Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-09-09, 5:06pm

Love those eyes, is there a tutorial hanging around anywhere for those?

J. Krishnamurti

[url]www.BlownAFuseGlass.etsy.com
Old 2011-09-09, 6:20pm

click here for my first tute

I also wrote a more comprehensive one for the Flow last year, I think it was spring or summer edition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-09-09, 8:06pm

Wicked's tutural is what got me started in making these. I was inspired; his glass eyes are great!

The way I make my iris is a combo of Wicked's technique plus a few other tutorials that I found. The socket is simply a gather on an 18mm rod, deocrated with a color or pattern and then heat the heck out of it. Press the eye into the socket. If you want it deeper, heat the socket from the backside and then press down as if making a maria.

Download Bails Made Easy & Homefill adapter tutorials free.
Old 2011-09-09, 9:16pm
boro color bender

So much nice work in here...

Here are a few more... can't wait to post pics of the ones I made yesterday... Oregon is awesome... I love torching here!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-09-09, 9:29pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGoddessDesigns View Post

NEBULA ~ By Misty

POSEIDON ~ By Lisa

[/color]

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-09-09, 9:44pm
Bernhard Riegler

beautiful pendants Brent - so nice to see your magic is alive and well

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Old 2011-09-10, 7:23am

I just came back from Eugene Oregon I was at Glass Stock which was held at Eugene Glass School. It was five days of teaching from different artist from all over the US. Best glass gathering ever. So I love torching in Oregon too Brent. I will apply to go there next year too, if anyone else wants to apply for next year I would recommend it. I'll add the link for the info.
www.debcrowley.com

Old 2011-09-10, 7:37am

Thanks Wicked and Indy. I'll give it a try as soon as South Florida cools down and dries out a bit.

J. Krishnamurti

[url]www.BlownAFuseGlass.etsy.com
Old 2011-09-10, 9:05am
AKA Annan Designs

Awesome work, folks! Brent, those last few you posted are really beautiful! Love those colors. Your work always catches my eye but those are really over the top.

Give the kids a big hug from us.

Peg
Old 2011-09-10, 9:44am

Really nice hearts Mr Smiley
Here is an angler fish

#C-151
Old 2011-09-10, 11:28am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Brent - your hearts have just moved up to a whole new level. Your past hearts were beautiful, your new ones (above) are truly amazing.

Old 2011-09-10, 2:31pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Oooooh.... I love your new hearts. They are beautiful. I especially like the way they eminate from the center. I feel thier esthetics are very organic and really, really amazing!
Thanks for sharing your pics. Jerry's wife (gmkcpa)

Old 2011-09-10, 3:08pm

Soooo much amazing art glass. Seriously, this is one of my favorite S&T posts. (And yes, I have read them all.) Beautiful pendants, killer sculpture, sweet marbles, scary pendants, crazy cool medicine rattles, classy bottle stoppers, and even more sexy pendants!

And the best part is... its only the 10th!
Old 2011-09-10, 7:30pm

something im making for our own Jill Knapp
Old 2011-09-10, 9:29pm

fantastic Diver,honu and clown fish sculpture

#C-151
Old 2011-09-11, 4:08am

Wow, so many wonderful pieces this month!
I tried some switchbacks again and again..
Attached Images

Old 2011-09-11, 7:51am

Wow those switch backs are beautiful. For some reason when I do this technique it doesn't switch smoothly. I think maybe I heat to broad of an area.

Old 2011-09-14, 8:50am
pedal as fast as you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPiGlass View Post
Wow, so many wonderful pieces this month!
I tried some switchbacks again and again..

That's a tutorial I would pay for ! Beautiful pieces !

Old 2011-09-15, 9:27pm

Thank you for your comment, deb tarry, Craig!!

As for a tutorial, if I were good at English, I could do that...
Old 2011-09-16, 2:33am
pedal as fast as you can

Pictures are worth a thousand words as its said.

