Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-08-04, 11:03am

Default classes in Nash TN, Berea KY, Louisville KY?

I am looking for a beginners class for my daughter and I. We want to try it out and learn the safe way before we set up our own little work area in my studio.
Thank you for any suggestions! Can't wait to learn all about it.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:20am

You are welcome to visit with the Smoky Mountain Firecrackers in Crossville Tn this Sunday. We have a Facebook page with info on the meeting, or pm me and I will give you the details. A little further away than you wanted though. We usually meet in Knoxville, Tn, but meet a few times a year in Crossville.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:49am

Thank you echeveria but it is too short of notice for today. I will check out your FB page and hope to catch the next one. Is there anyone in your group that might be willing to show the basics to new beginners?
Old 2013-08-04, 11:53am

I found your page and "liked it". I'll keep an eye on what ya'll have going on and see if I can come and visit sometime. Thank you!
Old 2013-08-04, 12:11pm

I am sure you could be shown the "basics" at a meeting. One of our members does teach a beginner class at the Jewelry Television studio sometimes, but I am not sure of the schedule. Angie also used to teach at her studio in Crossville, but I think she has been really busy with her duties as ISGB President and has not done any lately.

The meeting in Crossville is Aug 11, and then we will be at JTV Studio in Knoxville on Saturday, Sept 21; Sunday October 13; and Sunday November 10. We don't meet in December.

Going to Angie's in Crossville is good for seeing how to set up a home studio. Hers is in second garage at her house, and has four torches set up all the time. Jtv Studio has 16 torches and 8 kilns. It is a great place, but a little harder to use to envision how you would set up at home.
Old 2013-08-04, 4:46pm

It sounds like Angie's would be perfect. Mine will be in the corner of my basket studio in our barn. Previous owners had a horse shoe hammer in that room and we left the chimney intact to that will be perfect to run the exhaust thru. I just need to see how to build a way to vent. The Hot Head and MAP is how we will need to start and I still want to see and learn exactly how to attach and fire up everything before I buy anything. I have always loved handmade glass and Chihuly is my FAV living artist. The studio in Knoxville sounds amazing! What a set up!

I have a commitment that Fri-Sun or I would be there. Please let me know if she offers another weekend. I'll watch the FB page too. I can just see these on my baskets.
Old 2013-08-04, 6:21pm

Brazee studio in Cincinnati teaches beginners classes.
Old 2013-08-04, 8:14pm

Bonnie Blincoe teaches in Louisville. PM me if you would like her phone number. I took a class from her. She could teach you the basics and more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:18pm

There may be classes in Smithville at the Arts Center