LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-01, 5:43pm

Default Surf & Turf Tutorials by Becky Mason and Diane Woodall

For those of you who don't know it yet, my sister Diane and I have finished our much awaited Surf & Turf (Seashells & Animal Prints) tutorials. We have 3 different tutorials for $20 each.

Focal Shells (fan shell, conch shell, sand dollar)

Small Seashell Collection (cowrie, nautilus, fan shell, urchin and auger)

Animal Prints (zebra, tiger, ocelot, leopard, snow leopard, cheetah, giraffe and crocodile/alligator)

If you buy the Surf & Turf Combo - all 3 - the price is $50.

Additionally, we're putting the names of the first 50 buyers for each tutorial into a raffle for a drawing for the beads we made for the tutorials.

Sales began at 7pm last night and these things have been flying off the shelf, so if you want to get in on the raffle, hop over to one of our Etsy stores to get your copies.

Becky Mason's Etsy Store

Diane Woodall's Etsy Store

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-01, 7:07pm

Just got mine (3) OMG they are terrific and you'll love them. Dicrodi
Old 2009-03-02, 12:49am

I've managed to make a few of the beads so far....The giraffe (my favorite) I've been able to make 2 lentils a few rounds and cyrstals and I actually made a Sand dollar but really need work on that. I just need to lay my lines a little bit umm more center lol.
But they were fun to make and I can only get better right???

Old 2009-03-03, 7:23am
Yeller Rose

Wow! Those are great Reenie. I am going out to the torch ASAP. Barb
Old 2009-03-03, 9:41am

Irene,

I think you've done great. Your beads look just as good as any of my earlier attempts. I'd be embarassed to show my first attempt at a sand dollar. Good job!!!

Becky

Old 2009-03-07, 1:44pm
Lover of all things color

Hi all, wanted to tell you about an interesting reaction I got with the alligator tut. I didn't have any of the base color suggested so I tried a few others. I had some Vetro Odd Swamp Moss so I used that. Swamp moss is kind of a green color, after I applied the other glass and stuff what I ended up with was the most beautiful blue silver affect. Totally unexpected. I tried some other different glass bases also, photos tomorrow. It's fun to try different colors with this one, you never know what your going to get.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-03-07, 2:29pm
Lover of all things color

Quick question are the Effetre Amber colors the same as Topaz?

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-03-07, 3:07pm

Hi,

I bought the animal print tutorial, and I'm very content with it. I looked for some instruction how one can make animal prints, and it is easy to get there with this tutorial.
Don't even remember, what colors are used... But my first thought for the giraffe was - I'll take Ornela bright Ivory for the stripes, because it makes lines

The explanation is very well understandable even for a non-mothertongue-english-selflearner as me, and the pictures match very good.

Thank you very much!
Angela

Old 2009-03-07, 4:33pm

Thanks for all of the great comments. Jan, yes Amber and Topaz are the same glass. Some companies call it amber and some topaz, but it's all the same. I think it's so cool that you tried different glass for the alligators too. I think this one bead has the most potential for experimentation and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the variations.

Angela, I'm so happy you like the animal print tut. We've made and sold a bazillion animal print beads over the years and they have never been more popular than they are right now. And since you can vary the colors to suit yourself the possibilities are endless.

Irene, I'm still blown away by your beads. I can't wait to see your next photos. You've nailed the techniques!

So thanks again to everyone who has posted and I hope you all have a great weekend making beads!

Diane

Old 2009-03-07, 5:34pm

These tutorials are the next best thing to taking an actual class with either of you. They are so well written and informative - once again I am in awe of the talent both of you women have! Thanks for putting this together for our use. It is very evident you put your hearts and souls into this project. Ya'll are the best!!! Jill

Last edited by Jill Hoblick; 2009-03-07 at 5:35pm. Reason: typo
Old 2011-04-12, 5:42pm

I want to thank you Becky & Diane for this great tutorial! I love making the sand dollars, and everyone who gets one loves them too! Thanks girls!! Well, I can't seem to get the size right.....

Last edited by Jill Hoblick; 2011-04-12 at 5:46pm.
Old 2011-04-12, 5:50pm

How in the world can my photos be too big..... Darn it! At least Becky and Diane's tutorial is easier to do than the uploader
Old 2011-04-20, 9:05am

Thanks Jill. Our tutorials have been more popular than we could ever have imagined. Those sand dollars are so much fun to make aren't they? Wish I could see your photo better, but I'm sure they are beautiful!