LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-02-04, 5:01pm

Default Little smith torch question

I think I may buy a Little smith torch, I was wondering if there is a way to set it up on my concentrator and propane tank for my m-8 torch without buying a second regulator set up. I'm sure there is a way with splitters and gas valves but I don't want to try doing this without recommendations from more experienced people at this.
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
Old 2014-02-04, 5:48pm

Hi Bob. I just put quick disconnects on the propane tank and the concentrator and can change both sets of hoses (Smith and Minor) as needed. Takes all of 30 seconds or so.
Old 2014-02-04, 6:12pm

If you are planning to run them both at the same time (I sometimes have) you might want to get a connector that will allow you to hook your Smith to a 1 lb propane tank instead of your regular tank. A splitter will let you run the torches off the concentrator. The Smith doesn't take much pressure on either one.

Robert
Old 2014-02-04, 6:21pm

Thank you both. Robert, I probably will never run both at the same time. On the quick disconnects, Do you need a special disconnect for the gas side.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2014-02-04, 7:02pm
Uh Oh....

I just use splitters on both propane and on my concentrator. Both torches are hooked up all the time so I don't need to disconnect anything.

Old 2014-02-05, 6:54am

Gas quick connects are different, reverse threaded and usually with red on them.Oxygen quick connects have regular threads and a green banding.

Robert
Old 2014-02-05, 7:17am

Ty local welding shop should have them.

Old 2014-02-12, 6:38pm

I just bought a pair of T connectors with a cut off valve on one side. That side is the one I will hook my little torch to. I bought the set of connectors from Mountain Glass Arts. $65 for the set.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams