Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-07-03, 1:13am
I speak Murrini!

Default ASK/KAS Passionate Pink - I think?

Hey Everybody:

Don't know if you've seen Pam's eBay auction - but I'm wondering if this might be some of the original and hard-to-find Passionate Pink? Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASK-Glass-Origin...QQcmdZViewItem

I sold some of the original stuff not long ago - and it looked just like this! That white core -hummmmmmmmmm?

Does anyone know if ANY OTHER "older" ASK PINK color had a WHITE CORE other than the Passionate Pink? I don't think Pam's stuff still has original tags (as did mine), so I thought I'd ask for your feedback.

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-03, 1:18am
I speak Murrini!

PS - For reference, here's a few pictures of what mine (with tags) looked like...note the WHITE CORE:

And see how the ends of the rods turn this deep pink color from the flame?:

~Me again!

Old 2008-07-03, 3:49am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I have the original ASK passionate pink and I believe it was called Lilac Ice, both have a white core like the ones Pam has listed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-03, 3:58am

I have a few rods left of Passionate Pink, one is dark like yours in the photo and the other is a shade lighter like the photos in the auction. I believe the other pink she is selling is Lilac Ice. Both have white cores.

I hate it when the glass is no longer available - I feel like it is so precious now that I can't use it to make beads.... Along with the original Terra, odd lots of coral, etc.

Sue
Old 2008-07-03, 7:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandkona View Post
I have a few rods left of Passionate Pink, one is dark like yours in the photo and the other is a shade lighter like the photos in the auction. I believe the other pink she is selling is Lilac Ice. Both have white cores.

I hate it when the glass is no longer available - I feel like it is so precious now that I can't use it to make beads.... Along with the original Terra, odd lots of coral, etc.

Sue
There was the Original pass pink which is what is on Pam's auction and what DeAnne has shown above. Pam is also auctioning lilac ice in the same auction.

What you have is some of the original pass pink but you also have some of the second batch of pass pink that they made when trying to recreate the first batch. After that there was no more... They gave up I guess. That's why you have 1 batch with a white core (original) and 1 batch without it (second batch). Did that make sense??

On a side note... I saw Pam's auction last night and her pics and description contradict each other. She's showing 2 rods of lilac ice and 1 rod of pass pink (as far as I can tell) but her description states the opposite. Can someone that knows her bring it to her attention please? I could be wrong but if I'm not, I don't want to see her have issues later ( which she will). THANKS!

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2008-07-03, 10:56am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Yes, their are two colors in the auction, the bulk is passionate pink, and one rod of the Lilac. The ask clear is just a bonus.

These were acquired before ASK actually hit the market, when they were supplying it to testers.

Pinks and purples of this shade are a bit too soft for me. I am just not seeing a pink planet in my future. These are far better off going to more loving hands that appreciate the pinkness

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-07-03, 11:03am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach Blossom Beads View Post
What you have is some of the original pass pink but you also have some of the second batch of pass pink that they made when trying to recreate the first batch. After that there was no more... They gave up I guess. That's why you have 1 batch with a white core (original) and 1 batch without it (second batch). Did that make sense??

On a side note... I saw Pam's auction last night and her pics and description contradict each other. She's showing 2 rods of lilac ice and 1 rod of pass pink (as far as I can tell) but her description states the opposite. Can someone that knows her bring it to her attention please? I could be wrong but if I'm not, I don't want to see her have issues later ( which she will). THANKS!

Both the colors are original runs with white cores.

I did make an error, and thank you for pointing it out. I would have hated to disappoint the buyer. It is 2 rods of lilac and 1 rod passionate pink.

I will go amend the auction right now. Thanks again for your help.

Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-07-03, 2:56pm
sunscreen me baby

I love, love, love both of those colors! Thankfully I still have some of both.... but if YOU don't, you want it

~

Old 2008-07-05, 1:08pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Last chance at the odds. Closes soon.

Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-07-05, 1:52pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

how can you not see a pink planet!!!!lol

Old 2008-07-05, 2:10pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
how can you not see a pink planet!!!!lol
Hey, that's the planet right next to my planet!!!

Good luck, Pam!

~De

Old 2008-07-05, 2:51pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

No offense to the pink lovers. I am just not a pastel person in my glass work. Carnelian yes, true pink, not so much. I guess that means I like the transparent pinks better.

I can just see my listing now:

" This planet is inhabited by the Care Bear Clan. Notice the little rainbows bridging the continents. The pink hue to the planetary crust is a compilation of the fuzz cast off by the cute shedding bears that grace its surface.

Being the Eden that it is, it has no clouds, craters, or meteors in site. Instead of frozen poles like our home-world, the Care Bear Planet has sweet pots of honey that say "Pooh" on them. The bears have tapped this resource and piped it to their city's. It unlike our world is truly a never ending supply, as the bees keep it nice and full. "

See... no turmoil, no strife, no volcanic activity... I can't even give 'em earthquakes, or I'd be a monster. Very limiting for geology

Don't get me wrong, I melt for kitty's and puppies, but just not pink.

Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-07-05, 3:48pm
I speak Murrini!

I melt for kitties, puppies, pink, baby-anythings, and skulls! Creepy, ain't I!?! (Don't answer that...! )

~De

Old 2008-07-06, 2:08pm
Reality Impaired

Pam, your pink planet really sounds sort of scary!

Note that this comes from a mom whose daughter was a care bear fanatic about 20 years ago. I have teddy ruxpin nightmares still and found a Nosey Bear in a closet last week, yewwwww!

"A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something."
- Frank Capra
Old 2008-07-06, 2:26pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Exactly... this is what I'm sayin

Henry David Thoreau