Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-11-25, 9:19am

Default New goggles found in Canada

Hi everyone,

I was looking through the Lee Valley Christmas catalog and found these:

Http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...C42207&p=70788

Protect your eyes from all sides, adjustable to fit anyone, cheaper than a pair of plastic clip-ons, and welding glass shade 4 lenses available for only $2.50 more! Plus you get to look all steampunk.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-11-26, 8:09pm

Very cool!
Old 2013-11-26, 10:06pm
Flame Dames Rule!

*WAY* cool, thanks! I just ordered a pair!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2013-11-27, 1:35am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Woah, that's an amazing price! Especially if you factor in shipping costs from Germany.
Please let us know what you think about the quality, once you get them, Sharon.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-11-27, 4:52am
kinda torching....

they look awesome for glass work.... buuttttt, they dont have the didy base protection. welding shade alone is not sufficient for our uses.

Old 2013-11-27, 7:05am
Wait.....what?

Think there's any place that sells didys in disks like that?

Old 2013-11-27, 7:55am

Or maybe a discs could be cut out of a square, if needed?

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-11-28, 10:22am
kinda torching....

No idea, only thing I can think of is cutting up a blastsheild type didy sheet. I'm sure someone sells it

Old 2013-11-28, 10:23am
kinda torching....

Or you could buy walewear glasses shade 3 and trim the lenses down a bit

Old 2013-11-28, 2:24pm
Flamewoman

My first thought looking at them is that they would sweat your eyes doing glasswork, even if you had propper lenses. There is no air circulation around your eyesocket, and I personally would hate that. Sadly, I am up for new boro glasses, and dreading trying to get them. My prescription has changed in 8 years. Got mine from Auralens and have been happy with them, for the most part. Just a little heavy.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-11-28, 2:46pm

They have vents on the sides.

Yeah, my soft glass eyewear is from Auralens, and it was a real pain trying to get it...finally veiled threats worked, but they were goggles with the wrong colour nose piece. He said he's send the right colour on to me when he received it in a month or so, but never did. It's been a year and a half.

Facebook:

Old 2013-11-30, 1:23pm

I have actually thru our store sent in frames and had a company cut me
shade 3 and 5 or ace/202 for peoples frames.. so that would probably work
with these too. Maybe I will buy a pair and send them in for a glass blowing lens
and find out the cost.

Old 2013-11-30, 1:40pm
kinda torching....

please let us know! cheap goggles would be awesome!

Old 2013-11-30, 1:41pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I don't think I'll modify them for torchwork, they look like they cut out too much peripheral vision, and that would drive me crazy - my vision is bad enough already.

Will make em into sunglasses and troll the flea markets in steampunk mode!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2013-12-02, 11:05am

very cool but i can't wear them over my glasses, like the pair I ordered from a glass company, and I do use clip ons for then i do boro