Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-13, 2:46am

Default Murrine Question

Hi,
I was hoping someone out there could help with some info on how to make a particular murrine that is used by an ebay artist. I absolutely love them, but can't seem to get my mind around how to twirl the glass in this manner. The link to a picture is below:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RD-Lampwork-Jazz...QQcmdZViewItem

I am not sure if the link will work, I am a little internet challenged.

Anyway, its the ribbon type twirl that radiates out from the centre, that are attached to the surface of these beads.
I would love anyone's thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Esin
Old 2006-08-13, 2:48am
Cheerfully Profane

It's always best to email the person whose work you would like to ask more about how to create. Give them the first opportunity to put the tutorial out there if they want to.

Good luck with your question. Those are some verrrry cool beads.
Old 2006-08-13, 3:14am

Hi, Thanks, I didn't actually think of that, but I have sent them an email, and fingers crossed, they are willing to share.

In the meantime, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Esin
Old 2006-08-13, 4:56am
boro color bender

It's an easy milli. Look at some books or sites on fimo or polymer clay patterns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-13, 11:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
It's an easy milli. Look at some books or sites on fimo or polymer clay patterns.
Hey, now that is an avenue I didn't think to explore! The possibilities ....

Thanks, Brent!

Kari
Old 2006-08-14, 12:18pm
Type ZZZ personality

The first thing I thought of was a jellyroll cane, but doing that in glass would be a little more difficult!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-08-17, 1:44pm
product of the universe

Looks to me like a peice of flat glass colored on two sides, marvered to round and then pulled out.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2006-08-17, 2:03pm

Thanks Chris, I thought the same, but my mind can't get around the whole marvering and then I'll end up with air pockets? whether they matter?
I received my reply, and they also referred me to fimo, polymer clay books, thanks Brent also, but once again, I need to be male, my mind refuses to connect the working with clay, working with glass thing.
Thanks all, anyway, I would welcome a visual tutorial if anyone is willing to give it ago?
Esin
Old 2006-08-19, 8:38pm
product of the universe

tack a punty to one side begin your roll when the roll has gotten big enough attach a punty so that its in the center of the roll and continue marvering when your pleased with it you can coat with clear or not. Make sure that the but ends on your puntys are the size of the milli before you give it a final pull it helps keep it all even.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2006-08-20, 10:33am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Holy cows Chris you make some killer murini's!!!! Awesome!

Old 2006-08-20, 11:45am

Thank you Mr Murrini! I'll give it a go and see if it works for me. Your murrinis are fabulous!
Esin