LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2006-01-21, 7:58pm
Formerly SirWatson

Default Beer Stein/Mug Tutorial!

Okay, you asked for it...you got it! I just completed the "sought after" beer stein tutorial!

Be sure to post pictures of your beer stein beads and even your BEER-RINGS! I'd love to see them!

Thanks...and enjoy!!!

Please note: It may take a while to load since there are a lot of pictures.

http://www.sirwatson.com/tutorials/b...beerrings.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-01-21, 8:50pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Excellent tut, Karla!!! Very cute beads too. Thanks for putting this together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-01-22, 8:17am

Very nicely done, Karla! Thanks! I'll have to try one of these today...
Old 2006-01-22, 8:52am
Crispy Critter

Great tutorial, TY. I give it 5 stars!

Old 2006-01-22, 3:02pm
Flossy-Flossy

Look good enough to drink!

Old 2006-01-22, 7:55pm
Formerly SirWatson

I'm glad ya'll are liking it! Don't forget to post your beer mugs!

<><
Old 2006-01-29, 11:41am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Great tutorial, Karla. I especially like your tip on "building" handles!!! Thanks.

Old 2006-01-30, 11:33am
over the moon space cadet

Hi Karla!!!
Great tutorial!
I can finally make a bead DH will wear....lol.

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2006-02-03, 7:49am
Anyone need some spacers?

If you wanted a few bubbles you could put a tiny bit of baking soda on the Light Topaz/Amber part of the bead. I think this is adoriable. Thanks for the tutorial Karla.

Old 2006-02-06, 9:28am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch Temptress
If you wanted a few bubbles you could put a tiny bit of baking soda on the Light Topaz/Amber part of the bead. I think this is adoriable. Thanks for the tutorial Karla.
Thanks for the tip! I thought I had a short sentence about that under "Variations". Either way....I plan on doing that with my next "round of beer".

<><
Old 2006-02-24, 12:06am
Metallic Flame Studios

Karla,

Can I pdf this and file it over at MWPF's to share there????

Stac

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2006-03-12, 1:38pm
CRAZY4PETS

Default How About Pan Crust Pizza & Beer???

LOL LOL I HAD A SET OF 6 PEPPERONI AND EXTRA CHEESE PIZZA SLICES WITH BEER MUG FOCAL BUT THAT PIC WAS TOO BIG TO UPLOAD SO HERE IS A PART OF THAT SET I MADE BACK IN OCTOBER. JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT GET A GOOD LAUGH OUT OF IT OR THE MUNCHIES. LOL LOL THAT NIGHT I THINK I WAS HUNGRY AND ALSO MADE SOME HOTDOG BEADS AS WELL. LOL

Thanks

PAULA

LOVE YOUR PETS AND THEY WILL LOVE YOU BACK
Old 2006-03-19, 10:21pm
Formerly SirWatson

Ooh...great job, Paula! Don't making those beer beads make you thirsty? I'd love to see one of your hot dog beads!

Stacy - You're more than welcome to use this tut on the MWPF site!

<><
Old 2006-03-20, 5:34am
borobucaneer

Love the pizza beads!!
Old 2006-03-20, 9:45pm
CRAZY4PETS

Smile Hot dog

Thanks, LOL

The beer mugs don't really make me thirsty as I don't like beer, but if it was a screwdriver, then that would be a different story. LOL LOL LOL or a strawberry frozen mudslide, YUM. Sorry bartender coming out in me as I bartended for 15 years prior to switching to the medical field that I am in now and have been now for 8 years.

Tried a margarita bead last night but the glass came out a little warped. Had salted rim and all. LOL LOL

Hot dog? I can show you the hot dog.

Here is the hot dog. I think I had the munchies that night. Pizza, hot dogs, and had a cheeseburger too but must have deleted the picture of that as I no longer have that one. LOL LOL The hot dog I saw in one of my bead books so gave it a shot. It is in no way as nice as the one in my book but I tried. I love making animal beads mostly but like to try different things once in a while. My next thought was to make another hot dog bead and then add a tail to it, legs, and a dachshund's head. LOL LOL LOL

Just made a cool ice cream cone set last night. Just strung it on wire and have not had time to take pics of it yet. I will take pics on Tuesday. Makes me want ice cream. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate chip cones and focal has a cherry on top. LOL LOL LOL

PAULA

LOVE YOUR PETS AND THEY WILL LOVE YOU BACK
Old 2006-03-21, 8:23am
Formerly SirWatson

What a fantastic hot dog! I need to try my hand at one of those some time.

<><
Old 2006-03-21, 1:00pm

That just rocks! I had to give it a shot.

cracks me up every time I look at it.

Old 2006-03-21, 1:10pm
Formerly SirWatson

Ooh! That's awesome! I like how it looks like dark beer! It makes me want a nice, cool Amber Bock!

<><
Old 2006-03-21, 1:19pm

What? Nobody thought of green beer for St. Patty's day? Rats- now I have to try it! lol

Love the tute. Let's see if I have any skill.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2006-03-22, 6:19pm
slightly glass obsessed

Default green beer!

I had a little contest for all my beading students and studio members - "The Best St. Patty's Day Bead!" and one of our amazing beaders, Andi (lavendar420), made some awesome green beer mugs! I love em! And I've been meaning to post a picture of her bead and I just haven't gotten around to it (which obviously won the contest!) - but when I saw Sue posted about the lack of St. Patrick's day green beer beads, I had to respond and give Andi a little shout out

her bead rocks! I promise I'll post a picture as soon as I get the chance!

-Leah
Old 2006-04-09, 12:57am
Beadmaking.nl

Karla, Thanks for your tutorial. I really like it! As soon as I have finished one, I will place a photo.
Old 2006-04-19, 7:51am
Formerly SirWatson

Yes! Pictures please!

<><
Old 2006-04-23, 8:57am

Cool

Thanks for the excellent tutorial. I've been trying to think of something to make for my brothers (since there wives and daughters have received so many pieces). This would be a perfect keychain for a manly man.
Thanks again!
Old 2006-05-02, 6:49am

Great tutorial- I finally tried this when Shadowsong came over to play and walked me through. I'll be making lots more

:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2006-05-02, 7:31am

thanks so much for posting this!
ro
Old 2006-05-10, 8:14am
Formerly SirWatson

Great job, Jessica! I love the dark amber! It totally makes me want to have a nice glass of Amber Bock!

<><
Old 2006-09-16, 8:48pm

Hi,

I'm brand new here as of Sep 16, 06 and just starting to learn bead making. I think it is wonderful you all share your ideas here and I am looking forward to many more visits here.

June Ayerza
Old 2015-06-05, 9:46am
I fart diamonds

https://web.archive.org/web/20070720...beerrings.aspx

Old 2015-06-05, 12:22pm

Smile

Shawnette, thanks for posting this link for the beer stein. Couldn't use the other one posted initially. Lydia