Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-07-09, 4:00am

Default Mixing Color

I would like to know if it's common practice to mix color with clear? I'm playing with this a bit and since nobody seems to talk about it, I'm curious. I'm mostly curious about the silver colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-09, 5:59am
ManBearPig

Some people do it. It can give interesting results. I personally don't do it too much with silver colors because it traps a lot of haze in there and it doesn't strike the same. But I have done a lot of mixing sparkles with transparents and stuff like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-09, 6:22am

Thanks Cosmo, that answers my question.

Old 2010-06-16, 3:11am
Leda

Hi Cosmo,

What are "sparkles?" Thx!

Leda
Old 2010-06-16, 5:42am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmorganc View Post
Hi Cosmo,

What are "sparkles?" Thx!

Leda
Colors with sparkle in them...

Neptune Sparkle, Bronze Sparkle, Disco Sparkle, Steel Wool, Unobtainium, etc.

Old 2010-06-16, 5:47am

I do color mixing for my flowers. Chinese white is the bestest but it is way to dense to be used alone. I mix with clear and then add a bit of blush, yellow, or any other color to just take it off being stark white. BTW, chinese white doesn't bubble ~ Happy dance!

Old 2010-06-16, 6:22pm
Borovangelist

I love mixing in borostix blush pink with clear to thin it out. You can get a really faint pink or some warm looking translucent pink depending on the saturation.

|
|
Old 2010-06-16, 6:31pm

blush is sooooo yummy. I will try to get a photo of some of the color mixing.. subtle shades

Old 2010-06-16, 7:11pm

Quick shot with borostix buttercup, blush and lobster in different amounts. Don't have any of the Chinese white and clear mixed at the moment.

Old 2010-06-16, 7:42pm
product of the universe

When i first got the china white i mixed it with a bunch of different colors.
Attached Images

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-06-16, 7:45pm
product of the universe

Here is a vid i made of one way to mix colors. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=60607219

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-06-17, 5:02am

Great mixes, Chris! Love the vid using a drill. As you can tell, I mix small amounts by hand and don't mix in all the way. I like the varigated look for flower petals.