TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 18.98%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 423 37.70%
Howaco Glass 147 13.10%
islandglass!!! 88 7.84%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.19%
LBSupplies 113 10.07%
Moretti and More 208 18.54%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-06-16, 1:59pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I actually happen to have one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-16, 10:32pm

I'm another vendor but I'm going to speak up just because.....Donna is a great vendor!!! She answers questions, she gives advice and she's funnier than chit! One day I'll be meeting her and I know that I'll have a blast hanging with her.
She's honest about what she sells, she doesn't bash other vendors and hey, She's from Southern California. It doesn't get better than that!!!
Love ya Donna! You hang in there and if you need to vent and get away, come on up. You know the way We can drown our sorrows in a few margarita's if you'd like. I'm sooo ready!

Old 2011-06-17, 3:18pm
Tweedle Dumb

Seriously, WTF? I've read through both threads, and I can't believe what I'm reading! Donna rocks. If I wasn't on a spending freeze right now, I'd blow my whole paypal account in her store. This is complete and utter bullshit, and bulls don't even have utters. That's how frickin whacked it is. (I crack me up)

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2011-06-17, 3:20pm
"Sinners have soul too"

You crack me up too! Thanks Jamie!

Old 2011-06-17, 3:40pm

Ok so now I feel bad. At first I felt bad for everyone involved and then I read both threads completely through. I would love for a vendor to help me as much as Donna helped try and find the perfect rubino. I've bought from a few different vendors and no one has been as helpful as I've seen donna be. My next order I'll be going to the mandrel site! I'm so sorry for the deaths you've had in your family. Keep your head up high and remember you have bunches of people supporting you. Ones you know and new ones like me
Old 2011-06-17, 3:44pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2glassgal View Post
Ok so now I feel bad. At first I felt bad for everyone involved and then I read both threads completely through. I would love for a vendor to help me as much as Donna helped try and find the perfect rubino. I've bought from a few different vendors and no one has been as helpful as I've seen donna be. My next order I'll be going to the mandrel site! I'm so sorry for the deaths you've had in your family. Keep your head up high and remember you have bunches of people supporting you. Ones you know and new ones like me
In your defense, Carol speaks sarcastic bitch talk really well. I think most people would read her posts in the other thread and think they were all sincere. I just speak sarcastic bitch a bit better and could read right through it.

Old 2011-06-17, 3:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thank you Marti Ann...

and Amy, you should have a tutorial on speaking Sarcastic Bitch...
I think it would do well!

Old 2011-06-17, 5:10pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
Carol, you really need to back up and re-read all the posts in this situation. Donna looks like a saint, and you're coming across as bat-shit crazy. Seriously, it's fucking rubino. Get over it already.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:09pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I agree!
Jack

Old 2011-06-18, 4:34pm

Well I just went and read that Thread and that chick is Nutting Fucks!
Old 2011-06-18, 5:06pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Nucking Futz...unless the chick is celibate, and then the first spelling could apply.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-06-18, 6:11pm

Oh I knew I would screw that up.
Old 2011-06-18, 7:07pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I dunno - that description is pretty awesome too

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2011-06-18, 8:10pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsGlass View Post
Donna, need a smudge stick? Sending hugs from the north.
ditto.

I'm gonna chime in and say, I haven't read the latest in the rubino thread...I don't need to.

I ordered from Donna once and she's on my list to order from, again. Glass came quickly, well wrapped and was what she said it was, which was a glass that's hard to find and she had a little bit of it.

When I read that Donna was taking one rod at a time to see what they did I thought, this is insane......talk about going to any length to make someone happy. I thought, what's she gonna do with all those rods that have struck ends? she can't sell them. why would she do this for a small sale?

Why???? Because that's Donna's customer service. I took notice and when I have some money to spend she's second on my list to buy from. And I'll be honest, the only reason she's second is because Irene is first, it's my way of saying thank you for her doing the bulk buy. I don't have much to spend, but I spend it where it makes me happy.

I like the small vendors. I like the vendors who don't try to one up the other vendors. There is enough glass to sell to everyone without copy catting what another vendor here in le is doing. That leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and I've picked up on that twice lately and I've shown my support by buying from the one who's toes I think are being stepped on. But that's just me (and I won't be specific, ya either have noticed or not).

so, Donna, happy space clearing and cut cords and remain in your light.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-06-18, 8:25pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thank you Rowyn! It's actually okay that the ends are struck. People don't seem to mind because then we all know that striking red is actually striking red, and orange is orange, etc., and also peeps can see the tone of the rubino. I'm not actually using any of it, just melting/heating the tip to get the color to come out.

I will remain in my light (I really like that phrase!)

namaste

Old 2011-06-18, 8:39pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
This is my favorite post from the Rubino thread and I shall translate it for you.

Translation:

Listen bitch, stay out of this. I don't need your fucking advice. I'm glad I didn't sell you the z99 because not only are you a bitch, but you're a whiner too.

Fuck you very much.

Kiss my ass.

Old 2011-06-18, 8:42pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I you...

Old 2011-06-18, 8:44pm
"Sinners have soul too"

When the heck did she add that "Prayer changes everything" under her screen name...

I *know* that wasn't there the whole time. Or am I *nutting fucks* now??

Old 2011-06-19, 8:07am
Honey Badger

LMAO, Amy!!!
Old 2011-06-19, 8:36am
Storm Queen

Old 2011-06-19, 9:30am
Master Procrastinator

Funny thing is I have no knowledge of what she's talking about. Was going to reply in the thread, but thought it best not to engage her. I like your version SO much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
This is my favorite post from the Rubino thread and I shall translate it for you.

Translation:

Listen bitch, stay out of this. I don't need your fucking advice. I'm glad I didn't sell you the z99 because not only are you a bitch, but you're a whiner too.

Fuck you very much.

Kiss my ass.

Old 2011-06-19, 4:37pm

Oh thankyou, Amy that makes so much more sense.
Old 2011-06-19, 8:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

That right there is comedic GOLD.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2011-06-19, 8:38pm
Duchess of Dichro

That's our Amy

Old 2011-08-07, 1:35pm
Tweedle Dumb

Dear God. Pandora's box has been reopened.

Old 2011-08-07, 1:43pm
Nikki Haverstock

I want to know something. They said that the thread was originally started out of spite? Can someone tell me what that was about? Feel free to PM me
Old 2011-08-07, 1:44pm
"Sinners have soul too"

It has?? Where? Quick, slam it back shut!

Old 2011-08-07, 1:46pm
Tweedle Dumb

Didn't this one get locked down? I'm sure it did. But now I can't find the posts that caused it to be locked down. Corri must have cleaned it up.

Old 2011-08-07, 2:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
Dear God. Pandora's box has been reopened.
huh?

Old 2011-08-07, 2:21pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I think it just means that the thread has been unlocked.