Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-10-13, 11:21am
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

Default Pandora bracelet - what size mandrel??

I don't know if you have seen the Pandora Silver bracelets that you add "their" beads too. If you have then great! My Mom bought one and proceeded to buy a few silver beads for it and now she wants some of my lampworked beads but I have a bunch of mandrels but none of them are fitting. She has threatened to put the Pandora Murano beads on it and I think my response was something like this.........OVER MY DEAD BODY........I am a little protective when it comes to what my Mom is wearing .

Any help would be appreciated, I love these bracelets but could never afford to fill it up with anything but MY beads.

Michelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-10-13, 11:22am
Word to your mother

Check with the dude from Bumble Beads...I think he is the one doing the ebay Katrina auction. They have beads like that.

Old 2005-10-13, 11:23am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobiebeads
She has threatened to put the Pandora Murano beads on it

Ewwww. I wish you much luck in finding the correct mandrel size

Old 2005-10-13, 11:24am
Word to your mother

It wasn't bumble beads...it was honey beads...here's the link:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhon...designsQQhtZ-1

Old 2005-10-13, 11:55am

Leslie from Canterbury Keepsakes makes them. www.cankeep.glasser.com

Bullet with 2 15lp oxycons
Old 2005-10-13, 12:03pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

I've emailed clabora (Cecilia) she sells the bracelets and makes beads for them. I think they're 1/8" will let you know what she says.

Deb Cline
Old 2005-10-13, 12:36pm
It's about time!

Does anyone know where to purchase the SS cable bracelet?
Old 2005-10-13, 3:48pm
Established Thinker I Am

You need a 3/16" mandrel.

l
l
l
Old 2005-10-13, 4:25pm
Booyarashaka

hehehe ... bumble beads .... kinda dig that I have the 3mm ones and they do well ... there are a couple different sizes ... just depends on what ya wanting or should I say the person buying em

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2005-10-13, 6:00pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

OK...help an old lady out...what is a Pandora bead??? Got pics?

Old 2005-10-13, 6:28pm
I fart diamonds

You need a 5/32 mandrel (4mm hole) and they will also fit Biagi, Chamilia and a few others.

Pandoras are interchangeable threaded bead bracelets and they're actually how/why I got into lampworking. (Until recently, Pandora didn't make glass beads. Only silver & gold) Pandora beads and chains are threaded (the beads screw on) and the chain is 3mm with 3.8mm (aprox) ends and stops.

www.pandorausa.com

Trollbeads were the first to come out with the glass beads, but they don't fit Pandora bracelets (too small). A lot of Pandora customers wanted the glass beads, too, and one of my jewelry store owners asked me if I could get some that would fit the Pandoras. A little research and here I am today. Addicted to glass. Damn that woman!

Last edited by shawnette; 2005-10-13 at 6:49pm. Reason: added link
Old 2005-10-13, 10:01pm

Where can I find 3/16 mandrels...our welding shop doesn't carry it....anyone?

I tried Nortel and they have a thin walled Blow pipe tube that is 3/16 - would that work???

My personal experience is with the troll beads...I did end up having one customer whose bracelet was a little too fat for 1/8 holes....otherwise everyone elses fit their bracelets...

Thanks, Shauna
Old 2005-10-14, 2:31am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwire
Where can I find 3/16 mandrels...our welding shop doesn't carry it....anyone?

I tried Nortel and they have a thin walled Blow pipe tube that is 3/16 - would that work???

My personal experience is with the troll beads...I did end up having one customer whose bracelet was a little too fat for 1/8 holes....otherwise everyone elses fit their bracelets...

Thanks, Shauna
3/16 is a little large unless you want the beads to be loose, but yes the tubing will work. I use 1/4" (and larger) tubing for beads all the time.

Old 2005-10-14, 6:13am
Boheme Flamework Designs

Thanks Shawnette,

Cecilia said it's the next size up from 1/8" mandrels for the Chamilia bracelets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette
You need a 5/32 mandrel (4mm hole) and they will also fit Biagi, Chamilia and a few others.

Pandoras are interchangeable threaded bead bracelets and they're actually how/why I got into lampworking. (Until recently, Pandora didn't make glass beads. Only silver & gold) Pandora beads and chains are threaded (the beads screw on) and the chain is 3mm with 3.8mm (aprox) ends and stops.

www.pandorausa.com

Trollbeads were the first to come out with the glass beads, but they don't fit Pandora bracelets (too small). A lot of Pandora customers wanted the glass beads, too, and one of my jewelry store owners asked me if I could get some that would fit the Pandoras. A little research and here I am today. Addicted to glass. Damn that woman!

