Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-11-12, 8:21pm

Default Splash Of Magic Sale

We're having a sale on home page designs. It's normally $295.00. We took $100 off of the price. Check it out at http://www.splashofmagic.com

It's such a professional addition to your site. You can select between 5-7 categories that drive customers to the exact pages you want them to see.

Take Care,
Susan
Old 2007-11-12, 10:53pm

Susan,
I've changed my website twice already but I swore that if I ever did it again, I'd use your designs. You have got to be one of the most creative and talented web designers I've seen. (And I'm a graphic arts major)
I think I need to look around again but.......can I preorder if you don't have one that totally pops out at me?
Maybe I can pay now and wait till you have more designs? I just checked out the site last week and there were a few that I liked but nothing that popped out...I'll check it now again just in case!
As you can see..my website is flamekissedglass.com...any ideas?
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-11-13, 5:15am

Irene,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. You never have to pre-order. Just wait until you find the one you want and buy it then. I'm always creating more. But don't wait if you see the one you like. Once it's sold, it's gone for good.

Susan
Old 2007-11-13, 5:45am

Susan,
I already have a domain name and hosting that I got through Yahoo. Can I change my webhosting and still keep the same domain? What all would be involved in changing to another webhosting service? That's part of what keeps stopping me when I look at website designs - and I love yours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-11-13, 6:04am

Carol,

You can change your web hosting and still keep the same domain - easily. Once you sign up with either Merchant Moms or Pappshop, all you do is point your nameservers to theirs. The hosting company can do that for you... or we can too. Then your url will link to their servers, and it's done!

It's simple and it's done all the time. I've had to do it myself several times.

Susan
Old 2007-11-23, 10:57am

Default Sample Home Page Designs

Hi there,

I just finished two new home page designs. Check them out. If you are considering ordering one, these might just inspire you to take the plunge.

DESIGN ONE: http://www.splashofmagic.com/images/amaya_homepage.jpg

DESIGN TWO: http://www.splashofmagic.com/images/..._home_page.jpg

These are only available with a site that I have designed though.

Take Care,
Susan
Old 2007-11-23, 8:08pm

Beautiful! I still like Northstar best. Someday!

Cheryl

Old 2007-11-23, 10:46pm

wow! Beautiful!

Old 2007-11-24, 11:03am
Mandrel Slayer

I agree they are just awesome. I love my Splash of Magic design and will be saving up for the homepage design.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-11-25, 10:16am
I'm not Barbie.

Oh poo, I saw one I REALLY liked but it was already sold.......bummer. Your graphics are beautiful!
Old 2007-12-21, 12:55pm
Glass Addict

Has anyopne had issues with this person? I have bought and paid for a template and I have sent numerous emails that went unanswered for weeks. I then get an email from her assistant saying she has no idea what was going on with the transaction. I responded and now again, no response back.

I am concerned as I have now forked over 300.00 dollars and have nothing to show for it. The whole thing is really weird as she seemed wonderful to work with until I paid for my site....

I don't want to jump to conclusions so I thought I would post here and see if anyone has dealt with her.

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"
Old 2007-12-21, 3:46pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Michele, I'm sorry this happened to you. I emailed Susan about one that I liked & she answered my email with some questions. I emailed her back with the answers and didn't hear back from her. I waited a week & emailed her again & still no answer. I ended up buying a design from PrymeDezign.com & got great service. I'm glad I didn't buy one from Susan.

Vivian

-

Last edited by VivianLampwork; 2007-12-21 at 6:00pm.
Old 2007-12-21, 9:06pm

Default Site Delivered

I wanted to post here that Michele's site graphics have been delivered as requested - and I look forward to hearing back from her soon.

Susan
Old 2008-03-30, 2:06pm
Fire Good!

Just an FYI regarding Splash of Magic...

It looks like they are basically out of business and all of the contact info has been taken down from the site. They have also been taken off as a designer from Pappashop.

Beware! My site was never completed as promised.
Old 2008-03-30, 9:01pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Mine neither. I've been waiting since December. I am not happy!

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!
Old 2008-03-30, 9:20pm

I don't know if any of this info will help, but here is another one of Susan St Laurent's websites, maybe you can contact her through that web site OR call info and ask for her phone number- she lives in either Grafton or Sutton Massachusetts.

Here is an email addy off the website I listed above susan1807@mac.com.

http://www.stlaurentdesign.com/

File a small claims court case against her and complain about her to the local police.

