Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-07-25, 9:55am
LE Partner

Default Guess Who's Coming to Texas!! Akihiro Ohkama!!

We are very excited to announce that Aki is coming back to teach in our studio in 2010. His first visit was so awesome that we knew we had to have him come again. Here are the details that we have so far. Please call if you have any questions or if you would like to register.

Akihiro Ohkama: “Butterfly Murrini & 3D Flowers”

Thursday- Sunday, Feb. 11-14, 2010
9:00 am - 6:00 pm Daily

Besides spending 2 days constructing your own Butterfly Murrinis, we'll explore Mosaic beads and 3D flowers as well as unique and very interesting techniques. Using Effetre Glass and Volcano Torches.
$Tuition nearly Determined Call 888-554-2323 to Reserve your spot!

Here are some other opportunities for your lampwork education...

Dave Butts: Encased Floral Beads

Sat., September 19, 2009
9:30 am- 6:00 pm
at Heritage Glass Studio, New Braunfels

Highly recommended!! In this class we will cover both Flat encasing techniques as well as Multi-Layered encasing techniques. We'll pull customized petal and leaf cane as well as green stone, talk about bottom-up construction and cover various flower designs to incorporate into your beads. When you put them all together, you will get a garden that is ever changing depending on your light source. The colors will shift and the shadows will dance and move as you rotate your beads. Lunch is provided.
$175 per student Call 888-554-2323 to register

Dave Butts: Advanced Hollows

Sun., September 20, 2009
9:30 am - 5:00 pm

In this class we will be taking the hollow bead beyond the basics. Using the hollow bead as our base, we will learn create perfume bottles, vessels, light-weight figurines, and other fanciful pieces of art. Lunch is provided.
Only $150 per student Call 888-554-2323 to register

Kathy Johnson: Horses and More

Sat., Oct. 10 and Sun., Oct. 11, 2009
9:30- 5:00 both days-

Great class for anyone interested in working glass in sculptural forms!
If you love horses this is the class for you! This class will cover in-depth how to make a horse come to life with hot glass and tools!
Lunch is provided both days.
CHECK OUT KATHY'S HORSE BEADS AT glassexpressions.com
$395 per student Call 888-554-2323 to register

Leah Fairbanks: Special Techniques in Glass Beadmaking

Two-Day Class
Sat., Nov. 7th & Sun., Nov. 8th, 2009
TIME: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm

CLASS DESCRIPTION: In this workshop, Leah will increase your skill level and expand your knowledge of beadmaking. Some of the techniques that will be covered will include floral and cased canes, surface decorations, feathering, several different types of latticino canes and clear casing. There will be an emphasis placed on design, color blending, and precise application of surface decorations with a focus on florals, perfecting your bead shapes and refining ends.

$425 per student Call 888-554-2323 to register

Gail Crosman Moore: Beadmaking with Boro and Feltmaking

www.gailcrosmanmoore.com

Intro to Borosilicate Beadmaking

Friday, January 15, 2010
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM

In this one day workshop we will explore and celebrate the unpredictability of borosilicate glass. Through the use of layering and fuel ratio we will discover some of the limitless possibilities in using this fine material. Emphasis on the nuances of reading heat, viscosity & workability will be covered.

$225 per student Bring your own "Didymiums"!

Intro to Borosilicate Beadmaking with Gail Crosman Moore

Saturday, January 16, 2010

In this one day workshop we will explore and celebrate the unpredictability of borosilicate glass. Through the use of layering and fuel ratio we will discover some of the limitless possibilities in using this fine material. Emphasis on the nuances of reading heat, viscosity & workability will be covered.

$225 per student Bring your own "Didymiums"!

If you are interested in taking TWO DAYS of Intro to Boro, the Saturday class will offer a slightly different pallet and different bead shapes to explore. The cost of Saturday's class to returning Friday's students is $175, plus nominal cost of specific extra Northstar Boro colors needed or desired.

Felt as a Sculptural Vehicle

Sunday, January 17, 2010

This “Felt as a Sculptural Vehicle” class will expose you to a whole new
world! Wool fleece can be molded, rolled, prodded and pressed into ANY shape
you need or want to express an idea, build a house or simply to adorn your
body. We will go through the many different ways that you can manipulate
this most versatile material as a means to an end, using both wet and dry
felting techniques.
$185 per student Your class fee includes your felting kit and a delicious lunch!

Kim Fields: “Flowers and Birds”

Sat & Sunday, Feb. 27th & 28th, 2010
10:00 am - 6:00 pm (Classes usually go a little longer...)

This 2 Day Intermediate-Advanced workshop is designed to strengthen your skills as a beadmaker and assist you in achieving your own unique designs. We'll create several floral and bird beads using a variety of techniques.

$425 per student Call 888-554-2323 to register!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You matter to us!
Old 2009-07-25, 11:54am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

OMG you guys have got a serious fabulous line-up! I wish I lived closer to Texas, good luck!

Old 2009-07-28, 7:46am
LE Partner

Thanks Suzanne! We are looking forward to a very busy Fall and Winter! Wish you could be here - we have actually had one student travel from Australia to take one of our classes, so you never know!

You matter to us!
Old 2009-07-28, 8:30am

He did a demo at the Gathering. I was in awe.

WOW, just WOW.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2009-07-28, 1:42pm
Wild at Heart!

Akihiro is wonderful! I loved his class
He is so talented.... although I have to say I was a bit nervous picking him up from the airport when he came here. My Japanese is not so good. lol

Anyone who goes will have a wonderful time. I was amazed at what I was able to acomplish in that class. The lilly bead I made is still one of my favorite beads I've ever made.... I need to get the Satake out again and play with it!

Kristi

??