Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-03-29, 7:12am

Smile Lucio Bubacco at Inspired Fire, June 20 & 21st

Ciao! Just here to highly recommend this great opportunity to catch Lucio for a short workshop at Inspired Fire in Lafayette, Indiana this June.

It is a two day workshop, June 20th and 21st. This is a weekend class, Saturday and Sunday. Class is from 10AM to 5PM.

Cant' afford to go to Murano for a class? Here is a great opportunity to get a taste of what Lucio can teach you! The cost is only $375 for both days and includes a catered lunch and your glass materials.

Sharon will also have an open house demo for Lucio on the Friday night, the 19th, from 6-9PM. Always a pleasant experience in this sweet studio! GO CHECK HIM OUT!! His figures are amazing! And don't even blink when he gets to making the hands.... your eyes will go !

Inspired Fire Glass Studio and Gallery
2124 State Road 25W (South)
Lafayette, IN 47909
765-474-1981

http://www.inspiredfire.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-06-17 at 4:41am.
Old 2009-03-29, 7:21am
Shelarious

I am thinking I want to sign up for this one!! Dibs, dibs!!!

I called and left a message!

Last edited by bshelle; 2009-03-29 at 7:28am.
Old 2009-03-30, 11:01am

Hi Ofilia -- Is Lucio teaching anywhere else in the U.S. this summer/fall? I would like to attend, and am flying from Alaska, so want to make sure a class will fit into my schedule. Thanks Ofilia, elise
Etsy Store:
Old 2009-03-31, 5:14am

Smile

I hope you guys get a chance to learn from this master! He really is a remarkable person.

I'm headed to Murano this week with two groups of students I coordinated for the scuola going to take a workshop co-taught with him and Shane Fero. I'll check with Lucio and his secretary what his teaching gigs are for the rest of the year and post it here.

Ciao!! I'll be in touch. DO take advantage of this mini workshop! A two day is very unusual. Sharon is always great at making the workshops very affordable.

Old 2009-04-02, 9:00pm

Correction on website link....it is ....Inspiredfire.com.....
Old 2009-04-02, 9:04pm

Forgot one more important information. Lucio will also be teaching Thursday, June 18th & Friday, June 19th. The classes on these two days will be from 10-2 p.m. The classes for these days are only $325. He will be having openings during the evenings and will need to rest in between times ;o). Please give us a call at (765)474-1981 or email us at Inspiredfire@aol.com Thanks so much Ofilia for posting!!!
Old 2009-04-23, 10:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Fire Glass View Post
Forgot one more important information. Lucio will also be teaching Thursday, June 18th & Friday, June 19th. The classes on these two days will be from 10-2 p.m. The classes for these days are only $325. He will be having openings during the evenings and will need to rest in between times ;o). Please give us a call at (765)474-1981 or email us at Inspiredfire@aol.com Thanks so much Ofilia for posting!!!
My pleasure, Sharon! Anything for Lucio and you......

Lucio does not have any workshops planned in the States the rest of the year, so if Sharon has not already filled these four days up, you will need to wait until 2010 to see what transpires. If any of you are interrested in a Murano workshop experience, let me know. In 2010, I'll be coordinating workshops for spring and fall. Each year, it just gets better and better! Having great students always makes the world of difference.

Old 2009-06-13, 8:12am

Smile

Just a reminder, this event is this coming week! Watching Lucio work at the torch is nothing short of mesmorizing! The man knows how to bring out the seductive quality of glass like no other figure maker in my eyes .

I'll be there with a huge smile watching my friend do his thing...... come join us! Sharon is a wonderful and gracious host. You'll love her studio.

Ciao tutti, ce vediamo a dopo (Hi/or goodby, everyone, see you later!),

Ofilia

Old 2009-06-15, 12:12pm
I fart diamonds

I have a long drive from Florida but I'm so excited!! Who else is going to the Sat-Sun class?

Old 2009-06-15, 7:13pm

I'm currently #1 on the wait list... fingers crossed.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:55pm
Formerly known as LT

I will be there also. I can't wait to see Lucio work again! Lynda I hope you are able to come. Shawnette looking forward to meeting you. Ofilia see you Friday!

Old 2009-06-16, 10:57am
Shelarious

I'll be going to the Sat-Sun class! It'll be great to meet everyone!

Old 2009-06-16, 11:28am
Oooooh Sparkly!

You guys are so lucky!!! Take lots of pictures for us, pretty please
Old 2009-06-16, 12:45pm
Shelarious

Oh, I wanted to say that I got some info in the mail, not sure if it's because I emailed looking for more information of if everyone got the same info (most likely), but she stuck a post-it note on it and suggested bringing favorite tools. Just FYI.

Old 2009-06-16, 1:22pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshelle View Post
Oh, I wanted to say that I got some info in the mail, not sure if it's because I emailed looking for more information of if everyone got the same info (most likely), but she stuck a post-it note on it and suggested bringing favorite tools. Just FYI.
Lucio is a very minimalist tool user. Tweezers, knife or blade, scissors, torch top marver....

It will be great! Enjoy your classes everyone! See you all Friday evening!

Old 2009-06-16, 2:25pm

I'm in!!

Woohoo!
Old 2009-06-16, 4:15pm
Shelarious

Oh, that's great, Lynda, fellow Cincinnatian!

Old 2009-06-16, 4:39pm
I fart diamonds

Anybody wanna share a room? (I don't snore and my feet don't stink...)

Old 2009-06-16, 5:12pm

I'd be interested in sharing.

I had looked at the Hilton Garden today. Prices weren't too bad. Do you already have a room booked?
Old 2009-06-16, 5:49pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
I'd be interested in sharing.

I had looked at the Hilton Garden today. Prices weren't too bad. Do you already have a room booked?
Nope. I'm one of those last minute people. If you want to book, I'll split it with you. That's the hotel that was suggested, but I'm not particular. I've stayed in every class hotel from Skank to Five Star Resort.

Old 2009-06-16, 6:13pm
needs creative tagline

Info from a local - the Hilton is good. There is also a Holiday Inn in downtown Lafayette that's only about 1/2 mile further down the road and its nice too. The Union Club hotel on Purdue campus may be less expensive than either of those if you can get it (there's new student orientation going on this week so it might be more full). For anyone looking to stay for less expense, I can give you more options that are farther away.

If you're interested in a specific kind of food, I'm happy to give recommendations on that too.

Laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2009-06-16, 8:21pm
I fart diamonds

I just booked the Holiday Inn, Lafayette Center for $69 on Hotwire. (It's the 3-star choice).

Old 2009-06-17, 6:54pm

Woohoo!! Can't wait!
Old 2009-06-25, 11:26pm
Formerly known as LT

This was a wonderful workshop!! Sharon is the best host! Thanks to Ofilia also for making the trip. It was great to meet all of you.