Good luck!
Old 2008-03-30, 9:21pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Thanks, I sent an email to Susan and am waiting to hear back. It just irks me that I've been really nice and patient about it all. I am sick of waiting. I want my home page done. Enough is enough. I just feel like I've been dumped on.

Last edited by Vickie; 2008-03-30 at 9:30pm.
Old 2008-03-31, 7:24am
Cancer Sucks!!!

Just a quick note, I've heard back from Susan and she said she would finish my homepage design. I would suggest anyone still waiting to send her an email.

Old 2008-03-31, 11:44am
Mandrel Slayer

What is it with website designers? My first one went out of business and now my second one as well. I am going to have to learn this myself.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-03-31, 2:38pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Get one here & you won't be sorry. Great service!!!!!

http://PrymeDezign.com

Vivian

-

Old 2008-03-31, 9:53pm

Congrats Vickie! I am glad she responded and hope that she will deliver!
Old 2008-04-16, 8:19pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Still waiting and now no response to an email. I am so sick of this. I am also so disappointed in them.

Old 2008-04-16, 10:23pm

I think this is really sad. The designs were awesome and I had mine done by the company. To just drop all contact and unfinished work is just so wrong. If you can't get any responses I would do whatever I had to do to get my money back. Many people paid and their sites were not cheap. To go out of business is their choice but to take the money and run is illegal and unethical. The reputation of this person has now been shot!

Old 2008-04-17, 6:24am

a bunch of complaints to the attorney general might help and the postal inspector regarding the undelivered frit... it's worth a try!
Old 2008-04-17, 9:48am
I'm not Barbie.

tell them you are contacting your attorney and the BBB.
Old 2008-04-18, 2:56am
one day at a time

What a shame! I really wanted to buy one of her designs in the future when I will be able to afford one, as I have my website based with Pappashop. I've been holding out just to get one from her. It surprises me because many of our lampworkers here bought from her and then all of a sudden she goes "poof" ??
Old 2008-04-18, 3:59am
sunscreen me baby

It does. I hate thinking what must be going on in her life to have this happen again.

~

Old 2008-04-18, 4:15am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
It does. I hate thinking what must be going on in her life to have this happen again.
Probably something pretty extreme, like a death in the family, or either she or someone in her family has a very serious illness. So I would find out what's really going on before anyone sics the local police on her like she's a common thief. If she is sick or a relative is, that's the last thing in the world she needs right now.

Think about it - if you were diagnosed with something horrible like a stage 4 cancer, wouldn't you drop off the face of the earth too, for a while at least? Would you just not give a crap about LE or even your job or business for a time? If ever again??

So, for someone who had a really good thing going like she did with Splash of Magic, something has to have gone terribly wrong in her life.

Last edited by Lisi; 2008-04-18 at 4:21am.
Old 2008-04-18, 10:07am
disco granola punk

I was thinking the same thing. I know all too well how family stuff can completely derail a business.

I haven't purchased from her because I do my own design work, but I was trying to think the past few days what I would do in her shoes because I have had to deliver web site designs and juggle family crises before. for the sake of her customers feelings and her reputation, I think she should be up front and let everyone know what's going on. if it's a family crisis, no one needs to know the details. I've had some pretty stressful ones lately and they've made me want to isolate, not reach out, so I can see how a situation like this could happen if she is faced with a difficult crisis, but sometimes the best thing to do is set some priorities and then be honest and let some things go, which means you have to tell customers you can't take care of them and give them a refund.

(retired from lampworking due to ill health)
Old 2008-04-18, 6:59pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Personally, I've had my own family crisis just last week. My stepdaughter almost died suddenly. She went from planning a nursery to fighting for her very life in just a few hours. They didn't know if she was going to live through the night or even long enough for us to get there and she was only about an hour away. Fortunately, she pulled out of it and came home Tuesday.

I have been very understanding and patient about all of this. All I've asked for in the past is some communication. I do understand when things happen in someone's life, after all I am a nurse. I just think if she is having something going on, all she has to do is let me know.

I've been waiting and waiting and been given lots of false promises, as well as plenty of excuses. She told me on 3-31-08 she would get it done that week and it hasn't happened. That was almost 3 weeks ago. I paid for this last December. I'm tired of waiting. No offer of a refund has been made either and I've not asked her for one. I'm not trying to be a hard-ass here. I'd just like my homepage completed and my banners as promised. I also happen to know, I'm not the only one either.

Last edited by Vickie; 2008-04-18 at 7:10pm.