Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-11-23, 3:32am

Default I would like to share a story

Mike,
I just wanted to let you know personally that my shipment of glass arrived. When the box was unceremoniously dumped on my front porch my heart sank. The box was crushed, torn, obviously had been kicked and was torn in several places. it took me 24 hours to get up the courage to open it. I expected to see nothing but frit in there. Not a single rod was broken! Every powder was intact! I really want to congratulate your packing department on a job superbly done. Thank you.

Hats off to Frantz Art Glass! Oh yeah, they even include yummy hard candies! Have to sort thru those peanuts carefully, you can't discard candy! :giggle:

Jen
Old 2008-11-23, 4:11am

I get hundreds of pounds of glass at a time. They aren't cut so they are about 4 ft long.
So those are some long boxes! I've had boxes arrive to me torn, bent, and popcorn spilling out of them but yet have I had any broken rods.
I second this about the great packing job they do. And although I have hard candies in the orders I pack....I can never find those yummy rootbeer barrels that come in mine
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It's a mad dash to find those around here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-23, 7:51am
Satake Woman!

Yep, my packages from Frantz also arrive looking like someone used them for a speed bump in the road, but nothing is ever broken!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-11-23, 8:52am

I can just see Mike now - packing his glass with the utmost care (mine always comes battered but perfect as well), layers of bublewrap nestled in peanuts and hard candies, carefully taping the box shut and lovingly patting it before he picks it up, throws it across the room, slams it into the wall a couple of times, then stands on it for good measure. Then the tape carefully comes off and the glass inspected for breakage.... If there's none then the box is re-tamed and sent on it's way with a sigh and a last loving look before he slaps his forehead and says "DAMN!! I forgot the freaking sticker AGAIN!"

On the table next to him lies a pristine, unused roll of stickers reading "inspected by 12"
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2008-11-23, 9:26am

Thank God for the 100 lb boxes from Frantz because I recycle all of those peanuts!
It never ceases to amaze me what delivery companies can do to boxes of glass.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-23, 11:02am

Quote:
Thank God for the 100 lb boxes from Frantz because I recycle all of those peanuts!
It never ceases to amaze me what delivery companies can do to boxes of glass.
Paula
Oh I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one!!!!!!

Old 2008-11-23, 12:33pm

leslie, what a great sense of humour!! I laughed!!!!

Old 2008-11-23, 9:33pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Another hobby of mine is raising exhibition poultry. I hatch them, raise them, and travel around showing them, much like showing dogs or horses. And it seems that the postal service is just as hard on hatching eggs as they are on glass.

I think its a passtime of underpaid, overworked, postal employees... they like to play soccer with the fragile things.

Old 2008-11-23, 9:44pm
Critter Mom

I agree, the postal employees sometimes seem to take their frustrations out on my "fragile" packages too. The other day I asked my Hubby to mail one of my beads out to a customer, so off he went, handling my little package with great care...knowing that I had packed it carefully, put "fragile" labels on each side and the top expecting that the postal employee would do the same. To my Hubby's great surprise, once he had paid for the postage the postal person took the little "fragile" package and dropped it on the cement floor from about 4 feet. I'm sure he wasn't the first to chew on her hiney but I think he probably bit off the biggest chunk!

Old 2008-11-24, 8:38am
Who me?

Damn, there's candy in the boxes? I'm in such a hurry to get those clingy styro peanuts out of the house, I just grab the biggest think I can feel in the box and toss the rest before I look like an easter bunny or a snowman. I'll have to start checking closer.
Old 2008-11-24, 11:07am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I actualy wonder if the postal service people ever read anything on the parcel? I too put big FRAGILE stickers on both sides of the parcel yet without a thought the stamp comes out and I just cringe. I post all the beads wrapped in bubble wrap and little handmade boxes, so far so good!

Astrid

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!