Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2023-12-08, 3:25pm
J R Hooper

Default Any of you guys have experience with this supplier?

A B R Imagery...
I put in a order with these guys, think it was Monday and already I've had my card charged twice and had to get a refund, and a substitution for some clear I had ordered that they didn't have in stock and they haven't shipped my order out yet, they said today or Monday. I had never heard of them before, but they had a massive selection of 104 on their site so I went for it. Figured I'd ask if any of you guys have bought anything from them before and what your experience with them was if you had.
No idea if it's okay to ask this sort of thing on the forum, if not feel free to delete it with my apologies LOL.
Old 2023-12-08, 4:45pm

So lots of people buy from them but I think they are assholes.
Old 2023-12-08, 8:07pm
Slogan Challenged...

They have some sort of trouble with their billing. They sent me an invoice for an order they had shipped months ago, and I had to sort it out with proof of payment. They were nice enough about it, but i only buy from them once in a while anyway.

They are likely to have some hard to find color squirreled away somewhere, but I dont like paying for shipping. Frantz spoiled me

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2023-12-11, 9:57am

Uhg... ABR... they are legitimate... but are my supplier of last resort. Their customer service, website, and shipping/billing practices all suck. I only order from them if none of the other suppliers have what I need in stock, despite them being the closest supplier to me at just a 2 hour drive west of where I am.
Old 2023-12-11, 12:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingreenbmx View Post
Uhg... ABR... they are legitimate... but are my supplier of last resort. Their customer service, website, and shipping/billing practices all suck. I only order from them if none of the other suppliers have what I need in stock, despite them being the closest supplier to me at just a 2 hour drive west of where I am.
Don't forget attitude - that sucks worst of all. If I need something only they have I just live without it.
Old 2023-12-12, 9:56am
J R Hooper

I ordered my stuff on Tuesday of last week, and was told it would ship that Friday. The next day, I get on their website to look around and ended up chatting with whomever handles their 'chat' thingie, and they said they didn't have one of the clear rods I had ordered. They substituted super clear, and the next day I get a phone call from ABR telling me they were out of the clear I had ordered (again) so I called them back and again, arranged to sub the super clear. A couple hours later, I got an email from them telling me they had double charged my card for the order, and they refunded the first charge.
That made me a little nervous, but I checked my bank and it looked like they had indeed refunded the first charge. Friday rolls around, and nada. Monday, or yesterday, I called them to see when or if my order was going to ship and the guy told me by the end of the day. Tuesday, today, I get an invoice and a tracking number finally and it looks like it's all in there but the invoice is all to hell with multiple entries for like 1/2 lb. of clear and another entry for 1/3 lb of clear etc.
I will update this thread when I actually get the package, but I was really sweating the process there, especially after reading their google reviews. My final bill was four bucks less than my original order, no idea why or how, but I'm hoping they ship things decently. I think I'll go with Frantz or someone else next time though.
Old 2023-12-12, 11:41am

This is not uncommon for ABR. Sit tight and hope for the best. Then consider not using them next time. Mountain Glass seems to be pretty good, maybe try them next.
Old 2023-12-12, 11:59am

I prefer to order from Lampwork Supply, but they don't have quite the selection many other shops have (and they are boro only, no soft glass). Mountain Glass is great as well and probably has the best selection of any supplier.

I do want to be clear that ABR has always made things right for me in the end. I do not think they are shady or trying to rip anyone off. I have just had more problems with orders from them than I have actually made orders... they just seem unprofessional and barely capable of running their business. the mistakes are all things that if they happened once in every 10-20 orders, you would forgive them. But it's every order... every time... and frequently multiple mistakes per order.
Old 2023-12-22, 10:24pm
Corgi Cult Member

I’ve not had problems with them. When I’ve needed full cases of boro rods I’ve ordered from them.