Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-12-27, 10:07pm

Default graphite molds for ear gauges

I'm getting into making ear gauges, and want to get a graphite mold with holes for the various ear gauge sizes. Something like a marble mold, but with cylindrical holes rather than hemispherical ones. I've been looking around, but can't find anything like I'm looking for yet. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?
Old 2013-12-27, 10:40pm
Mr Brutus RIP

There was a thread on here that had a link to a video of someone making them. In the video the guy had a graphite mold for them. Unfortunately when I went back to find it last month it was gone. I was thinking it would be great for donna cgbeads to make one since there seems to be others like myself who would love one! If you have a mold idea perhaps you could talk to her...... donna felkner cgbeads.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-12-28, 11:37pm

Yeah, I saw one a couple of days ago on youtube. I've done some more looking, and there's some places that could make one for me. I haven't inquired as to the cost yet. I'm familiar with Donna's beads. Does she do custom graphite work too?
Old 2013-12-29, 9:48am

Donna makes beadrollers (CG Beadrollers) as well as beads. I think she is always looking for new ideas for beadrollers. I would definitely contact her.

Old 2013-12-29, 6:03pm
BeadsonCypress

I think CG Beadrollers is the ticket!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2013-12-29, 6:26pm
Hobby Junkie

If she has a pandora sized barrel bead roller, that would work for plugs. Just punty up the glass to a 4mm rod and roll it like you would a bead

Old 2013-12-29, 8:45pm
Gonna get blow'd up!

I make plugs freehand at the moment, but I've just ordered a massive block of graphite which I'm going to have CNCd. It will have 5mm-35mm plugs milled in it, in 1mm increments. Aside from something like that, I would suggest making your own unless you plan on making only a few sizes of plugs.