Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-10, 9:09am

Default Oxycon Storage

As some of you may have read I am going to start picking up supplies that I need to setup a studio while I have the cash coming in. Today I planned on buying 2 EX-15 concentrators but I wanted to get some insight from the community. Here's where the issue lies.

I asked a vendor about storing these units prior to use and asked if they had to be stored in a heated area or if storage in an unheated area would be fine. I was told that they do not require a heated environment.

I then was talking to a friend whom has a few units and directly in his manual for his unit it states that it must be stored in an area >30F.

It tends to get cold here in the winter months and could go below 0. Before buying these and storing them away for the winter I wanted to get some insight from others to see if these truly require >30F for storage. I don't want to pick these up, put them in storage to find out that in the spring they wont work because they have gotten too cold.

If they require heated storage I would probably buy other equipment that do not require heated storage at this point.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am looking to make the purchase this afternoon so hopefully I can get some clarity by that point in time.
Old 2013-12-10, 9:38am
dances with ideas...

I just took a quick look at my OG-20 manual. It says to store indoors between 40-100 F. And -- if you don't, it would void the warranty!

I never noticed this before, but I would suggest holding off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-10, 10:18am

Thanks for taking the time to look for me as well. I am going to hold off on this purchase until the spring time when I will have heated storage
Old 2013-12-10, 1:34pm
kinda torching....

Grab your torch first, then you can always run tanks until you get your oxycons

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-10, 2:26pm

If you have space inside it may be worth buying if they are deeply discounted.
otherwise your better off waiting and ordering all your equipment at once.