Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-19, 8:20am

Default czech glass

So, I have tried a few colors...was given some samples and I like the clarity. These are from ornela and I'm told the new formulations are supposed to be more compatible with each other.

If I were to get more of these czech colors, what are the best ones, the ones that those who have used them find most appealing/useful?

On my list so far are tourmaline, denim, grape, mint, avocado and of course the base colors of white, clear and a nice dense black. I don't have a sample of the ivory so have no idea about it's usefulness...

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Laurie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-19, 8:35am

the ivories and turquoise are non reactive so that can be a plus.

Old 2012-10-19, 9:23am

I was under the impression that they don't make this glass anymore.

Old 2012-10-19, 9:43am

I think the issue is the import/shipping cost. They still make it.

Laurie

Last edited by designerbeads; 2012-10-19 at 11:04am.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:29pm

Oh, I see. I have a lot of it but really have not used it yet. The place that I buy glass was selling it out so I bought pretty much
what they had left. They have beautiful colors. I love the denim and the uranium. Can't help with your question though.

Old 2012-10-22, 10:42am

sooo, should I order more than I myself can use? Or are there too few people who might be interested in this type of glass?

Laurie

Old 2012-10-22, 11:41am

I don't use much of it and I can still get a few colors from Jan (who used to sell it online). I need to check with him and see if he has any ivory. if he doesn't I might be interested in getting some ivory from you.

Old 2012-10-22, 12:43pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

The shampoo glass is da bomb!!!

Vivian

-

Old 2012-10-22, 2:10pm
honorary bead lady

Ornela still makes the glass, their market IS NOT lampworkers, but the glass (pressed) bead manufacturers in the Czech Republic, also there glass is NOT compatible with Effetre as it is more in the lines of 96 and 112

Here is an e-mail I recieved in fall 2010
Dear David

We havenīt in the moment a distributors in the U.S.
In the past was buying our glass Jodelglass and East Bay Color.
We donīt send small quantities.
We produce two lines of glass:
Lead (composite) rods with COE 96
Leadfree rods with COE 112
We donīt test the compatibility with Italian glass.
Are you a beadmaker?
On what quantities are you interested?

With best regards

Viktor Neumann
Sales"
Old 2012-10-22, 8:12pm

David, Was it because of the incompatibility with effetre that you did not get this glass or because of the quantities mentioned?
The samples I got were 98 coe so they must be the composite.

Laurie

Old 2012-10-22, 9:12pm
honorary bead lady

They don't have a current distributor here and the incompatibility issues

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ghlight=ornela
Old 2012-10-23, 8:03am

Thanks David, the additional info helps. I suppose the quantities we lampworkers use are chickenfeed to the glass manufacturers.

cluck cluck

Laurie

Old 2012-10-23, 10:01am
Flame Dames Rule!

Does anybody have the address of Jan's shop in New Orleans? I'll be there between Christmas and New Years, and it would be great to see him.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-10-23, 12:51pm

The Artist Market
1228 Decatur Street
New Orleans, LA

it is directly across the street from the french market (where all the tables are set up)