Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-30, 7:15pm
Serenity Now!

Default Wishing Stones...

Here's my latest Wishing Stones - made in honour of my Mum's courageous battle with cancer.
Make a wish, and cherish every moment.......

Peace and love...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-30, 7:23pm
lov'in life!!!

Oh WOW!!! Look at all that color Val. You go girl Those are beautiful. I think the third and the last are my favorites.

Big hugs to you and your mom

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-30, 7:59pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Val -those colors are AWESOME!
How the heck are you getting those mixes????
I'm just curious about that bottom mixture (the last pic in the pile).
Just incredible Yummy!
Old 2006-08-30, 8:23pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your nice comments! I'm not 100% sure of the mixes, 'cause Brent "made me" play with a bunch of unnamed rods!! I'm quite sure - okay, I think it's a mix of Black Lightning, AP or DAP, and one or another of the AP family...
I'm having so much fun playing...thanks again for your comments!

Old 2006-08-30, 9:29pm

Val.. these are just so cool. I feel so terrible for what your mum must be going through and send my best to her ...and you. Your wishing stones are a wonderful way to honor her....

Old 2006-08-30, 10:42pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

stunning, I love the last one, and I love the idea behind them. I hope your mom will win her strugle, and I wish you both the best

Old 2006-08-31, 3:52am
boro color bender

Very nice Val... playing with unmarked rods is always fun. Life is like a box of chocolates and all that.

Tell you Mom I send my best!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-31, 5:40am
ManBearPig

Hmm... wishing stones. I have been calling them "artifacts". Isn't it strange how two people can make the same thing and have a totally different outlook on it?

Here's one I did:

Of course you use bright colors and I try to use earth tones to make them look more like rocks. After seeing yours I'm going to have to try some bright colors as well. I like those!

Old 2006-08-31, 6:48am
Serenity Now!

Nice artifact Chad! Thanks to everyone for their nice comments...

Old 2006-09-02, 11:06am

Those are really nice. I like the whole idea.
Casey
“Our worst fears is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?...Nelson Mandela

Old 2006-09-06, 9:53am
Too Hot for my Torch

Fantastic. Hugs to you and ypur Mom
The day we understand; everything that's going on, everything we're doing, and all that has come before; will most likely be the day we die. Otherwise we'll tell the world and then what will people do with their free time?