LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-09-26, 9:20am
Normal is Boring!!

Anyone find a wholesale source for the sterling silver bracelet chains and beads simular to Pandora, chamilia or biagi?? I'm not finding them much cheaper than $30.00 anywhere- sad face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2006-12-09, 10:26am
Soft Glass Peasant

Question I'm confused

Okay. I need help. I want to make pandora sized beads, but I want a silver core. Do I make the bead on a silver mandrel ( If that exists?) or do I put tube things on after I finish my beads? Where can I get the sterling silver tube things to make the sterling silver cores? Is there any hammering involved that might damage the bead? Do I need glue to keep the bead from spinning on the core? How in the heck do I get the core on? I am one confused lampworker.

Do I need a 4mm or 5 mm mandrel? Any help would be appreciated. I read the previous posts, but I must be slow, because I'm still confused. Thanks to you all. I love this site!!!
Old 2006-12-10, 5:35pm
I've got goodies!

If you are going to core the bead, you need to make it on a 3/16 mandrel, generously dipped. You core the bead after the bead is finished. There is a silver core tutorial posted in the tutorial room.

LE members get 5% off all purchases!!
Coupon code LE

Old 2006-12-10, 7:14pm
needs to light the torch.

You can silver core various sized bead holes, not just 3/16.
I think it depends on the size of the silver tubing right?

Old 2006-12-11, 8:37am
I've got goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerWood View Post
You can silver core various sized bead holes, not just 3/16.
I think it depends on the size of the silver tubing right?
Yes, but she was asking about beads that are made for Pandora bracelets. You can use any size you want, as long as the inside diameter of the tubing is at least 4mm if yo intend on using the bead with Pandora items.

LE members get 5% off all purchases!!
Coupon code LE