This time of the year also lends itself to playing around a little timewise. So here it goes, I'll keep developing a couple of these techs, but these are all first tries ... ammonite implosion pendant and a lazy spiral, last one is a bird of paradise implosion marble.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2009-01-02 at 8:10pm. Reason: forgot to put one pic in
Old 2009-01-02, 10:10pm

this is just so cool.. yup yup yup

Old 2009-01-02, 10:26pm
Flamewoman

Default This was a Vortex day.

After looking at Brent's BEAUTIFUL pendants I spent the day practicing my
Vortex technique. Way fun.

now if I could just take decent photo's of my
work I'd be happy.
Eric, your pendants are just amazing. What is that pink you
used on the one that's lower left, not violet hue is it?

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2009-01-02 at 10:28pm.
Old 2009-01-02, 11:12pm

Wicked...those are just amazing!

Kay - Awww...thanks so much.

Mary - Great job with the vortex! I especially love that last pic...WOW!

Old 2009-01-03, 6:20am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

As usual, I feel puny posting in here with my meager beadies. LOL

You guys ROCK!

I bought Stoney Marie's new tut on Etsy and played with some boro...

Old 2009-01-03, 7:20am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Eric, your pendants are just amazing. What is that pink you
used on the one that's lower left, not violet hue is it?
That is actually just triple passion. After making the piece I unstruck the triple passion, burned off most of the haze, and put it into the kiln that way.

Old 2009-01-03, 7:54am
Enabler

Oh wow....what gorgeous work everyone!

Brent......slurp-worthy as always.
Eric I love those pendants!

And why haven't I ever thought to try swizzle sticks in boro?? I did some in soft glass a couple years ago, but never thought to give it a try when the boro bug bit.

I've been playing with flower pendants again, and pandora beads, too!

Old 2009-01-03, 7:55am
Enabler

Oh....and I liked this pandora pair so well, I made a set of regular sized beads to go with.

Old 2009-01-03, 7:56am
Enabler

Deb, I've got Stoney Marie's tutorial on my wish list. Glad to hear you're having success with it!

Old 2009-01-03, 8:17am
boro color bender

Beautiful Angie!

Old 2009-01-03, 9:09am

Angie, those are gorgeous!!

Old 2009-01-03, 12:43pm

Debbie - Don't ever feel puny! I love your beadies. I especially love that second set.
Angie - Wonderful work. The flowers are delish and the beadies are way cool...little rainbows captured in glass.