Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-07-08, 7:48pm
DSDWC

Default I need someplace warm to teach in January

I have an opening in the schedule during January and will really need some warm weather if I am going to survive the winter.
Anyone out there want to help me break up the winter blues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-08, 7:55pm

Ha....I'm always saying I'll schedule in the fall or winter. I guess your winters must be extremely cold.

Old 2009-07-08, 8:46pm
"Sinners have soul too"

What's winter??

Old 2009-07-08, 8:48pm

Don't you remember? You know, like when it's 60...brrrrrr.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
What's winter??

Old 2009-07-08, 8:58pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oohhh *winter*... yes, my thresh hold is anything below 70... I'm such a wimp. I have flannel pajama bottoms and long sleeve t-shirt on, it's 63 outside according to my thermometer.

Old 2009-07-09, 2:46am

How about Arrow Springs. It's California. How cold can it ever be in California.

Old 2009-07-09, 4:03am

LMAO 'how cold could it be in california... Say that to the people living in northern california lmao...
Old 2009-07-09, 5:49am
DSDWC

I'll be In Fresno in October, Arrow Springs in May 2010 and The Mandrel in Sept 2010 So California is pretty well covered for the next year.

Sure wish there was a studio in Key West!!!

Last edited by Trey Cornette; 2009-07-09 at 5:57am.
Old 2009-07-09, 5:53am

You should come to Austin....although they say we are going to have winter this year. It's been so long I can't remember the last time I got my coat out of the closet!
-elaine
Old 2009-07-09, 5:57am

Well, that lets US out for January! lol... I hope you find your warm spot, Trey. You deserve it.

As one of your students, I can testify that YOU are a FANTASTIC teacher and have TONS to offer your students.

All the best,

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-07-09, 6:02am
DSDWC

Thanks Sue

I will be at the Blue Moon in February so you Austin folks will be helping me through the worst of my seasonal Depression

Old 2009-07-09, 7:08am

What about Ron & Rocio's studio in Cocoa Beach, Fl? I think that would be awesome.
Old 2009-07-09, 10:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb View Post
What about Ron & Rocio's studio in Cocoa Beach, Fl? I think that would be awesome.
That's a great idea because, as Ed's brother lives just down the road, we could visit and harass...er, I mean... help you...! Oooooooh, yessssss.

Old 2009-07-09, 10:54pm

Hey Trey,

Its REALLY nice and warm down here in Australia in January.............. er..... actually really really HOT if I am being completely honest.

Still.... we would really love to have you down this way, maybe the glass museum in Canberra would organise something, although the fishing is not too hot there the glass is!

Nat

Old 2009-07-11, 7:27pm
DSDWC

You know, I'm thinking a fishing trip to Key west might be the best way to cure the winter blues.

Old 2009-07-12, 7:57am

What about your HULA girls?
Old 2009-07-12, 11:44am
DSDWC

They're back in Maui.
I am sure to visit them the first chance I get.
Man do I love Maui!

Old 2009-07-12, 11:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsprat View Post
Hey Trey,

Its REALLY nice and warm down here in Australia in January.............. er..... actually really really HOT if I am being completely honest.

Still.... we would really love to have you down this way, maybe the glass museum in Canberra would organise something, although the fishing is not too hot there the glass is!

Nat
I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Vanessa

|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-07-13, 5:55am
DSDWC

I would love to come to Australia. Its just not in the cards for a couple of years. I am Daddy daycare for my 2 year old son Monday - Friday 7am-4pm. Until he is either old enough to travel or is in school I am limited to shorter teaching trips. When I get to Australia I will definitely be doing a walk about and will need some time that is just not available right now.
Its good to know that I am wanted down under and I will for sure be coming down for a visit in the future!!!

Old 2009-07-25, 4:11pm
Catchen' the Sun

How about Tennessee the Firecrackers are always ready for a class.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2009-07-25, 4:15pm
In search of her path....

i just have to laugh (only because trey is only in ky and its warmer there than here) because my bf's family is looking to move down to tennesee because its so much warmer there than here and we are only like 8-9 hours away straight north lol. The warmth and the horse industry down there....thats their big draw.

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2009-07-25 at 4:23pm.
Old 2009-07-25, 4:18pm
Catchen' the Sun

its not too bad here in the winter. i only wear a jacket for a few weeks just a sweater the rest of the time. where in tennessee is he loking at?

Old 2009-07-25, 4:22pm
In search of her path....

They are looking around murfeesboro...my bf's sister and husband and kids are already pretty much committed to moving there her husband transfered to a new division of the company he works for down there driving truck....the kids start school in august and they are tryin to get a place situated to live before then. They thought they had a house but the real estate agent never submitted their acceptance of the banks counter offer. grumble....anyway since his sis has 2 kids his parents are probally going to move down there to or live 1/2 there 1/2 here and take their horses down there permanently.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-07-25, 4:26pm
Catchen' the Sun

thats middle tn i'm farther east about 2-3 hours depending on how you drive. let me know when you visit we will get together.

Old 2009-07-25, 9:05pm

Awe come on... you could come here and go skiing.

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall