Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-08-06, 7:25am
Powers Art Studio

Default Powers Art Glass Studio

I posted a day or two ago in the bathroom but decided to post a permanent post now. We are moving our studio into an artist mill in Wilton, NH. We plan to have classes at the studio with two torches to start and eventually getting another two for four total. We will also have a retail section as well We will be sharing the studio and retail space with Cadence (http://www.etsy.com/shop/cadencedesigns).

The maintenance worker was there yesterday switching the locks and had time to work on the electrical work so now have a dedicated circuit for the kiln and all the outlets we need. The best part of that was the electrical work was free! Andrea talked to a metal shop so we just need to send the sketch of what we need for hood. I should be meeting with the plumber today to get estimate for propane getting plumbed in. So everything seems to be going smoothly so far

There is a bead supply shop at the beginning of the hallway of the mills and we are at the end of the hallway. We used to sell beads to her but she mostly sells supplies lately. The owner of the bead supply shop is super excited and is going to send people our way that are looking for lampwork. She has normal store hours so she gets a lot of foot traffic.

Anywho here's some pictures of the the empty space.

This is going to be the retail section

This is from the retail section looking into the studio

Looking to the back of the studio

Looking to the front of the studio

There is a loft above the studio with plenty of storage space The window up on the loft has a great view of the river too! I already have a spot outside by the river as my thinking spot hehe

More to come soon as we get more done.
Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-06, 8:14am
Live and Let Live

Oooh.. you're right down the hall from Leslie?! Bonus! Her shop is great, and I've seen your beads in there. Will you be carrying glass supplies at all?

Old 2010-08-06, 8:52am
Powers Art Studio

Yep we are down the hall from Leslie, everyone from around here that we talked to at Farmer's Markets seem to know her Those beads are so old that we have in there, she bought the first beads we sold lol.

We will be selling glass supplies, just glass and mandrels to begin. We won't have it on the website to begin since we will have limited supplies/space to start off with. There is an empty space roughly the size of the retail area that is right next to the retail room so if there is a lot of demand we might end up having to get that spot to store glass supplies.

Jason

Old 2010-08-06, 12:58pm

What a wonderful space!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Congrats!!
Mary T.

Old 2010-08-06, 1:26pm
Powers Art Studio

Thank you

I talked already to the plumber today to get estimate. Then Andrea talked to some gas companies and the price of renting a 100# tank is pretty cheap and they test the plumbing for free So now we are waiting for the plumber to call us to schedule for next week

Jason

Old 2010-08-07, 10:11am
aka Deborah Spence

Lots of potential for that great space.

Best of Success!
Deb

Old 2010-08-07, 3:09pm
Powers Art Studio

Thank you

Jason

Old 2010-08-13, 6:29pm
Powers Art Studio

Got a little further setting up the studio The plumbing is all set up. We got the hood made, got the fan and table from grainger and some stainless steel table tops really cheap off craigslist.

You can see the plumbing, table without the stainless steel put on and the hood in this picture.

Here is the view from behind the other section of the artist mill, this will be my thinking spot lol

Jason

Old 2010-08-13, 7:33pm
Live and Let Live

That hood looks sa-weet! Isn't it amazing how low the rivers are right now with the drought we've had this summer? I've gotta stop by Leslie's some time this weekend, so I'll swing by and say Hi in person if you guys happen to be in the studio.

Old 2010-08-13, 7:46pm
Powers Art Studio

The hood was made in two days so I was so happy with how it came out! It's crazy how low the rivers are, you can see how high it has been along the walls.

We might not be there this weekend because there isn't much we can do till we order the ducting but might stop by a few times to plan a little for the ducting. If we are there the door will be open (last door on right) Looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Jason

Old 2010-08-18, 6:37am
Powers Art Studio

We had to special order 10" ducting so we worked on the ducting yesterday and got it mostly done. My dad just has to build a section to go out the window with some louvers (sp?) and finish the rest of what needs to be done this weekend hopefully. Getting so close to being finished!

Jason

Old 2010-08-18, 8:52am
Against the Grain

How fun! It makes me want to move back to NH.

Old 2010-09-29, 7:33am
Powers Art Studio

Our studio has been up and running for a while now. Still got some work to do with glass storage and a few other things.

We've only done one indoor show so setting up the retail is quite a bit different for us since we only do farmer's markets. So this will be changed a bit as we get more product for the store.

This is a night shot of outside the studio, the small brick building on the right below the white building is where we are located

Jason

Old 2010-10-04, 2:49pm

Oh my!!! Wonderful. Good luck with all that is coming for you.

Yvonne
Old 2010-10-05, 9:17am
LunaMoth

That's POWER allright.....
What a terrific place you got there! And the view.... sigh....
Old 2010-10-05, 11:37am
Powers Art Studio

Thanks! I love the view, this is such a wonderful change from a garage that floods and is full of spiders!

Jason

Old 2010-10-06, 9:25pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

*drool*

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2011-07-21, 6:37pm

Wow you guys...I just this thread for the first tonight! I am so happy for the two of you! It looks perfect. My wish for you is continued happiness & amazing success! I am loving the space...I should really make a point of taking a trip to Wilton!!!!