Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-02-01, 11:43am

Default Boro Work for February, 2007

I will start out the new thread for the month with a Dichroic Marble. The Dichroic glass is from Trevs Glass and works really well! They will send you a free sample if you email them. Here is their website http://www.trevsglass.com/
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by e. mort; 2007-02-01 at 11:47am.
Old 2007-02-01, 12:24pm
Type ZZZ personality

Oooh, pretty! I wish I could see it in person to see how the colors shift. I love sparkly things!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-02-01, 1:23pm

Nice work Eric. That Dichro is pretty dense. Did you double it up, coated side to coated side before you started?
Old 2007-02-01, 1:26pm
stacijane on Etsy

Very nice!

Old 2007-02-01, 1:42pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

em !
Old 2007-02-01, 2:04pm
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

KICKASS! I have my coworkers hooked on browsing the galleries and oohing and aahing over you folks' stuff. Keep it up!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-02-01, 5:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonker View Post
Nice work Eric. That Dichro is pretty dense. Did you double it up, coated side to coated side before you started?
I didn't have to - this stuff is really dense all by itself. I took a piece about 3/4" square, coated the dichroic side with 6mm simax, and then twisted it into a spiral. I then built my marble around it. The marble itself 1 5/8 inches in diameter, and I think I could have made a bigger marble or even had enough for two marbles if i had twisted it up more. The dichro breaks up into really large mirror like chunks that I find pretty cool.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-02-01, 11:51pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

beautifull as always eric!

Old 2007-02-02, 12:15am

Eric, the marble is beautiful.

I play around with the GA Crayons:

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-02, 3:20am
Nah, not really...;)

Now I've got to get some dichro...the one thing I don't have in Boro! Nice work Eric!
Andreas, dang, you are rocking it, so precise.

I can't remember if I showed these or not in here? Anyways, these are my favorite FocalRings so far.
HeatWaves

2Pure, simple shapes but pure, thru and thru, PINK!

Old 2007-02-02, 4:48am

[quote=HardwoodTrailGlass;981833]
Andreas, dang, you are rocking it, so precise.

Thanks Carrie for the compliment, but don´t forget that i´m living in Germany. There is all precise

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-02, 6:58am
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
I will start out the new thread for the month with a Dichroic Marble. The Dichroic glass is from Trevs Glass and works really well! They will send you a free sample if you email them. Here is their website http://www.trevsglass.com/
Is there a link to hit to get the sample or do you just sent them an e-mail asking for a free sample?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-02-02, 7:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Is there a link to hit to get the sample or do you just sent them an e-mail asking for a free sample?
email

Old 2007-02-02, 7:50am

Beautiful stuff everybody.

Andreas - Did you encase your crayons first? I never get those kind of results with the crayons. Alles ist in Ordnung!

Carrie - I love that pink!

I did a bunch more marbles yesterday so I will post some more pics if they turned out.

Old 2007-02-02, 10:08am

Here are two more marbles that I did yesterday. The pink one is pure dichroic twisted with NS transparent pink, and is only 1" in diameter. The other one is a dichroic spiral backed with a rainbow vortex, and is 1.5" in diameter.
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-02, 10:10am

Hello Eric,
i made the coloured layers on a clear rod without encasing. I encase the finished coloured rod before twisting it.
By the way, i love to work with unencased crayons.

Greetings
Andreas

Last edited by Burning Eagle; 2007-02-02 at 10:13am.
Old 2007-02-02, 10:12am

Eric, they are wonderful!!
Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-02, 2:30pm

Eric, beautiful marbles! I have yet to play with dichro, i'm sure i'll burn it out.
Andreas, beautiful colours!
Here is a sculpted flower i did, it became much bigger than i meant to make it.
I started making round beads again, I've just had so many requests for them. This set is not too spectacular but I just loved all the colours i got out of this blue passion, grey, green, metallic blue etc.

Ashlea
Old 2007-02-02, 3:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmo View Post
I have yet to play with dichro, i'm sure i'll burn it out.

Ashlea
This new Dichro doesn't seem to burn up very easily at all. Once it is encased it seems pretty bullet proof. In fact, encasing it is pretty easy to do with out any foaming or burning of the Dichro. I plan to order some of this stuff soon!

The second two marbles were not done with the Dichroic from Trev's glass, but with CBS from ABR that a friend gave me. It works well also, but doesn't give that cool splintery effect, and it is definitely more flame sensative. Though it is not nearly as flame sensative as some I have worked with.

Send them an email and they will send you a sample to try out. Great stuff!

Eric

Old 2007-02-03, 2:12pm
No Problem!

Great stuff so far you guys.
Eric, gotta love dichro results like that!
Andreas, Your crayons are really smooth and beautifully bright.
Carrie, Those shapes are really cool, I love open forms like that.
Ashlea, Great flower, and those blues in the beads are nice.

Here's a few recent goodies..Been making alot of beads, these are just a few..
Some Smiley-esque hollow blown hearts with blown holes..

This is how they hang..

And a few new blown beads..

My muse is currently captive, fed well, and not going anywhere if I can help it..
Beau

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2007-02-03, 9:37pm

Here are two pics of another marble I made yesterday. The first was taken with flash, and the second was with existing light. I used another sample of the Boro Dichroic from Trevs Glass for this one as well. The sample was called Harbor Forest and I like it a lot. The marble is 1 7/8 inches in diameter, but it seems to have shrunk in the kiln as it seemed a lot bigger when I was making it.
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-04, 4:39am
Nah, not really...;)

Wow! You guys are rockin' the Boro! Nice job!

Old 2007-02-04, 5:52am
Serenity Now!

Awesome job, guys!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-02-04, 6:09am

Thank you Ashlea.
Thank you Beau, and i love your blowing work.

Today from me, one heart inspired by Japan

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-04, 8:30am

Oh Oh.. I am feeling the nudge..... this is awesome work..

Old 2007-02-04, 10:18am
ManBearPig

Here are a few from the last few days. I'm getting ready for the Virginia Hot Glass Festival so I'm trying to build up my inventory. Sorry for the bad pictures. I still haven't moved my light box to our new store...

Old 2007-02-04, 2:11pm
Serenity Now!

Just awesome work everybody! I'm finally getting around to taking some pics...

Have a great week!

Old 2007-02-04, 6:15pm
HourGlass Studio

Val the pink set is stunning !!!

Old 2007-02-05, 9:53am
The Venerable Bead

oooh val you go girlfriend!!! In the pink...the girl's in the pink!!!!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-02-05, 10:26am
Serenity Now!

Thanks ever so much, girls!