Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-12, 7:01am
The Venerable Bead

Default Boro gallery August 12-19

Looks like there hasn't been a boro gallery in a while. I'll be a total hog cause I was happy when my kiln opened today.
what's in your kiln?
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2006-08-12, 8:47am
Satake Woman!

My kiln contains what should be a wonderful piece (it is in my head) but actually looks like a big pile of crap. Yours are pretty!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-08-12, 8:31pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks Jo

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2006-08-12, 8:34pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Here are my very first attempts at boro, thanks to Nagibeads for her generous gift:

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-08-12, 8:36pm
The Venerable Bead

very nice jana I like the green inplosion and the blue heart best

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2006-08-12, 8:40pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Thank you....the "green" implostion is actually blue in person and I used Silver Dream or Silver Dance, something like that....I cannot remember what the blue heart is....I just got some of Mr. Smiley's shorts but they are not labeled, so I spent today smashing the ends into paddles so I can see what it will do in the flame....I have sooooo much to learn!

What colors are your hearts?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-08-12, 9:27pm
senior citizen lampworker

Default Thought I would through my two cents in

Here are two of my latest. The green implosion is 2" tall and the pink one is right at two and a half inches long.
Thanks
Mike
Attached Images

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2006-08-13, 4:57am
boro color bender

I might as well join in.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-13, 5:55am
ID10T Problem Solver

Brent,
I just love your hearts...one of these days I am going to own one, but it always seems like I just have to have this glass or that glass when I have extra money laying around!

Hmmmm....go figure!

Mike,
Stunning colors!

I have much to learn!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-08-13, 8:46pm
AKA Vanna

Beautiful work everyone!!

Here is a set from me from this week.

I call them River Rocks

Kim's Klub
. Come on, you know you wanna!!

"Mama, I need one of those beads in Elvis Red, Mint and Bubblegum." My Daughter Austyn, age 6 (Future Glass Artist)
Old 2006-08-14, 8:03am
Boro Brat

Holy cow you guys are awesome! Here is my first contribution to a boro gallery...working on a minor with one 5 lpm oxy con:

I can't wait to move to my new place and get back on tanked oxy with my new betta...but the minor and oxy con is working for now

Old 2006-08-14, 9:20am

Default cool

I love your creatures pipyr. They look a lot like squid, but I noticed in your auctions, you just called em creatures. What ever they are, I like em. Keep it up and I wanna see what you come up with when you get your tanks.
Thanks
Mike

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2006-08-14, 4:08pm
Boro Brat

Talking

Wow, Mike, thanks so much!! You do an incredible job with your sculptures...I've been watching you I've got more styles in the works...can't wait to get the tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdog
I love your creatures pipyr. They look a lot like squid, but I noticed in your auctions, you just called em creatures. What ever they are, I like em. Keep it up and I wanna see what you come up with when you get your tanks.
Thanks
Mike

Old 2006-08-14, 4:46pm
Serenity Now!

Nice work everyone!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-08-15, 3:40pm

Great stuff everyone.

Here is another "Love" pendant from Saturday.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-08-15, 10:54pm

Default cool

Love your Love Eric. I have been working on that for a while and havnt quit gotten there yet. Seeing yours though inspires me.
Thanks
Mike

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2006-08-16, 7:12am

Hi Mike,

I have a box full of ones that didn't turn out well. Lately, when they don't, I just just rake them and turn them into hearts.

I tried to make a dog like one of yours last week, and it just looks like something that came out of the dog.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-08-17, 7:29am

This is my very first Boro Fishy. I used NS Blue Moon Fine Frit over clear. The eyes are GA Silver Strike 5, with dots of NS Onyx - I think. It is a little stiff looking, but overall I like the way it turned out.

Eric
Attached Images

Old 2006-08-17, 9:42am

great fish! is the love pendant tubing?
ro
Old 2006-08-17, 10:47am

Nope, no tubing. I have tried to make some that way, but they haven't turned out very well. I also tried to do an open tube implosion the other day, but it fumed up the inside of the tube while I was imploding it, and looked really ugly when it was finished. I am going to continue working with the "bubble" type tube implosion though as you can get a lot more letters inside that way.

Eric

Old 2006-08-17, 2:15pm
Boro Brat

Nice job on the fish, eric! I really need to get myself some frit!!

Old 2006-08-17, 2:27pm
The Venerable Bead

frit?... did you say frit? I have frit!!!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2006-08-17, 7:49pm
Serenity Now!

Oh Paula's got FABULOUS frit!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-08-17, 8:00pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks Val

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2006-08-18, 7:38am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead
frit?... did you say frit? I have frit!!!
No! STOP!! LOL...I can't spend ANYTHING until I sell a few more pieces...I just recently got an electroforming set-up, see?

I REALLY want some of your frit, paula, (believe me, I've been drooling!) but I'm just gonna have to wait! Do your colors still work well together without being encased? Most of my work is surface and I'd love to see those pretty colors sandblasted!

Old 2006-08-19, 5:50am
The Venerable Bead

most of them work great without encasement, Marmalaide skies is one I think should be encased but I'd love to see the others on your creatures!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2006-08-19, 3:33pm

Im liking those critters pipyr. Very cool
heres a pair of goblets, a wedding peresnt for some friends
Attached Images

Old 2006-08-20, 6:05am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

and here is my humble offering...been playing with the shorts I won from Nagibeads, some really REALLY cool stuff in that box!

Suzanne

Old 2006-08-20, 5:11pm
lov'in life!!!

Ooooh Suzanne...those colors rock girl! That pink is to die for Great job.

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".