LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-25, 11:55pm

Default What color is the glass in this picture??

Can anyone tell me what the name of the glass color is that is used in the hot pink, purple, and orange beads?

In the other picture what glass color is used in the baby blue, bright red and dark red beads?

I emailed the artist who made them but I did not receive a response. I kinda figured it was to much trouble but I figured I would give it a try.

But since I know you all are always go the extra mile to try and help answers questions and concerns I decided to post the pictures and see if anyone new what the names were. After all I am new lamp working and it is so hard to buy glass from a color chart and comparing it to someones work to see if it might be a match. Go figure right?? Thanks for every ones help in advance! You all are awesome!
Attached Images

"Its never to late to be what you might have been!"
Old 2011-03-26, 3:06am

Keep in mind the fact that many pictures are massively photoshopped and all monitors are different- some beads only bear a passing resemblance to their photo's. To illustrate the point there are no orange beads in the first photo on my monitor, only a dark yellow that looks a bit like CIM pumpkin. TGhe pink might be rubino oro over white, the purple looks a bit like one of the CIM colours (maybe plum or crocus?)
The transparent blue might be light aqua and the opaque blue could be light sky. Bright red looks like it could be a lauscha transparent and the dark red could be sangria.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-26, 4:14am
sunscreen me baby

My guess for the first picture
hot pink is rubio over heffalump
the yellow is papaya yellow odd (422?)
the transparent purple might be lavender blue but it's hard to tell with the lighting

Second picture:
The light blue is light blue
I think you are right about the trans red being Lauscha
The dark red pastel very well could be dark special red

Those hearts with the silver are pretty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Old 2011-03-26, 5:02am
Wendy

It would be nice if you named the artist considering you're using their pictures.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2011-03-26, 6:09am
Wonderland sounds fun...

It's Cassie Donlen. I know her work anywhere. Sorry, I'm not much help with the colors. I do know she's excellent with her EDP. She really makes it pop.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2011-03-26, 8:32am
Biscuit Lover

Cassie's website says she is on break now.

"March 16th, 2011 Quick note. The Glass Beadle and Tickle Me Beads web site will be on Spring Break starting this Friday, March 18 until Monday, March 27. No orders will be processed or shipped during this time. Things will be slowly back up and running on Monday, March 28. Emails will be answered but please be patient as it might take longer than normal. "
Old 2011-03-26, 9:54am

Yes it is Cassie Donlen. The pictures had her name on them I found then on the web but they didnt show when I copied them. I asked a few months ago but I just figured she was busy. It really wasnt that big of a deal. I was just putting together my first glass order and thought I would ask everyone and pick a few colors to try and make some of those colors since I didnt see anything that looked exact. Maybe my color is off on my monitor and that is why I am seeing them differently then everyone else??? Thanks for everyones help.

Old 2011-03-26, 9:57am
sunscreen me baby

The colors do look off to me as well. So even if you knew what she used, you probably aren't going to get what you see.

~

Old 2011-03-26, 10:19am

Im just starting out and from what I here that color is hard to work with if you dont know what your doing. Since I dont, I think I will stick to some basic colors and see what I come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBeth View Post
It's Cassie Donlen. I know her work anywhere. Sorry, I'm not much help with the colors. I do know she's excellent with her EDP. She really makes it pop.

Old 2011-03-26, 10:20am

I thought that one was pumpkin. Thanks for the suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
Keep in mind the fact that many pictures are massively photoshopped and all monitors are different- some beads only bear a passing resemblance to their photo's. To illustrate the point there are no orange beads in the first photo on my monitor, only a dark yellow that looks a bit like CIM pumpkin. TGhe pink might be rubino oro over white, the purple looks a bit like one of the CIM colours (maybe plum or crocus?)
The transparent blue might be light aqua and the opaque blue could be light sky. Bright red looks like it could be a lauscha transparent and the dark red could be sangria.

Old 2011-03-27, 6:41am
Glass-aholic

Hot pink looks like EDP with either an amethyst or rubino over it. It is definitely encased. So is the other purple. Maybe a pastel sky blue w/ a transparent purple over it.
The bottom pic I think is lt turq. w/ the red dots, and the transparent ones look like trans med aqua w/ sky blue or white dote. The red may just be transparent red w/ the lt pastel aqua dots. My best guess.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-03-27, 7:47am
SCIENCE Teacher!

The hot pink outer layer may be Czech pink tourmaline.
Old 2011-03-27, 9:05am
sunscreen me baby

I doubt it Robin because check tourmaline pink hates pretty much every other color and will crack pretty quickly.

~