No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-11-20, 6:20pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Default Silly eBay Feedback question...

When do you leave feedback? After your beads sold and they paid? or after THEY leave a feedback for you after they have received their beads?

Just curious...
Thanks!
~Lynn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2006-11-20, 6:33pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

I know this is an unpopular way to do it but I wait until after they leave me feedback.. Bead buyers don't worry me as much but with the charms I sell, I have to.. People are just too quick to leave bad feedback without just sending an e-mail to let me correct whatever they are dissatisfied with.. In my opinion the transaction doesn't end until they either let me know that they are happy or leave feedback stating they are happy with it.. I have nearly 15000 feedbacks and the 12 negatives I have received, probably 10 of them could have been fixed if they would have only let me know.. Anyway, by withholding the feedback in most cases, it makes the customer contact me first...
Old 2006-11-20, 8:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn's lampwork View Post
When do you leave feedback? After your beads sold and they paid? or after THEY leave a feedback for you after they have received their beads?

Just curious...
Thanks!
~Lynn
After they pay, before I even ship. I recently (well, about a month ago) had a FUBAR with getting beads shipped out while my daughter was in the hospital. Stuff was scheduled, and I had the best sales I'd had in 6 weeks or so. Hubby and I worked out a system that worked great when I was coming home twice a day, but I hit a point where I was just too sleep deprived from us being woken every two hours all night long, and started coming home once a day....and missed that two sets had sold and been paid for. My email was backed up, and it was on a second page. No excuse, I should have checked it.

Anyway, my three day show hit, and I was getting through my email backlog-getting prepped for going back on ebay, and found that those two sets had sold and been paid for....like three weeks past. I sent email apologies to both buyers with promises of free shipping for a long, long time if they are ever brave enough to order from me, told them I left their positive feedback because they had paid on time and that if they gave me negatives, then I had earned them. One replied back saying she didn't leave feedback really often, not to worry, the other one just left positive feedback.

I might get burned by it, but I just refuse to hold someone's feedback hostage. They paid, they did what they were supposed to.

I've got way cool handmade bags for sale in the Garage Sale area for a buck each!
Old 2006-11-20, 8:51pm
Super Duper

I believe that people who hold feedback hostage are taking advantage of the system and probbably have something to hide.