Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-02-23, 1:33pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Default Next tutorial: Armadillo beads!

I've been requested to do a tutorial on this technique and I decided to give it a go . Thank you all for your support and your warm requests, I just can't say no !
You can find the tutorial here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrollLover

It's about this:

I'll be doing 2 shapes in this tutorial, the lentil shape and the (crunched) focal . I will also use the newest DH glass too: CL-360 aka Clio and KA-356. I love doing this with reducing silver glass, but it can also be done with striking silver glass. Also great in regular colors, opaque and transparant.

Now is the time to say which other silver glass you would like me to tell about in my tutorial as well ! Please let me know!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2011-01-20 at 12:35pm. Reason: added link after merging threads
Old 2010-02-23, 1:36pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Is it ready yet? haha, just kidding.

I really look forward to it.

Your tutorials have helped me so much with silver glass. I was just thinking about you today while working with Ekho. Thank you for sharing with us.

Old 2010-02-23, 1:42pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I cannot remember if you covered psyche in your other two tutorials but I cannot get it to do it's thing anymore since I have upgraded my torch.

Old 2010-02-23, 1:58pm
I speak Murrini!

Ack! How I've begged...I can't wait to see it!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-23, 2:35pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Anouk, I'm really looking forward to that one.
I think I have a fairly good idea about the principles of how you do these style of beads, but it's still so much better to see it all in your fabulous pictures and get all those valuable tips.
Can't wait

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-02-23, 5:21pm

Doin' a happy dance! Looking forward to this tut, Anouk!
Old 2010-02-23, 8:43pm

I am definitely in. Can't wait. Loved your other tutorials! Helped me understand silver glass so much.
Old 2010-02-24, 7:45am

Are you going to include the "feathers" by any chance?
Old 2010-02-24, 9:30am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
I cannot remember if you covered psyche in your other two tutorials but I cannot get it to do it's thing anymore since I have upgraded my torch.
Yes absolutely, it's in my first tutorial, about reducing silver glass .

Thanks for the support everyone, I very much appreciate it.

Carmen, no I'm so sorry, but I won't include the feathers... It just doesn't feel right to do so...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-02-24, 9:35am

There is a feather tutorial out there done by a French gal....sorry I don't have the info to post here.

Great news, Anouk
Old 2010-02-24, 11:05am
Miles from nowhere...

I'm in for this one...can't wait! I don't know which glass you've covered in your first two- as I haven't dove that far into silver glass. But since you asked....I'd love to see one with the striking glasses...like Kahos (I think that's the one).

Signed...anxiously waiting.

Kate

Old 2010-02-24, 11:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
There is a feather tutorial out there done by a French gal....sorry I don't have the info to post here.

Great news, Anouk
The French girl is Claudia Trimbur-Pagel, her name on LE is Glasting and she posted the feather tutorial on a French forum.

You are busy Anouk, one tutorial after another.

|
Old 2010-02-24, 12:11pm

I will still buy your tutorial even without the feathers Anouk, I love you tutorials.
Old 2010-02-24, 1:00pm

Thankyou Miriam for the help
Old 2010-02-24, 3:07pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Carmen actually emailed me about these kind of feather beads: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anoukjasperse/4359239857/

But the feather murrini meantioned by Pat and Miriam that's made by Claudia sure is gorgeous!

I already covered Khaos in my last tutorial, but I can try if it can be done with Luna2 as well ?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-02-27, 1:58pm
Lover of Life

Yay Anouk! Can't wait!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2010-02-27, 2:02pm
It's not easy being green

I can't wait for this one to come out!

If it was easy then everybody would do it!
Old 2010-02-27, 2:10pm

Anouk!!!!! You mean it isn't ready YET?

Colleen

Old 2010-02-28, 7:17pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Carmen actually emailed me about these kind of feather beads: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anoukjasperse/4359239857/...
Oh, Anouk! That Blueberry Feather Bead should be called "Heaven and Earth"...I love it! I see the gates of Heaven amongst clouds, the terra of earth, the feathers of an Angel's Wing, and so much more in there. I LOVE IT!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-28, 7:28pm
Critter Mom

I can hardly wait. I adore Anouk beads and this technique is one of my favorites.

Old 2010-03-03, 12:42pm
Lover of all things color

Wow!!! Can't wait. This one is going to be amazing. Thanks for sharing Anouk.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-03-04, 11:17pm
Focus?

oh boy! I can't wait!!

A-62

Old 2010-03-06, 2:01pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks so much everyone ! With a little bit of luck, I will be able to finish it within 2 weeks!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-03-06, 11:49pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I'm going to be watching for this one!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-03-07, 12:53am

Hopefully soon. I would like this one also.

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2010-03-11, 4:43am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

WOO-HOOO!! Can't Wait!!!! I LOVE it when the Glass Goddesses do tutorials!~!!!! What a treat!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-03-16, 2:50pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Just a little update, because I realise I have been quiet some time now . The tutorial will be finished this week and will include:
- working with Clio
- making Armadillo beads, in a crunched focal and in a lentil
- making a flower murrini
- making a silverglass twistie (like the one on the lentil).

It will be another biggie, but the price will be <$20!

Hope you're all gonna like it .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-03-16, 4:25pm
Lover of all things color

Sounds great, I'll be hanging out here waiting...LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-03-16, 4:36pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Yay! It looks like a good tut.

Old 2010-03-19, 6:39pm
Moving On

Can't wait!!!!!-Gail