Deb Cline
Old 2005-10-14, 12:49pm

HI! So does anyone know where I can order online 5/32 mandrels????

Anyone????

Thanks, Shauna
Old 2005-10-17, 9:46am
Established Thinker I Am

oopsss...I meant 5/32 ...sorry about that.

try arrowsprings

Serena

l
l
l
Old 2005-10-17, 1:26pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwire
HI! So does anyone know where I can order online 5/32 mandrels????

Anyone????

Thanks, Shauna
Shauna (nice name, BTW), if you don't mind cutting them yourself, it's cheaper to just buy the 36" rods. Do a search on "5/32 Music Wire" or "5/32 Tig Rod". Arrow Springs does carry the mandrels, though. $6.75 for 6 12" mandrels.

Old 2005-10-17, 1:58pm
needs to light the torch.

Yup Arrow Springs has lots of different mandrel sizes although I waould ask exactly what type of steel thay are made from BEFORE you buy them!

http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/mandrels___tubes.html

I recently bought some bigger mandrels, not from Arrow Springs, the beads I made on them stuck even after I washed the mandrels with warm soapy water and a scrubby pad...
I put them through an annealing cycle and tried using them again and the beads still stuck!
Stupid fringgin' mandrels... *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

Old 2005-10-18, 7:05am
on hiatus...

CR Loo has 5/32 mandrels qty 12

12" $6.75
9" $5.50

I haven't tried them yet, but I'll post any results about getting the bead off the mandrel.

http://www.crloo.com/Products/Hand_T...d_tools_3.html
Old 2005-10-18, 9:43am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Default Pandora/Chamilia/Biagi Bracelets

Does anyone know where I can buy these bracelets wholesale???

Any help would be appreciated!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Last edited by rkoza; 2005-10-18 at 12:06pm.
Old 2005-10-18, 2:57pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoza
Does anyone know where I can buy these bracelets wholesale???

Any help would be appreciated!
Solid Sterling, or plated?

Old 2005-10-19, 9:12am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph'sBeadCorner
CR Loo has 5/32 mandrels qty 12

12" $6.75
9" $5.50

I haven't tried them yet, but I'll post any results about getting the bead off the mandrel.

http://www.crloo.com/Products/Hand_T...d_tools_3.html
According to their website, 3/16 and 5/32 are priceed per 6, so it's the same price as Arrow Springs.

Old 2005-10-19, 9:15am
Addicted to Frit!!!

<< Solid Sterling, or plated? >>

Wholesale places for the Solid Sterling please.

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2005-11-08, 11:07am

I'm searching for a wholesale source for the sterling and sterling/gold pandora bracelets if anyone has any knowledge.

Thanks
Cindy
Old 2005-11-16, 6:36am

Cindy, I've been looking for these bracelets too. Let me know if you find a source. I haven't found one yet!
Old 2005-11-16, 8:25am
Member of the Booger7

Unadomani wholesales Biagi and their own "knock-offs". www.biagi-jewelry.com
Chamilia also sells their own also but you have to have a store-front or at least you did last year. http://chamilia.com/
I never looked into Pandora.
I used to carry Biagi, but we've went to the knock-offs because of the area that we're in, they just didn't want to buy a $50 gold bead.

Dianna -

Old 2006-08-27, 11:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbeads
Unadomani wholesales Biagi and their own "knock-offs". www.biagi-jewelry.com
Chamilia also sells their own also but you have to have a store-front or at least you did last year. http://chamilia.com/
I never looked into Pandora.
I used to carry Biagi, but we've went to the knock-offs because of the area that we're in, they just didn't want to buy a $50 gold bead.
Are you still carrying the knockoffs? Which name are they?

thanks!

Martha

Last edited by CarolinaDreamDesigns; 2006-08-27 at 3:49pm.
Old 2006-08-27, 3:00pm
Beadmaking.nl

Default My Mardorra's and Mini-Mardorra's.

I have made this one on a 4 mm mandrel. Beadrelease was Foster Fire. When you use beadrelease which is very thin 4mm is too small.

I glue eyelets in the holes
Old 2006-08-27, 5:54pm
Just Me

Do you need to silver core the beads to use on these bracelets?

Thanks. ~Barb
Old 2006-08-28, 4:08am

Eyelet sources?

I found these that come in short and long and a couple of sizes...

Volcano Arts
http://www.volcanoarts.biz/cart/eyel...htm#1/8Eyelets

I think these look fun and give a nice finished look if you can't get into real silver core beads.

Another site - including more tools:

http://www.ortonage.com/eyelets/eyelet-tools.htm

And long ones on eBay

Martha

Last edited by CarolinaDreamDesigns; 2006-08-28 at 5:12am.