Old 2011-09-16, 5:58am

I hope someday i will be able to do implosions and marbles...dang everyones work is gorgeous!

nothing as nice or fancy here...just playing and experimenting with unmarked shorts and scraps....... there are 6 green/shiny gold beads in the top photo ( sorry camera didnt pick it up ) but they are soo pretty in person, it was a black rod that reduced to a metallic at the end...wish i knew what it was cause its yummy!!!

Old 2011-09-16, 8:49am

Gorgeous beads. Your colors are fabulous.

Old 2011-09-16, 1:07pm
Misty And Lisa

PapiGlass - Beautiful pendant!

littlecrowartglass - Beautiful colors! Black rod? Hmmm maybe Black Pearl.

~Lisa

|
|

Old 2011-09-16, 7:03pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Those beads are so beautiful. You say you are "...just playing and experimenting with unmarked shorts and scraps.......". I love trying this mixed with that and seeing what I get. That's why I never make more than a few of any bead color/pattern. So I wind up with a collection similar to yours. So I really appreciate the colors and patterns that you've got on each bead. If that's what just playing and experimenting is, keep it up. I'd like to see some necklaces and/or bracelets made with those beads. (Not putting pressure on you to produce.. just sayin'..)

Old 2011-09-16, 9:21pm

Deb, those colors really delight the eye! Fantastic!

Lisa, Thank you for your comment!
Old 2011-09-17, 6:28am

thanks for the compliments on my beads I wish i could make finished jewelry...i admit i totally suck at it...if its beyond hanging a pendant i screw it up...lol

black pearl huh? i will have to order some.... i never have luck with blacks..someone on here suggested putting black on a base of clear first and it worked!..lol..they didnt break...lol..

my friend calls them "SQUIRREL!!!" beads..... i have a great dane that is the biggest goof ever..she could be eating prime rib and someone could say "squirrel!" and she would totally loose focus...lol...thats me with boro .... ohh that looks good...wonder what this color will look like....hmmm maybe if i roll it in frit....ohhhh pink.....shit! what was i making???? oh well encase it in clear....LOL

Old 2011-09-17, 7:31am

I can relate Deb when I sit at the torch I also have trouble keeping focused on the 'plan'. I also suck at putting things together as a set, that why I make just one large pendant or bead. Yesterday I made myself use just two colors, dark cobalt blue tubing with caramel lustre on top. I could make any design or shape but I couldn't use any other colors. It was my way of making myself try different shapes and not focus on the colors. I did make it through half a day before I caved to the phrase 'oh I wonder what this color would look like' on blue tubing. lol
On another note the black you are describing could be black lightening or is it midnight black. Its my understanding that there is several blacks out there that do this metallic sheen some better than others. Hopefully your supplier or someone here can point you in the right one for you. cheers deb t

Old 2011-09-17, 9:14am
Wonder-wench

Default Flower Power

I've been practicing making orchids (thanks to Eric Edner's fantastic class at GS this year).

these are based on the Moth Orchid (Phalaenopsis)

loop is too low to hang right

used TAG Jawbone and Mai Tai (for dots and lower labellum petal), love the way it shades from pink to yellow

loop placement is better, but i wish I had used a solid green and the shape is not so nice

I need to work the Jawbone cooler I guess, I just couldn't avoid boiling which resulted in these little scarred areas, boo! cuz I love this organic white color.

thanks for looking

Old 2011-09-17, 7:18pm

Another white to consider is china white it's easier to use when exposed to the flame. I also used 'whiteout' at glass stock and it seems to work allot like china white. Because I haven't used 'whiteout' since I got home I can't totally vouch for it but it looks promising. Your flower are well done otherwise and have good form.

Old 2011-09-18, 7:47pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

I posted this in the dragon exchange I am hosting but it is boro and I wanted to show it off here.
Name:  003.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  006.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  42.5 KB