LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-31, 9:25am
Dildo Kween!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-07, 5:58am
Mary Lockwood

I agree 100% with Pam and Kalera and also about not bringing a uniform heat back into the entire bead after pressing.

You adjust those things and you're cracking will stop. That is assuming your kiln is holding a true temp.

~~Mary

Old 2009-12-30, 4:18pm

could you use a cone to test, in the kiln at least you would be able to tell if it is the right temp at the cone temp by testing that way. From what I read 1068 degrees is cone 022 that is the lowest temp. I can find for a cone. It also said that a cone would be bent at a 90 degree angle to show that it reached the temp. I don't know if this will help in testing the kiln but it would tell you if 1068 is what your kiln is by the cone. I know someone here has to have work with ceramics and could tell you better than I, my aunt did them and I was young so I don't remember much. Someone else may know if there is a 920 degree cone.
Just a thought off the top of my head,
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com