Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-17, 12:07pm
Dangerous Woman

Looks yummy to me!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-17, 12:37pm
Mandrel Slayer

Chris,

Those are really hot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-11-17, 12:49pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

owwwwwwwwwwwww how cool!!! yes yes yes, I want it

Old 2008-11-17, 1:06pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I want.
Gimme.
Now, now, now.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-11-17, 2:34pm
Spoiled

I've been making a bunch of icicles and ornaments lately and I bet those would cool in one.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Last edited by aimee; 2008-11-17 at 2:36pm.
Old 2008-11-17, 3:05pm
product of the universe

I'm glad you guys like this. I'm gonna try and make another batch tonight if i can fit it in with all the other stuff i gotta make.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-17, 3:37pm

They look awesome. I vote for sparkle.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-11-17, 4:15pm

oooooh, neat! I love that turquoisey color on the bottom right!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-11-17, 4:38pm
product of the universe

I'll see what kind of sparkle i can do.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-17, 6:07pm
Satake Woman!

Delish! When can I expect to get some?

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-11-17, 9:54pm
product of the universe

Should be available pretty soon, Maybe we could trade for some satake . I'd like to try some of that stuff out.

I just finished another run this one is Blue lightening over Teal sparkle.I think it looks pretty interesting. It looks like it could be wispier than the last one. I'll get some pics of it up in a little while when i take another break.But for now i gotta get back to work.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:26pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

W O W

This is sooo exciting! I think I need to put some of these in the Secret Santa thread. Just a sample to try out...
Old 2008-11-18, 2:34pm
product of the universe

I figure these pics might show em off a little better. You can't really see it but the blue one when its held to the light it looks green with darker lines.
Attached Images

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-18, 2:49pm
Satake Woman!

wow friggin wow.

Old 2008-11-18, 3:00pm

Nice. Very nice.

Old 2008-11-18, 11:43pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

wow!!!

Old 2008-11-19, 10:38am
Dangerous Woman

I have some satake. I'd LOVE to trade! PM me. I love sparklie!

Old 2008-11-19, 11:00am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Very cool!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-11-19, 12:16pm
Flame Dame

Very nice!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-11-19, 1:38pm
product of the universe

I'm gonna make some single veils,and more double with all first quality rods very soon.What length would you guys like to see these cut at? Would 10 inches be an ok normal length? or 5 inch for variety packs?

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-19, 2:36pm
Dangerous Woman

I vote 10 inch.

Old 2008-11-19, 2:49pm

Both please.

Old 2008-11-19, 4:57pm
Type ZZZ personality

Those totally rock!
I would love to work with something like that.
I love the 96 veiled cane I have.
Great job Chris!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-11-19, 7:58pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
I'm gonna make some single veils,and more double with all first quality rods very soon.What length would you guys like to see these cut at? Would 10 inches be an ok normal length? or 5 inch for variety packs?
The longer the better.

Old 2008-11-19, 11:53pm
product of the universe

I can cut it to what ever length ya want. The rods are 4+ feet long. There is some variations in thickness in a 4 foot length though. I'd prefer to cut the absolute best part out of it and that is what i would sell. I wouldn't sell anything i that i would not like to receive myself if i ordered it.

If you see a cane in soft glass it can be made in boro, there are many cool things in store for the future. We've been doing our homework. Here are some pics of other stuff we're working on.
Attached Images

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-20, 6:19am
Satake Woman!

oooooooo..... I personally don't care about variations in thickness. Then again I work with Satake, which is all hand pulled and varies a ton.

Old 2008-11-20, 11:47am
Spoiled

Nope, I don't give a crap about variations in thickness either. Heck I would even take some shorts that were only a couple inches long.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-11-20, 12:03pm
product of the universe

That's good to know how you guys feel about the rods variations. With that in mind I'll still strive to make it the best quality as i possibly can.

We have a good amount of Tag colors left that i may purchase off ourselves to make this stuff with. I gotta talk to Matt first so i can purchase it and make you guys some first quality goodies to play around with.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-11-20, 1:00pm
Type ZZZ personality

I, too, don't care about variations in thickness. I often buy 2nds to save some cash.

That twistie is sick!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-11-20, 2:43pm
product of the universe

Quote:
I have some satake. I'd LOVE to trade! PM me. I love sparklie!
As far as trading goes it wouldn't have to be just satake, I'm interested in all coe's of soft glass. Just thought i'd mention that.

Currently using fire.