Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-02-13, 12:10pm
wiz

Default Handmade lampworking tools - Etsy Store Grand Opening!

My handmade lampworking tools are now available for sale on Etsy.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For free shipping, put in coupon code FREESHIP, just until the end of the month

Arrowhead Marver

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Octagonal Brass Reamer

Texture Mashers

Heavy Duty Leaf Mashers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Handblown Beads and Lampworking Tools --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-13, 6:50pm

Hey Shawn! Welcome!

We talked briefly at the Tucson Bead Show. Gonna add the base?

- Alpha

Old 2014-02-14, 8:46am
wiz

Yah, there will be an optional brass base much like you saw at Tucson. It will be an additonal $10 but won't add much to shipping.

The connection piece that you see in the photo above is already included and can be used to attach to a workstation you've already got.

Old 2014-02-14, 9:29pm

Shawn, so glad you are going public with your tools. I love the ones I have bought from you at Glass stock ( Leaf masher and texture tool). Question about the arrowhead. What do you attach it to? I don't expect shipping to canada could be free. Can you give me and idea on that cost? I actually have a washington address i could send it to but then have to drive 5 hours to get it. By the way all the help you gave me on my connections has REALLY helped. Can't thank you enough
Donna Brayshaw
Old 2014-02-15, 8:26am

Hi Shawn - do you have any other pictures of leaves made with the leaf masher? It's hard to tell how deeply veined the press is with the picture in the listing.
Jenny

Old 2014-02-15, 6:46pm

Hey Shawn -is there any real difference, like say, "gap" between the ability of either pair of leaf mashers or can both leaf masher plates actually meet/press any thickness of glass so there's no gap between the leaf plates? (sorry, having trouble expressing what I'm trying to ask - forgive me, two brain surgeries has my wording a little scrambled).
Old 2014-02-16, 8:19am
szglassy

Love the textured marker!!
Old 2014-02-21, 12:44pm
wiz

Quote:
Shawn, so glad you are going public with your tools. I love the ones I have bought from you at Glass stock ( Leaf masher and texture tool). Question about the arrowhead. What do you attach it to? I don't expect shipping to canada could be free. Can you give me and idea on that cost? I actually have a washington address i could send it to but then have to drive 5 hours to get it. By the way all the help you gave me on my connections has REALLY helped. Can't thank you enough
Thanks and you're very welcome for the help, Donna!

The arrowhead marver comes with an attachment mount. You can attach it to any base (a block of wood, metal, or directly to your worktable). I'll be providing a version that comes with a base shortly, but it will add about $10 to the price. I suggest mounting it directly below your torch. You can then slide it out of the base mount for any handheld paddle work you might want to do, and then back in for anything you'd otherwise need three hands to do.

Right now I only have shipping set up to the US, but I'll be happy to look up shipping to anywhere in the world and make a special listing for you. I recommend priority mail - the small flat rate box will fit it nicely. Donna, I wouldn't want you to have to drive that far unless you were coming down to Washington anyhow.

Quote:
Hi Shawn - do you have any other pictures of leaves made with the leaf masher? It's hard to tell how deeply veined the press is with the picture in the listing.
Jenny
I'll try to get a few more photos. That's a great suggestion. But to answer your implied question, YES this leaf masher makes more deeply veined leaves than many of the others I've seen.

Quote:
Hey Shawn -is there any real difference, like say, "gap" between the ability of either pair of leaf mashers or can both leaf masher plates actually meet/press any thickness of glass so there's no gap between the leaf plates? (sorry, having trouble expressing what I'm trying to ask - forgive me, two brain surgeries has my wording a little scrambled).
No, I think I know what you are asking. There are actually two versions of the leaf mashers. One is the needle nosed pliers. That one is best if you only plan on making thin leaves. If you think you might want BOTH thick and thin leaves, then go with the other set - it can be set to EITHER meet for thin delicate leaves OR press a thicker leaf and remain parallel.

That's one of my favorite tools, too.

Old 2014-04-08, 5:21am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey Shawn, I am so happy to see you selling on Etsy now! Your tools are fabulous, been using his tools for many years and they are still like new! If I didn't already have them all I would buy more, quality handmade tools like this are hard to find these days, love them!
Big hugs from Pittsburgh, xoxo deb

Old 2014-04-21, 1:18am
Lover of Life

I also got your leaf mashers and texture mashers at GSW. They're both fantastic, and I use them regularly. Thanks!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2014-04-22, 10:54am
wiz

Thanks for the plugs, Becky & Deb!

For international and Canadian customers, just convo me and we'll work something out.

I added a new tool to the lineup a couple of weeks ago - its a brass push, used to make holes through a pendant or a vessel. Here's what it looks like:

And here's the finished product:

More new tools coming soon!

Last edited by Shawn Tucker; 2014-05-04 at 5:18pm.
Old 2014-04-28, 9:54am
wiz

A couple of new tools out of graphite...

A new graphite reamer that is a little bigger than the brass one:

And a smaller graphite push tool.

Still have the free shipping on anything in the shop until the end of the month - just a couple of days more!

Old 2014-04-28, 10:48am

Received the brass reamer a few days ago, love it.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2014-04-28, 8:46pm
wiz

Quote:
Received the brass reamer a few days ago, love it.
Cathy: Thanks for your patience while we got in better brass. Glad you like it!

Old 2014-04-29, 12:04am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

You sucked me in with Free Shipping!! Cannot wait to play with your (my) new tools.
Would love to see a video of you using the multi doodad!
Old 2014-05-04, 5:16pm
wiz

Quote:
Jenny
Hi Jenny. Sorry, I finally did get around to taking another photo with the leaf masher. Perhaps this will show you better that the veining is much deeper than most mashers on the market.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-04, 5:17pm
wiz

Quote:
You sucked me in with Free Shipping!! Cannot wait to play with your (my) new tools.
Would love to see a video of you using the multi doodad!
No videos yet, sorry. But the April edition of Soda Lime Times has a tutorial on how to use it!

Old 2014-05-08, 1:26pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hi Shawn, I did read over Hannah's tut again. Yes, it does indeed help to see how she used it. Thanks.
Old 2014-05-17, 9:30pm
Dakine glass man

Sean, I need fin mashers can you hook me up? I have a pair made by a deceased tool maker that I would like to replicate in a couple different sizes

Lampwork by John Lindquist